Volcano Productions

Aion

For those that are not aware of its existence:

I run an independent BG2 modding site called Volcano Productions. Its flagship mod is "Soul Exchange", a mod that prevents the Bioware NPC's from joining the party, and introduces an entirely new cast of joinable NPC's, each with their own personality, voices, possible friendships, at least 6 romances (4 heterosexual, 1 gay, 1 lesbian), quests and more. There's also the Expansion Pack which adds additional NPC's, romances, animal companions, and more.

Other mods that are hosted at Volcano Productions include Coondred (male raccoon fur druid, introducing furries to BG2), Volcanic Armoury (item pack), Crusader Pack (an old obscure mod updated by me).

In progress are: Lockheart (sweet female vocalist/bard, lesbian romance with PC, close friendship with Aerie), Aerie Relationship (adds friendship track, lesbian romance with PC, and a new quest to Aerie), Wikaede Revisited (my first mod, a One-Day NPC, created anew and expanded), Korgan Romance (Korgan x PC romance), Nicholas (male bunny fur with friendship and possible gay romance with PC), and more.

If you're interested, the forums with all mods and progress are found here: Volcano Productions Forums and the main website is found here: Volcano Productions Website

Soul Exchange sounds interesting but this

What platform is this mod made on?

Baldur's Gate II SoA & ToB, with the latest official patch and non-WeiDU Baldurdash Fixpack and Game Text Update. I don't support using this mod on other platforms, like without ToB, or the Gibberlings 3 BG2 Fixpack.

Why can't I use the G3 Fixpack?

My personal experience with it crashed my game randomly, while the patch/Baldurdash combo has always worked fine. It doesn't fix all bugs, I know. I might include a few fixes as additional component.

Can I play this mod alongside other mods?

Probably, but I don't recommend installing more mods together with this massive project. I will also not offer support if there is some conflict between my mods and someone else's, or if you decided to install more mods anyway and get an error or bug.

Just play the game with this one mod installed and you'll be fine. I will offer support if there's an error with this mod when it's installed according to the instructions and recommendations. =)

is a deal-breaker. 99% of the active player base has anywhere from 2 to 100+ mods -- that all get along fine -- and one of those is almost guaranteed to be the Fixpack. baldurdash was deprecated eons ago. you should consider compatibility nearly as important as content if you want to reach more than a handful of people.

As long as there's nothing build into the mods that purposely breaks compatibility with G3 Fixpack, I don't see a problem. It's his choice if he wants to support multiple mod installations or not.

If the content is worth it, I'm sure Leonardo and friends will find ways to integrate it into BWP-sytle Megamods.

As long as there's nothing build into the mods that purposely breaks compatibility with G3 Fixpack, I don't see a problem.

considering the scope and subject, i can see problems. even the simplest of mods have bugs and compatibility issues.

It's his choice if he wants to support multiple mod installations or not.

no one disputed that; i posted the likely consequences, and considering this...

I don't recommend installing more mods together with this massive project. I will also not offer support if there is some conflict between my mods and someone else's, or if you decided to install more mods anyway and get an error or bug.

Just play the game with this one mod installed and you'll be fine. I will offer support if there's an error with this mod when it's installed according to the instructions and recommendations.

... it sounds like he's pretty set on this being the only mod you can have installed. most people aren't going to set up an entirely separate bg2 installation just for one mod, nevermind that they're also losing other mod elements they've come to adore and rely on such as, i dunno, mods for AI, kits, items, quests, tweaks, etc.

If the content is worth it, I'm sure Leonardo and friends will find ways to integrate it into BWP-sytle Megamods.

i only have 4 mods, hardly mega, though mega is the trend now. even shallow compatibility and a willingness to help with problems would be enough for most people, i'd imagine.

I agree that while Soul Exchange seems interesting, I will never installing it because of what is said about G3 FixPack and Baldurdash. I had the feeling I was reading at Sikret's writing.

No way I will install the extremely old, non-uninstallable, non-WeiDU, Baldurdash that can't be installed if the registry keys are not present (and in my case they are not ; it's much quicker to install the game unzipping the archive I made with SOA+TOB+patch TOB than the long process to install from CDs ; even the GOG.com version of the game is extremely slow to install compared to archive unzipping).

I agree. What's more, as a modder I install and uninstall a lot of stuff. It seems I'm doomed :cool: Honestly,if you want your mod to be installed, Aion, you must respect other mods and players' will - in what you wrote it looks like they were fobiden to use other mods and if they do so, you won't help because they were insolent enough to check other projects as well.

From what I have seen of her website, this "Mod" has been dropped and picked up multiple times and the site as freely claims the help there once was is gone. Not sure how much we can really expect from this one. It is an interesting idea sure, but how much has been done and how much really has to be scrapped at this point?

Please Moongaze/Aion never leave the IE community. We all appreciate your annual report of the 1,675,543 mod ideas that you will never release. This is almost as hilarious as the continued futility of Temujin, Saros, and others of their ilk who continually attack the glory of the greatest mod every released (Improved Anvil of course) released by the greatest minds the IE community has ever been able to behold (my lords and masters Sikret and Baronius). Carry on little gibberlings...

Archived