iOS port of GemRB (iPad/iPhone)

SyntaxError

When the game crashes my saves disappear that were created during the run that crashed (so the ones created since the last time I started the app, and the app was not closed since then).

Only autosave remains.

without a log i cant help you.

The other is when I try to close the app with multitasking gestures, It totally kills the ipad, and takes several buttonpress till I am able to close it. (it's not that annoying :) but I've noticed it)

probably wont ever get fixed sorry. I just have no idea what to do and there isnt any way to do this in the simulator (or i have no idea what you are talking about).

When the game crashes my saves disappear that were created during the run that crashed (so the ones created since the last time I started the app, and the app was not closed since then).

Only autosave remains.

without a log i cant help you.

The other is when I try to close the app with multitasking gestures, It totally kills the ipad, and takes several buttonpress till I am able to close it. (it's not that annoying :) but I've noticed it)

probably wont ever get fixed sorry. I just have no idea what to do and there isnt any way to do this in the simulator (or i have no idea what you are talking about).

All right =) I see. The only thing to prevent this "closing" issue is to use the buttons on the pad, instead of the 5 finger gesture. It's not a problem if it remains like this.

And for the savegame issue, i'm gonna try to get a log.

finally I've been able to log one of my favourite and most frequent errors.

After loading nothing appears on the map but fog of war. no npcs, no party, only the scenery.

It happened in earlier builds too.

here is the log: http://dl.dropbox.co...oadingerror.log

EDIT: hmm the log seems to be the game crash before I restarted and tried to load the save and the actual error happened. So it's not the error I've described in this post. anyway. it might be useful because it happens all the time. (I'll try to get a log for that loading stuff too)

EDIT2: wait a minute.... this log was made just after the previous: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19597145/GemRBios5_crash.log

The ending for both is the same, but the beginning is different. (i noticed the date) So probably the log was not cleared and the app started only the rewrite it? if that's what happened then the first one contains somewhere the loading erron, and the second link is just a crash.

If this is what happened, then why did not erase the app the previous log? shouldn't it do that?

looks like when i updated sdl that broke touch input (they changed the mapping of mouse buttons to a new order incompatible with our internal flags)

on the plus side i see a new addition to SDL for iOS that could possibly allow me to fix the game running in portrait on iphones and hopefully prevent the display from flipping upside down on ipad.

Edit: meh, wrong again. the cause was the update, but the reason was they added a new field in the middle of their event struct offsetting the button field.

looks like when i updated sdl that broke touch input (they changed the mapping of mouse buttons to a new order incompatible with our internal flags)

on the plus side i see a new addition to SDL for iOS that could possibly allow me to fix the game running in portrait on iphones and hopefully prevent the display from flipping upside down on ipad.

I'm not sure what you mean but i'm very happy you see a new solution :p anyway, thanks for your great (both meaning :p) job!

The right click bug seems to have been fixed in the latest build, thanks very much!

I am now crashing every time I enter the fight with the wolf, dread wolf and gibberling on the first area of chapter 1

The log suggests that it is crashing trying to play that music file, but I can see the file in the directory... ([re is the last part of the log, it's not truncated)

Resisted 0 of 4 at 0% resistance to 0

[Actor]: 4 damage taken.

[ResourceManager]: Searching for HIT_03A... HIT_03A.wav...[chitin.key]

Displaying string on: none

[ResourceManager]: Searching for giber09... giber09.wav...[chitin.key]

[Movable]: Stance overridden by death

Displaying string on: none

Damage animation type: 2

[GameScript]: Aborted action due to death

[OpenAL]: Playing Next Music

[ResourceManager]: Searching for BP1/BP1A3... BP1/BP1A3.acm...[Music]

Playing: BP1/BP1A3

[OpenAL]: Queuing New Music

[Re

And some more info, trying again with a fully new build, still crashes at the same point. Looks like it gets past the music file this time though.

Might go back to the build before this one and try that.

edit : nope, same issue with build 180

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25161223/GemRB.log

there is my latest log. Last thing to try, is one of the 17x builds which i know were working yesterday

Hmmm 178 doesnt get through that part either. I wonder if the issue is with the new paths

Under installs 174 onwards, instead of creating Library\Save and Library\Cache, it creates Librarysave and Librarycache

i have to manually create those directories to get the game to run

also instead of creating Baldur.exe it creates a directory called tmp instead

edit : almost certainly the problem, going back to 158 i can get past that fight no problems, but still with the right click issue.

anyhow off to the football now

Archived