Comments on "Progress Reports"

Guest Alaya

I think it's "Dalis" rather than "Haer" just because he hated when Jan called him "Haerry", but talking to Sarevok, he himself called his would be tragery "Dalis' Inferno".

Xzar? Sure! Every time! And just ONCE I did let THAT happen as it "must" and it was my first SoA time 4 years ago. Now when that <censored> harper asassin appears I Ctrl+Q Xzar, murder the wench and then go to eliminate everybody in Galvarey's estate. For Monty! :) Then, if I don't need Xzar for the party, I just buy him nice robes and weapons and let him go.

Oh my... :love:

Somewhere I read that ctrl+q used on non-joinable character could crash the game when it's time to level up, is that so?

Ps. and for any questions about the same IP as Shii (i saw somewhere it was), she's my friend and sometimes writes from my computer, especially on holidays, when she stays here longer :)

Somewhere I read that ctrl+q used on non-joinable character could crash the game when it's time to level up, is that so?

Not exactly. If you Ctrl+Q Xzar, Coran or any NPC, who has a Class, he will level up normally. Just now I myself have Aawill and Akae in the group. They're really fun. :love: (Btw, don't Ctrl+Q Garrick, he is buggy) But trying to level up a cat, a peasant/commoner or anyone like that will throw you out of the game, that's all.

... hmm, we've again having offtop... :)

Surely I adore this kid Garrick! I meself wonder how others can dislike him!

And, Domi, there was no paladin-adoring things! Garrick is a pretty fine bard, remember BG1! Look,

SAY ~So, <CHARNAME>, could you tell me something about the time when we were travelling apart? I want more material for my ballad of your adventures, you know.~ [Garri99]

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~The ballad, heh? Garrick, are you sure, it's worth doing at all?~ DO ~SetGlobal("Garrick_PC","LOCALS",1)~ GOTO What

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Just leave me alone. I have no wish to discuss this with you.~ DO ~SetGlobal("Garrick_PC","LOCALS",1)~ GOTO BugOff

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN What

SAY ~What do you mean, <CHARNAME>? You don't trust in my bardic skills? Anymore...~

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~No offence, Garrick. I always thought, you're a fine bard and all, but after that Irlana incident, I worried... that something wrong have happened to you...~ GOTO Explain

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Nah, and never did. You're just a pest and I wonder, why do I still keep you in my party. Now mind your own business and leave me alone.~ GOTO BugOff

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN Explain

SAY ~*Garrick looks at you in surprise for a moment then starts laughing* I see, I see. I've just forgotten to explain all this thing to you and so you started to think, I've became senile. In two words - it was not me, who was in love with Lady Irlana and wanted her attention. It was Cyrando.~

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~What, WHAT?! Than what was that all about you? And you even didn't recognize me the first time I saw you there!~ GOTO Act

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN Act

SAY ~Cyrando was my first and only friend in this big sity, <CHARMAME>, so when I learned about his passion to the human paladin, I decided to find a way to help him somehow. They already knew each other, but she never noticed him. For her it was just a gnome she met once or twise. When I got acquainted with the lady, I made a good impression on her. *smile* And then I started playing my role...~

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~So that she could realize the difference between a nice but pretty stupid young man and a loving witty gnome, right?~ GOTO RIGHT

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~What, a nonsense! Get out of my sight, liar!~ GOTO BugOff

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN Right

SAY ~Exactly! For a wise woman appearance shouldn't matter much. And when I thought it was time, I "accidentally" gave him away. Risky, of course, but it was a chance. So you must understand, at that moment I just couldn't "recognize" you.~

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~And it worked fine, you, slyboots! *smile to Garrick* Now what you wanted to know about my travels...~ EXIT

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN BugOff

SAY ~I do not know, what I did to deserve *that*. I'll leave you alone, as you wish it.~

IF ~~ THEN EXIT

END

Hm, I disliked him at first sight in BG1, I don't know... his manner of talking, being, his portrait (terrible for me, this is male??)... Besides, I don't like bards at all, especially those so sweet like Garrick, blah! He hasn't that THING that make me like some characters :)

Er... whatever you want. I liked the Irlana story and Garrick playing Christian's role. I thought it was very much in character and I like males to have plenty of romantic history. Makes me appreciate their love for my character more. :) But anyways, have fun, just proof-read it. You have "sity" instead of "city" there and it should be "passion for", not "passion to" and stuff.

Aryene, have you tried BG1NPC? I like Andyr's take on Garrick, it's actually endearing and touchingly funny. After all, not all males were born to be brooding, strong and silent type.

I know, I know, especially in real life *sniff* ;P I like lovely and romantic stories, but not from Garrick, just my feeling, or whatever :)

If I uderstand correctly, this BG1NPC is a mod? If so, I didn't play any, I prefer BG2 for many reasons (that doesn't mean I don't like first part! just I started play with mods from BG2) :love:

Domi, d'u mean you LIKE the innocent one look like a real jerk???

Bugs upon my head! You've provoked me, getting me out of my sleepy depress! Garrick WILL have a romance and he'll be a most sweet kid ever! (Domi, t'was not at all a pleasant thing to translate! Ya know, in russian he sounds quite nicely.)

Aryene, what about this portrait?

894364_875093_GARRICK.jpg

As one of my friens said "a pretty vulgar and saucy blondy"

Beat?! I'll EAT you for my lovely Garrick!!! :)

Darn, t'is HDR forum and we're offtopping!!! *looks ashamed... and pushes Garrick towards the soft armchair (*sit calmly, I'll never let anyone insult you and I'll try to get you a romance as soon as I can...And a Kania-Guard-NPC-MOD after that. Niiiice ideas :love: though who would want it?*)

If I uderstand correctly, this BG1NPC is a mod? If so, I didn't play any, I prefer BG2 for many reasons (that doesn't mean I don't like first part! just I started play with mods from BG2)

Yep, BG1NPC is a mod, it adds banter, interjections, romances etc in BG1 for all the characters :) It is hosted here, a few stories up:

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showforum=45

Domi, d'u mean you LIKE the innocent one look like a real jerk???

Well, I don't think that he acts like a jerk :love: So, let's leave it at that. It's your mod, and you can do whatever you wish.

Well, I don't think that he acts like a jerk  So, let's leave it at that. It's your mod, and you can do whatever you wish.

Not like a jerk? "I can have... pants, I mean, chance"?? And it's a boy, who once was studying in Waterdeep and is a professional? I don't want to do what I *wish*, just it was unfair what Bioware's done to him in SoA, and he is my friend. *siiigh* Though Bioware is ALWAYS unfair... :)

Archived