iOS port of GemRB (iPad/iPhone)

SyntaxError

Hi

I've just found out about GemRB, and installed it on my iPad 2 to play through the Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale games. I'm running the 0.7.0-204 build.

I've started playing BG1, and noticed a bit of an oddity with the right-click facility. Right clicking appears to be achieved by pressing and holding for a moment and then releasing, but there seems to be an offset with the location. If I want to get details of the weapon in the first weapon slot I actually have to right click on the fourth item in the top row of the inventory. To right click on a quick item I have to right click off the bottom of the screen.

Similarly, clicking and holding on the main display, to rotate the formation, appears to have quite a large offset.

BG2 doesn't appear to have the same issue, but if I drop the resolution from 1024x760 to 800x600 it develops a slight offset, and if I drop it to 640x480 it develops it the same as BG1.

If I increase the resolution of BG1 to 1024x768 it fixes the problem, but as I don't have the widescreen mod installed that's not really an option!

I've also noticed that for some reason, when I run IWD:HoW the status bar remains at the top of the screen, pushing the bottom of the game off the screen, even though fullscreen is set to 1 in the config.

Any thoughts/solutions you have would be much appreciated.

Iain.

i guess i have never tested running at a resolution other than 1024x768. of course the best thing to do is install the widescreen mod, but this should really be fixed. I don't know if its an SDL bug or not, but it sounds like its something i could work out in the touch code regardless. I'm a bit stumped that regular clicks wouldn't have the same offset tho. I see now why single mouse buttons arent affected. Its because touch events are screen-wide and mouse events are scaled to the SDL surface.

Edit: this problem has been fixed in source.

For every body reporting path install problems. I cannot replicate these in the simulator. I can only assume some file manager operation is failing for one reason or another. I will have to add some failure checks and logging to know for sure.

Its entirely possible that the fix for the touches i pushed earlier will fix the issues with touch coordinates on iphone 4/4s too (then again maybe not)

on top of that i have made it so if the game cannot load the configuration interface loads up instead of the application exiting. may be helpful for extended troubleshooting matches :)

Archived