Delainy and Durlyle

Guest Guest

I just wondered what would happen when Delainy or Durlyle kisses you if you are romancing someone. Depending on what stage the romance is at, will we get different dialogues?

Wow, I just realised there's hella loads of romances...

Ajantis

Coran

Xan

Xzar

(Eldoth? I hear dorotea was going to be doing that, is he/she still?)

Dynaheir

Imoen

Branwen

Anyone else? What's their reactions? I haven't actually PLAYED this yet so I just wanna know :D

-I added what I think is an appropriate cut-scene with an in-romance Coran for Durlyle as an interjection for Phase II (not coded yet).

-Dynaheir will probably limit her involvment with a sharp remark (not done yet)

-Xan will sulk and PC will have to do some repairs... (if romance is to be done)

I'm on that, too :D If I have any interjections of course I will post them.

On topic: Ajantis will react to Durlyle, of course... But how exactly I have to re-read the texts. Hope this answers your question... Don't want to spoil your game experience, anyway... :D

OK, here we go... the answer for Coran - he will interject throughout the dialogue if he likes the lady :cry: and in the end will... well, I'd let you to find out what happens once you press this 'continue' button :blush:

post-45-1098161962_thumb.jpg

they are exactly the same, but Dur is male, and delayney is female.

Yep, just like Garren's kids in BG2.

Regarding the IE, some folks say the romance began with BG2. I say it began with Delainy (or Durlyle) in BG1. Of course, not everyone chose the right dialog lines to see such evidence. I was seriously thinking Del might join me on the return trip. I also seriously hated leaving that island. I haven't played BG1 since. Heh. *sniff*

It's a neat trick though. The dialogs have to be written as if the speaker and the one being spoken to are of either gender. Two different NPCs, but only one spawns based on the gender of the player's character.

Still, it'd be more fun if, say, Del and Dur were brother and sister. Then there could be some interjections and offhand comments from the other sibling when Del/Dur kisses you. Or whatever.

It's a neat trick though. The dialogs have to be written as if the speaker and the one being spoken to are of either gender. Two different NPCs, but only one spawns based on the gender of the player's character.

The dialogue is a perfect example of how *bad* unisex romancing can be. I played it yesterday to add Coran's interjections and the finale, and honestly, it maybe cute when a vilklage historian girl asks big and brave male PC to go fetch her a cloak and flowers which she then gives to you along with the gentle kiss, but the reverse situation becomes nigh ridiculous! A man that asks me to bring *him* flowers and then *gives* them to me?!! I have no desire whatsoever to have that Durlyle in my group after that.

I especially appreciated the 'unisexsessness' of the answer for my FEMALE PC:

"I am not your errand boy"

said my blonde tender elven girl to the wideshouldered werewolf Durlyle...

I was almost tempted to re-write Durlyle's dialogue to actually suite a *female* PC!

Archived