BG2: Installation issues

Ankhesenpaaten

Darn, it looks like ToB is required for this version, after all.

But here's how to get it to work.

Open up the mod folder and find the folder inside called "script". Open it.

Inside, find the file called b!kilgav.baf and open it with any text editor. Notepad is fine.

Delete what's there and put this in its place:

IF 
True() 
THEN 
RESPONSE #100 
	CutSceneId(Player1) 
//		ActionOverride("Anomen",SwingOnce()) 
	ActionOverride("Anomen",Kill("B!Gavin2") 
	ActionOverride("Anomen",StartDialogueNoSet(Player1) 
END

Then install the mod. Or wait for me to upload another version, which will take approximately half an hour. Just once, I want to be able to upload a mod and not have to fix something within 24 hours.

If you've got ToB, don't bother updating. The mod is the same. Only download v2 if you've got an SoA-only game.

I'm having trouble installing :[ It keeps giving me this error at the end of the setup:

[gavin_bg2/script/tob/b!kilgav.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 7 column 1-43

Near Text: )

[swingOnce] not found in ACTION.IDS

[gavin_bg2/script/tob/b!kilgav.baf] ERROR at line 7 column 1-43

Near Text: )

Parsing.Parse_error

ERROR: parsing [gavin_bg2/script/tob/b!kilgav.baf]: Parsing.Parse_error

ERROR: error compiling [gavin_bg2/script/tob/b!kilgav.baf]: Parsing.Parse_error

ERROR: compiling [gavin_bg2/script/tob/b!kilgav.baf]!

Stopping installation because of error.

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Gavin for BG2], rolling back to previous state

Will uninstall 575 files for [GAVIN_BG2/SETUP-GAVIN_BG2.TP2] component 0.

Uninstalled 575 files for [GAVIN_BG2/SETUP-GAVIN_BG2.TP2] component 0.

ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error

PLEASE email the file SETUP-GAVIN_BG2.DEBUG to berelinde@gmail.com

Using Language [English]

Install Component [Gavin for BG2]?

nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit?

Please help? :{

Weird. That line is suddenly missing a closing parenthesis. Which is weird because I haven't changed that script since I wrote it, and I ran through the encounter associated with it without any difficulty whatsoever.

But the missing parenthess is really missing, so it is a bug. I'll have a new version up shortly.

Nah, already sorted that. I'm using ENGINE_IS ~tob~ to detect for ToB, so it's only installing that script if ToB is detected. The problem is that I've got

ActionOverride("Anomen",SwingOnce()

with no closing parenthesis.

This is really weird, because I test-install every version before uploading, and I played through the Gavin/Anomen duel in tesing to make sure everything was working. I'm going to blame the cats. How, I don't know, but I'm blaming them anyway.

WeiDU is able to compile ActionOverride("Anomen",SwingOnce() without errors. And I don't think it would give that error over a syntax issue like this even if it couldn't. Seems more likely Guest_Hii_*'s action.ids really is missing SwingOnce for some reason.

Thanks for that info, Wisp. It's still an error, so it still needed correction, though.

Hopefully, Guest_Hii_* will check back in so we can do some more troubleshooting.

Guest_Hii_*, do you have ToB installed? Did you do a full installation? Let's see what we can do to get this sorted out.

Well, I tried installing the version 15 one instead, buuut it gave me the same exact error. I have a full installation with ToB. Other mods have always installed just fine, so I'm not really sure if I somehow managed to do something weird and muck it up with both version 14 and 15, or...? :[

And thank you for being so fast and patient <3

OK, for some reason, your installation is missing SwingOnce() in its Action.ids.

The problem isn't with the mod, because it's installing just fine on everyone else's machine. The problem is that your installation somehow lacks SwingOnce() from Action.ids. I don't know why this would be. Scratched disk? It's possible that this may not be the only problem with your installation, since it's likely that unmodified game scripts may also fail, even if you don't install a single mod.

That said, the script involved isn't that important. There's one animation that will play if you have ToB, but not if you have SoA.

This is how you can work around it for the time being.

Open up the mod folder gavin_bg2. Inside, you will see a folder called "script." Open that up.

Look for the file "b!kilgav.baf" and right click on it. Select "Copy."

Inside the script folder, you will see another folder called "tob". Open it.

Paste the file you just copied inside the "tob" folder. Overwrite the existing file.

Install the mod. It should go through this time with no issues, since that's the only ToB-only action in the entire mod.

Let me know how you make out. :suspect:

By the way, the most likely cause of your problem is that some other mod is overwriting action.ids and is not using a ToB-compatible file to do it. There are a number of mods out there that do overwrite action.ids, so I can't tell you which one is responsible. So it probably wasn't you mucking something up, it was probably one of those other mods mucking something up. Unfortunate, but it happens.

It finally let me install! Woo~! Thank you so much. It suppose it would make sense if another mod was overwriting it, since I just installed a couple I had never tried out before and so I wouldn't have had any trouble prior to it if ever there was a mod that needed what ever action.ids is? I don't know much about this coding stuff xP Thank yoou <3 :suspect:

Archived