Skip Candlekeep crashes game and Level 0 NPCs does not always work

Anomaly

Hi,

I tried SCS v19 (on Windows 7 this time) on BGT-WeiDU 1.11. No Mega-Install.

First, Skip Candlekeep crashes the game.

If you accept the gift from the Sentinel and accept that the Sentinel brings you to Gorion, you can see Gorion actually moves to you, then he talks to you, then he returns to his original spot, which is unusual. After his speech about Khalid and Jaheira, you get a black screen. If you click on the black screen, you return to Windows.

If you refuse the gifts from the Sentinel, you can continue to play the game smoothly and Gorion behaves correctly.

Second, Level 0 NPCs does not seem to always work. It worked right on Imoen and Xzar, but not on Montaron. Montaron already had his 4 proficiency stars for start at level 0, I could only choose to spend 25 points to his thieving skills, and once leveled to 1/1, he still has many too hit points (24).

Second, Level 0 NPCs does not seem to always work. It worked right on Imoen and Xzar, but not on Montaron. Montaron already had his 4 proficiency stars for start at level 0, I could only choose to spend 25 points to his thieving skills, and once leveled to 1/1, he still has many too hit points (24).
Those are to be expected, hopefully you didn't install the Level 1 NPCs too. See the thieves only can assign 25 thief skill points when they level up, as you are not actually making a new character, just leveling one up, it said in the read me.. or something, I am quite sure of it, the thieves should have the other points (15) already assigned. The extra hit points should be gone by the time you are hit the first time, it may require save and load, but the script that removes the extra hitpoints should kick in quite soon after the character is leveled up, so there is really no need to worry about them. The L1NPCs + SCS has had the delayed HP reduction for ages, it's not a new thing, and there might be other mods that cause the delay, but it shouldn't be infinite.

Don't know about the Skip Candlekeep crash... the Weidu.logs content might help someone.

I know that the fact that I got 25 points to thieving skills is standard behavior. The buggy part was to have the proficiency stars already assigned and the buggy hit points after levelling up. Please note that I tried to let Montaron be hurt, this didn't fix the hit point bug. Granted, I didn't try to save and reload.

And no I didn't try to combine Level 1 NPCs with SCS "level 0 NPCs", that would be a dumb thing to do. :cool:

Post both the contents of your WeiDU.log file as Jarno said and the contents of your baldur.err file from after the black screen (for the latter, make sure you have an entry for Logging On=1 under Program Options in your baldur.ini file).

Guest Guest_Necaradan666_*

yeah I had same problems with Monatrons proficiencies and most every party member having way too many hit points apart from Imoen, Xzar at lvl 1 had like 24hp

yeah I had same problems with Monatrons proficiencies and most every party member having way too many hit points apart from Imoen, Xzar at lvl 1 had like 24hp
The old, level up, save, wait, load the save & wait should cure that in couple of seconds, as the script will need the time to restart after the level up is done. Yes, the character has the 20 HP's extra intentionally, as they are reduced when the script action fires.
The old, level up, save, wait, load the save & wait should cure that in couple of seconds, as the script will need the time to restart after the level up is done. Yes, the character has the 20 HP's extra intentionally, as they are reduced when the script action fires.

Okay I'll give this component another try and report back

Okay I believe I have it narrowed down to here:

// Recently Uninstalled: ~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #5015 // More sensible choices of weapon proficiencies and kits for fighters (also fixes some errors in fighter stats): v19

after a lot of trial and error, process of elimination and more times watching sarevok kill gorion than anyone needs in a lifetime recruiting montaron always seems to work as intended unless this component is installed

I tried on a clean tutu install with only the 0 level npc component installed, only the 0 level npc component and the majority of other scs components and with only 0 levels npcs and the sensible fighter component, then when I decided it was the fighter component causing the errors I uninstalled it from my fully modded install, each time it came down to the same conclusion

I'd assume other fighter companions, or fighter multiclass companions might have been affected too, but I only tested with monty

Archived