Beta-testers Wanted: Keldorn romance mod

berelinde

Whoah... that is a huge surprise. If only my CD2 was unharmed, I would consider it a priviledge to help :) *sighs*. As it is, I'll just throw a few words in: nice work! Congratulations not only on the idea, but also the will (and skill, I am sure!:) ) to write it into a mod.

Well, my game is working now. :puke: Beta testers still needed?

It's been quite a while since the SoA portion has been ready to go but a new job, illness, and the demise of my laptop has delayed the ToB portion quite a bit. With that in mind, I've reluctantly decided to go public with the SoA portion. Players should understand that things take time. They should also be warned that it can take quite a lot to make someone realize what someone else means to them. The mod won't appeal to everyone. If you're still interested, download below. The mod has been through beta-testing, but this will do for a support topic, for the time being.

It's been a while since I ventured here (life's been busy and I've been playing bigger, flashier games for some time) but I'm glad to see this.

I generally like to play mods that go through to ToB, or it feels a bit like coitus interruptus. Any news on when the ToB part will be done?

I'm currently at 8/17 talks completed with NPC commentary, PID, flirts, and epilogues still to go.

The 17 talks are broken down into 6 timered talks (5 complete) and 11 situational talks (3 complete). Situational talks include things like the post-challenge conversations, Master Wraith encounter and follow-up, reaction to Saradush, etc.

Realistically, we're looking at 3 months. I don't want it to take that long, but it will. It's ironic. When I was unemployed, I wrote the entire 35-talk SoA section in 3 weeks, plus another 3 weeks for quest, PID, and related NPC dialogues. Such is life.

I've been toying with the idea of making this a possible Player2 romance, but I think I'll wait on that until after I've got the Player1 part released. Of all the NPC mods I've done, this is the only one that would work equally well for a friend of the Bhaalspawn.

There were some problems with a few of the NPC romance reactions for Edwin and Viconia. Apparently, my beta-testers avoided taking along NPCs who were likely to get into a disagreement with the paladin. :beer:

Anyway, it's fixed now, and available here. I'll take down the link in the post above.

I'm bumping this because I've been answering the same questions a lot lately.

The ToB portion is not included in the linked download.

I am hoping that the ToB portion will be in testing by the end of the year, but I cannot make any absolute promises. I'll be recruiting ToB testers at some point, so watch this space for more info.

Thanks to everyone that has sent positive feedback for the SoA portion. It makes my day. :cringe:

Berelinde, the only reason for registering here was to praise your mod.

Ever since my first playthrough with Keldorn in the party, I immediately liked him very much - he's still the best BG2 NPC for me, and his main disadvantage was his marriage and the lack of a romance path. And I've been waiting for a mod to change that, but I was afraid that after somehow dealing with the marriage thing the mod Keldorn would not be the same paladin we all know and like.

Your mod is wonderful. It is the same Keldorn we know from the vanilla game. And the romance - well designed, and I love it's maturity, and that things take their time to develop, and how much dialogue there is - well, I love everything about your mod. Concerning the dialogue - the talks about music and books are such a nice accent, and that one talk over a bottle of wine – I think it’s my fave so far; well, in most of the talks, actually, there’s this feeling Keldorn really cares for the PC, and I absolutely adore how your mod is not about the “bedroll questâ€, but so much more.

Haven't finished the mod yet and so waiting patiently for the ToB part, and I'm 100% sure it'll be worth it.

I wish you lots of inspiration, though from what I can see you won't need it and have enough already :)

Aw, glad you enjoyed it!

I can't claim credit for the idea, though. Sephira (IIRC...) was the one who suggested a way to develop the romance without destroying the characters in the process. And then she dropped off the planet. Anyway, I'm glad it worked for you. I really do need to get back to modding. It will be a year soon, and still no ToB. :)

Alright, add me to the list of people who registered just to praise this mod.

I've always loved Baldurs Gate, the plots astounding and the characters are enjoyable no matter how many times you've played. A lot of mods that try and make aditions to the vanilla characters tend to...derail them. Your mod never, ever did that. You wrote Keldorn, like Bioware wrote him, and that's amazing.

I loved the tone of the romance. It was serious, and indepth and very...real. It wasn't just someone just suddenly falling in love with the hero, like so many custom mods are. The diologue was smart, touching, and a tribute to the extent of your writing talent. And I can't wait for the TOB portion.

So...i know real life has to come first, but I'm really hoping you find time to finish this. I just can't expound how great this was. Thank you! :laugh:

Thank you for your kind words! I am glad you enjoyed it!

RL is still a factor, and it would be for the best if it continues to be, since that means I'm still working, but this is a long weekend. I'm hoping to do some more writing...

Hi there!!

I believe this is the first time i post something in these forums but i've been lurking for years XD. Berelinde i love your mods and this one is no exception, so, I'd really like to thank for your hard work. People like you give life to this great game and make it even better.

I`ve been using a modified portrait for your mod. I made it from the image Senka posted a while ago in here. Just shaved him and made his hair darker. I thought someone may like to use it too!!

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/7633/ykeldorn7.jpg

So happy to hear Keldorn is coming along! I've been waiting so patiently yet so anxiously for him in ToB. I can hardly wait! He's brilliantly done and you've captured him perfectly, I think.

I also like the new portrait - it looks so much more like the age Bioware stated him to be; 39. Regardless, it looks great! :)

Archived