iOS port of GemRB (iPad/iPhone)

SyntaxError

Note sure if this is the right place, but want to install the Widescreen mod, and it's asking me if I want to

1. for the original Infinity system

2. for GEMrb

which one do I pick ? (For the GOG games)

Pick the 1st option. The 2nd is only for GemRB thats installed on the PC. I've had issues when I tried the second option and loaded it onto the iPad (namely a black border around the menu's instead of the standard brownish tile).

On a side note, if you want to play BG1, I highly recommend playing it via BGT (Baldur's Gate Trilogy) or similar multi-game mods. This gets around having to patch Baldur's gate I with the widescreen mod, amoung other things.

I used the latest IPA and now the file paths are a huge mess ??

Prev version

GamePath = /var/mobile/Applications/8B1949AD-DFFB-4867-AB11-3DA2654CA4B8/Library/how/Icewind Dale Complete/

Current version

GamePath = /var/mobile/Applications/8B1949AD-DFFB-4867-AB11-3DA2654CA4B8/Library/how/blink32.dll/

The whole "Icewnd Dale Complete" is missing and it put blink32.dll in the name,

Same as for the other titles

I used the latest IPA and now the file paths are a huge mess ??

Prev version

GamePath = /var/mobile/Applications/8B1949AD-DFFB-4867-AB11-3DA2654CA4B8/Library/how/Icewind Dale Complete/

Current version

GamePath = /var/mobile/Applications/8B1949AD-DFFB-4867-AB11-3DA2654CA4B8/Library/how/blink32.dll/

The whole "Icewnd Dale Complete" is missing and it put blink32.dll in the name,

Same as for the other titles

I'm skeptical you are using the newest version since others have reported success.

thoughts:

1. you tried to install more than 1 data set at a time (bad idea installer is not thread safe; you will get messed up paths and contaminated game data)

2. perhaps flattened archives aren't 100% yet. try installing with a root directory in your zip.

3. are you using a different archive format than basic zip?

also, Syntax, baldur.ini is just the name of the config for bg, iwd have icewind.ini and pst torment.ini.

good to know. tho i am attempting to implement this in the core so i hope that the core picks the correct ini title :)

I copied 4 files to the folder

Baldurs gate.bg1

Baldurs gate 2.bg2

etc.

If I unzip the zip file it creates the c:\Balgurs Gate\ folder with all the files in it. (on my PC)

all games are adding either autorun.inf or blink32.dll at the end in the cfg file.

Also now all the CD path's are gone now. Even though IWD needs a CD2 folder

used the 125 version last night.

and doing it 1 by one

Hi! I installed it a while ago, and installed Icewind Dale + HOW (spanish version) in my iPad2 and it seems to work pretty well!

Just one question. The game fits fullscreen when playing, but when I go to inventory or Diary, the window gets very small, like changing resolution to 800x600, and it's really a pain to read the diary with that size. Is it normal or there is any way to configure it to fit in the screen?

I tried it again and the same issue

for IWD 1

GamePath = /var/mobile/Applications/8B1949AD-DFFB-4867-AB11-3DA2654CA4B8/Library/iwd/binkw32.dll/

for IWD 2 (how)

GamePath = /var/mobile/Applications/8B1949AD-DFFB-4867-AB11-3DA2654CA4B8/Library/how/3dfx.dll/

for BG1

GamePath = /var/mobile/Applications/8B1949AD-DFFB-4867-AB11-3DA2654CA4B8/Library/bg1/buldur.exe/

for BG2

GamePath = /var/mobile/Applications/8B1949AD-DFFB-4867-AB11-3DA2654CA4B8/Library/bg2/autorun.ini/

i dont have time to look at the archiving / path stuff today. As a helpful hint so you dont waste your time trying new builds targeting other things you can look here to see what is new in the buildbot builds. also i will always post in here if a new build has new iOS goodies :)

i have submitted a patch for review that hopefully will fix the GOG missing data issue.

Hi! I installed it a while ago, and installed Icewind Dale + HOW (spanish version) in my iPad2 and it seems to work pretty well!

Just one question. The game fits fullscreen when playing, but when I go to inventory or Diary, the window gets very small, like changing resolution to 800x600, and it's really a pain to read the diary with that size. Is it normal or there is any way to configure it to fit in the screen?

can you screen shot it? i forget how to do screenshots on ios but its builtin.

Alphos2000: no, that's how it works. All the gui bits are fixed size, so only the game area is resizable, because it actually doesn't need to be resized, one just shows more of it. To patch the gui to stretch required a lot of effort from the widescreen mod authors.

However, you could use custom fonts to increase the size. Search for ttf on our wiki.

Not sure if this is the place to ask this but I figured I'd give it a go.

I have an iPad 2 running iOS 5.0.1 which I have jailbroken this evening. Everything seems to be OK, cydia apps etc install but when I transfer GemRB over using iTunes it copies and then says "GemRB failed to install" any ideas on how to sort this?

I've just tried redoing the jailbreak with a clean slate so so far I have a completely clean install of iOS with just the jailbreak installed.

Thanks.

Not sure if this is the place to ask this but I figured I'd give it a go.

I have an iPad 2 running iOS 5.0.1 which I have jailbroken this evening. Everything seems to be OK, cydia apps etc install but when I transfer GemRB over using iTunes it copies and then says "GemRB failed to install" any ideas on how to sort this?

Search for and install Installous 4 and Appsync in Cydia. These usually allow iTunes to sync cracked apps over.

Archived