iOS port of GemRB (iPad/iPhone)

SyntaxError

i dont have time to look at the archiving / path stuff today. As a helpful hint so you dont waste your time trying new builds targeting other things you can look here to see what is new in the buildbot builds. also i will always post in here if a new build has new iOS goodies :)

i have submitted a patch for review that hopefully will fix the GOG missing data issue.

Oh ok... Thought you we're the maker of it :). anyways, thanks for the link, will look into that.

btw. everytime there is a new version, I don't need to reinstall the games right?

Just update the IPA in Itunes

Not sure if this is the place to ask this but I figured I'd give it a go. I have an iPad 2 running iOS 5.0.1 which I have jailbroken this evening. Everything seems to be OK, cydia apps etc install but when I transfer GemRB over using iTunes it copies and then says "GemRB failed to install" any ideas on how to sort this?
Search for and install Installous 4 and Appsync in Cydia. These usually allow iTunes to sync cracked apps over.

That seems to have done it.

Cheers

i dont have time to look at the archiving / path stuff today. As a helpful hint so you dont waste your time trying new builds targeting other things you can look here to see what is new in the buildbot builds. also i will always post in here if a new build has new iOS goodies :)

i have submitted a patch for review that hopefully will fix the GOG missing data issue.

Oh ok... Thought you we're the maker of it :). anyways, thanks for the link, will look into that.

btw. everytime there is a new version, I don't need to reinstall the games right?

Just update the IPA in Itunes

well gemrb has many authors... I am the sole author of the ios wrapper if thats what you mean.

no you dont need to reinstall the game data for new versions (tho it doesnt hurt). on that same point deleting and reinstalling gemrb would be beneficial if there were dangling data left in gemrbs library taking file space needlessly. there is currently no way to remove game data once installed other than this way so keep that in mind.

Has anyone tried running Icewind Dale II on GemRB? I runs great with one exception. The prologue video starts running for a second, and then it automatically skips, but once the proper game starts, the bottom half of the screen is still showing the prologue screen with rolling text and everything. Is there a change in the config file I can make to elect to not auto-skip the movies?

@lynx: thanks for your answer! I'll try some font's :)

@SyntaxError: as it seems to be normal I wont post pics. I dont even know hoy to take screenshots in iOS...

just press the lock button and the home button at the same time (don't hold it for long - thats a soft reset). Saves whatever is on your screen.

ok, I am going to change my statement.

The Paths are OK BUT

1. Why is it adding AND creating those folders based on a filename.

2. It does NOT set the FULL path, IF you have the game started in a sub folder. (In the ROOT does work)

3. For Ice Wind it has a CD2 and CD3 folder, which is not in the CFG anymore.

for IWD 1

GamePath = /var/mobile/Applications/8B1949AD-DFFB-4867-AB11-3DA2654CA4B8/Library/iwd/binkw32.dll/

for IWD 2 (how)

GamePath = /var/mobile/Applications/8B1949AD-DFFB-4867-AB11-3DA2654CA4B8/Library/how/3dfx.dll/

for BG1

GamePath = /var/mobile/Applications/8B1949AD-DFFB-4867-AB11-3DA2654CA4B8/Library/bg1/buldur.exe/

for BG2

GamePath = /var/mobile/Applications/8B1949AD-DFFB-4867-AB11-3DA2654CA4B8/Library/bg2/autorun.ini/

any word on how exactly to re-enable the in game movies to play? I tried deleting the skip intro movies line from the config file but they still skipped.

Had the same problem with this.. I went into the setup of the game, and changed it to full screen.. Exit the game and go back in..

Then it's working fine.

on the Other Hand

BG1 when I set it to fullscreen and hold 1 finger on the screen, everything flashes on my screen.

BG2 getting a blue screen, and quits with the 126 version.

Thanks for your previous help. Now I've managed to install the app and Icewind Dale.

My problem is now:

I'm not able to play in any other resolution than 640×480.

The user interface around the "map" seems to keep it's original location, so the game area overlaps it. I know it because sometimes I can see it (when I tap at those areas of the screen). Unfortunately I was not able to make a screenshot at that time.

(I've tried to mess with the cfg, but several different setting did nothing better)

fot%C3%B3.PNG

Edit: Oh, and as someone stated before. sometmes it's not able to play the proper music file. (I'm just saying it by my ear, I've got no other evidence for it.)

And finally I cought the moment when it appears for a part of a second.

it's set to 1024×768.

GUIEnhancements = 0

and I did not find a way I could install the widescreen mod for this game. It said it's not supported.

fot%C3%B3%20%281%29.PNG

Was the original IWD able to play in 1024x768?

If not, then you need to resize the resources by Widescreen mod.

[edit]

A better solution is to install heart of winter over it.

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure it was, but I'm gonna try it, and install HoW later this afternoon, and report =)

Archived