iOS port of GemRB (iPad/iPhone)

SyntaxError

blue screen means it doesn't find the area files, so some data is missing, paths misconfigured.

Thanks.. Must have to do with all those weird paths.. Going to set it back to normal and try again.

Got rid of everything, since I had a hard time playing any of the games.

1. BG1 double screens when holding your finger on the screen.

2. I need to touch the NPC's about 1/4 of an inch lower on the screen in order to activate that person to talk to.

(Seems with all the games)

3. Having a hard time getting through doors etc, since they are not on the right spots

Unless I am missing something, any help is appriciated :)

@lynx: thanks for your answer! I'll try some font's :)

@SyntaxError: as it seems to be normal I wont post pics. I dont even know hoy to take screenshots in iOS...

just press the lock button and the home button at the same time (don't hold it for long - thats a soft reset). Saves whatever is on your screen.

Ouch, almost a year with my iPad and NOW I learn that XD

Ok, what I was talking about was if there is any way to resize the window in the diary to fit the whole screen.

Is see the game that way, wich is ok: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/Alphos2000/Varias/c80fd403.jpg

But diary is like that, and it's very small so I would like to resize it to fit the whole screen: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/Alphos2000/Varias/50141ca0.jpg

But lynx already answered there is no way to do that.

I'm sorry this has been such a PITA for so many of you. GemRB on iOS has been developed sans an actual iPad or even iPhone and I've only (until yesterday) had original disc versions (mac versions at that) of BG2+TOB for testing.

on the bright side I've been able to use the game.ini file to bypass the need for setting cd paths provided when you archive your data you dont rename the game directory. Flattened archives would just need to name the archive the same as the game folder was (case sensitive)

so hopefully soon bluescreens and messed up paths will be a thing of the past :)

dont give up; just be patient!

Is this a setting or is this something that cannot be fixed due to the emulator?

1. BG1 double screens when holding your finger on the screen. (The settings/inventory screen flickers through the screen)

2. I need to touch the NPC's about 1/4 of an inch lower on the screen in order to activate that person to talk to.

Is this a setting or is this something that cannot be fixed due to the emulator?

1. BG1 double screens when holding your finger on the screen. (The settings/inventory screen flickers through the screen)

I dont have BG1 installed to test. the touch offset I cannot reproduce using BG2; perhaps it is an issue with using non-native resolution tho. (what is 1/4 inch in cm? 0.5? :-P)

I dont have BG1 installed to test. the touch offset I cannot reproduce using BG2; perhaps it is an issue with using non-native resolution tho. (what is 1/4 inch in cm? 0.5? :-P)

it's probably about 4-5 mm . I know it doesn't sound much, but if you try to open doors etc, you keep pressing the heck out of it lol. And that was for all the versions I tried. except BG2.

Was the original IWD able to play in 1024x768?

If not, then you need to resize the resources by Widescreen mod.

[edit]

A better solution is to install heart of winter over it.

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure it was, but I'm gonna try it, and install HoW later this afternoon, and report =)

Cool, now the resolution is OK. Thanks a lot!

I've just installed Heart of Winter, and now it's working.

But a new problem just appeared :D

My team and some of the npcs are.. well... not visible... like ghosts.

They can do anything, but I can not see them.

Any ideas? :p

it's probably about 4-5 mm . I know it doesn't sound much, but if you try to open doors etc, you keep pressing the heck out of it lol

is it consistant regardless of game and resolution?

Was the original IWD able to play in 1024x768?

If not, then you need to resize the resources by Widescreen mod.

[edit]

A better solution is to install heart of winter over it.

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure it was, but I'm gonna try it, and install HoW later this afternoon, and report =)

you need to set gametype to HOW not IWD

you need to set gametype to HOW not IWD

Thanks a lot!

is it consistant regardless of game and resolution?

If I set in the cfg 640 x 480 or 800 x 600 then the screens are getting real tiny on my ipad2.

Also tried window mode in the setup of the game itself.

Unless there is another resolution / setting elsewhere that I don't know?

and yes, it's in BG1, IWD, IWD2 (Think I had this as well in BG2 when it was working before)

Now here is an interesting issue.

iwd-how - easthaven.

I was not able to resurrect my partymember in the temple.

But the with the same installation on pc was working fine.

I was not able to select my dead guy on the ios.

(I've solved the problem with iPhone browser by transfering my savegames, but it took a while.)

Syntax, are you using it on IOS4 ??

Since you mentiod that IOS5 is giving your problems...

I am on IOS5.01

The program starts in Portrait, and have to turn my screen, in order to read the text..

MAybe the problems I am having it because of IOS5 then ?? just wondering

after running in the ios 5 simulator i can say that a few things are broken under ios 5:

1. the orientation is screwed up which causes a black strip and cut off text area etc

2. install progress indicator is broken

3. i cannot edit configs directly within gemrb

aside from those wrapper issues gemrb seems to run the same on ios 5 except that on ios 5 the screen is centered when playing on a lower resolution instead of in the corner. and mouse input happes exactly where i click so there is no reproduce-able problem with the location of touch input yet. I need to try on a game that doesnt fill the screen entirely or perhaps try with the status bar enabled to see if that causes problems. Its late tho so i will perform these tests tomorrow.

Archived