iOS port of GemRB (iPad/iPhone)

SyntaxError

Edit works, BUT you can't scroll the form, then it quit working...

I have no idea what this means :-p

you mentiod that the game is 640x480 by default for IWD. but in the CFG it says 1024x768

IWD + HOW = HOW not IWD

IWD + Exp (how). Stuck in the movie part, there is a big screen on top of it.

I believe Avenger just barely fixed this. download build 149 when its uploaded.

vep: 3) we'll need the log, sounds like something broke in one of the guiscripts (a python exception was thrown)

I hope this is what you mean =) http://dl.dropbox.co...e_ios5.log?dl=1

Also there was the problem in the temple where I was not able to resurrect my dead party member (but on my pc I was). Maybe a log can help here either: http://dl.dropbox.co...e_ios5.log?dl=1

Here is a screenshot with this:

http://dl.dropbox.co...ssue_ios5_1.PNG

http://dl.dropbox.co...ssue_ios5_2.PNG

yes that is what we need. I'll wit to see what lynx says about this. it could be an iOS python problem.

lynx, for your convenience the relavant part is:

reactivating base class

Value: 9

Value: 18

[ResourceManager]: Searching for SAVEWAR.2da...[chitin.key]

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/private/var/mobile/Applications/C8ACF142-3FFF-4F6C-AC8B-14A04B3663E6/GemRB.app/GUIScripts/LevelUp.py", line 631, in LevelUpDonePress

ReactivateBaseClass ()

File "/private/var/mobile/Applications/C8ACF142-3FFF-4F6C-AC8B-14A04B3663E6/GemRB.app/GUIScripts/LevelUp.py", line 717, in ReactivateBaseClass

if not GameRB.HasResource(SpellTables[0], RES_2DA):

NameError: global name 'GameRB' is not defined

Levels: 4 / 3 / 0

I will download the latest one tonight then..

I see the the current is <20 hrs old as of right now

yes buildbot is still churning out builds. looks like it will be done in about half an hour.

Edit:

FYI several builds are going at once... be sure you download by build number instead of by time uploaded... i THINK the latest version is 147 or 148.

yes that is what we need. I'll wit to see what lynx says about this. it could be an iOS python problem.

lynx, for your convenience the relavant part is:

reactivating base class

Value: 18

[ResourceManager]: Searching for SAVEWAR.2da...[chitin.key]

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/private/var/mobile/Applications/C8ACF142-3FFF-4F6C-AC8B-14A04B3663E6/GemRB.app/GUIScripts/LevelUp.py", line 631, in LevelUpDonePress

ReactivateBaseClass ()

File "/private/var/mobile/Applications/C8ACF142-3FFF-4F6C-AC8B-14A04B3663E6/GemRB.app/GUIScripts/LevelUp.py", line 717, in ReactivateBaseClass

if not GameRB.HasResource(SpellTables[0], RES_2DA):

NameError: global name 'GameRB' is not defined

Levels: 4 / 3 / 0

Quoten your own answer ? lol

edit : nvm.... there is more text now in the message.... odd

Hello. I have been stalking these forums for a couple of days now, following the jailbreak of my Ipad2 with greenpoisons 5.0.1 break. I have managed to install both BG1 and 2 correctly (I have the GoG versions, so I had the same problems with pathing as the others earlier in this thread; thanks for the solution!). However, after having tweaked the .cfg file for BG1, I have come to the conclusion that any resolution other than 600x480 will result in the horizontal and vertical menus in the game to get out of line.

I do not necessarily want a higher resolution (while that would be sweet!), but rather a full screen image of the game. Currently, the 600x480 screen is centered in the middle of the Ipad screen, leaving a lot of unused space around it. Fullscreen is toggled in the .cfg file (#Fullscreen [boolean]Fullscreen=1). Could this be fixed with the widescreen mod I see some people mention? I see that the previous replies are mentioning similar problems (or perhaps the same?) that I have, but I am not sure about how the widescreen mod works... if it would even help me.

So, in short: is it possible to increase the resolution of BG1 to anything above 600x480 while the menus in the game are still useable (the menus with the spells, attacks etc)? Or, if the resolution cannot be changed, can you force a complete fullscreen of the game, seeing as it is now centered with black areas around the small window?

Thanks in advance!

In older builds you had BG1 fullscreen but with the flashing part in it..

Now in the Latest built, it's showing it correctly. (All centered in 640x480)

you can use the Widescreen program to make it fullscreen.. and it works for the map etc.. but once you go in a building it's small again, until you walk

outside.

I played a lot with BG1, but can't get it fullscreen without the widescreen program.

Hope it helps somewhat.

To Syntax.. I assume Neverwinter nights is not build with the same engine ? that would be sweet :)

Going to install BG2 and IWD again with the latest built, and see what happens now.

Hello. I have been stalking these forums for a couple of days now, following the jailbreak of my Ipad2 with greenpoisons 5.0.1 break. I have managed to install both BG1 and 2 correctly (I have the GoG versions, so I had the same problems with pathing as the others earlier in this thread; thanks for the solution!). However, after having tweaked the .cfg file for BG1, I have come to the conclusion that any resolution other than 600x480 will result in the horizontal and vertical menus in the game to get out of line.

I do not necessarily want a higher resolution (while that would be sweet!), but rather a full screen image of the game. Currently, the 600x480 screen is centered in the middle of the Ipad screen, leaving a lot of unused space around it. Fullscreen is toggled in the .cfg file (#Fullscreen [boolean]Fullscreen=1). Could this be fixed with the widescreen mod I see some people mention? I see that the previous replies are mentioning similar problems (or perhaps the same?) that I have, but I am not sure about how the widescreen mod works... if it would even help me.

So, in short: is it possible to increase the resolution of BG1 to anything above 600x480 while the menus in the game are still useable (the menus with the spells, attacks etc)? Or, if the resolution cannot be changed, can you force a complete fullscreen of the game, seeing as it is now centered with black areas around the small window?

Thanks in advance!

iOS/iPad hardware dont support changing the screen resolution. The screen will always be 1024x768 no matter what. If you want full screen BG1 then you must use widescreen mod (this is a game data limitation and we have no control over it). once you have moded the data to 1024x768 then just change the resolution in the config. on iOS the fullscreen setting does nothing more than enable/disable the status bar.

No, NWN is not based on the Infinity Engine and is vastly different.

Thanks for the very quick replies! Is there a special procedure which you have to use in order to install the widescreen mod on the ipad? Should i install it on the computer first, setting it up so that it works with bg1 there first, then zip it. Or how does one install that mod on ios?

Thanks for the very quick replies! Is there a special procedure which you have to use in order to install the widescreen mod on the ipad? Should i install it on the computer first, setting it up so that it works with bg1 there first, then zip it. Or how does one install that mod on ios?

yes setup and test on computer first then just zip it send it to ipad install and then set the correct resolution in the config.

ok here it is.

With the latest built. 151

BG2. starts but after char. creation, you get the blue screen again.

IWD 1 does not start. getting dir error

both GOG versions.

IWD2 i had already installed. doesn't start at all.. will crash to springboard instantly

Archived