iOS port of GemRB (iPad/iPhone)

SyntaxError

Yes I'm on an iphone 4s and its the games that are in portrait. I have tried 640x480 and 800x600.

Is there a way to force it to use landscape ?

see NOW i can do something. I havent tested on the iphone simulator in many months ill look into it no that somebody is actually using one.

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce this in the simulator using PST @ 640x480. Have you tried flipping to landscape before hitting play? I know the wrapper wont go into landscape, but perhaps if it is in landscape when SDL starts then it will start in landscape.

Yes I have tried that but it's still in portrait when game starts.

Touch controls isn't working in portrait for me. The arrow position is all messed up.

Is this normal or have I messed up somewhere ? Tried pst,iwd and bg2 and its the same with all.

This is my pst cfg:

#automatically generated configuration file

#####################################################

# GUI Parameters #

# #

# GemRB may enhance the GUI of the Infinity Engine #

# games (so far only in bg2) creating functionally #

# new buttons or scrollbars where they weren't #

# present in original games. It may improve its #

# usability, but is not quite compatible with #

# mods changing graphics and alignment in the *.chu #

# files (e.g. the buttons will appear in old #

# coordinates and may stop being clickable). #

# Enable all gui enhancements ? [boolean]

GUIEnhancements = 1

# CustomFontPath. [string]

# Path to the directory containing the fonts you wish to use.

# Edit fonts.2da to map your font to the IE ResRefs

#CustomFontPath = ../Library/Fonts/

# Debug #

# Do not play intro videos [boolean], useful for development

#SkipIntroVideos=1

# Draw Frames per Second info [boolean]

#DrawFPS=1

# Hide unexplored parts of a map

#FogOfWar=1

# Enable debug and cheat keystrokes, see docs/en/CheatKeys.txt

# full listing

#EnableCheatKeys=1

# Input Parameters #

#whether or not to use software keyboard on devices that support one

UseSoftKeyboard=1

#Adds a gutter around the screen for scrolling

#TouchScrollAreas=1

# Mouse Feedback #

# Hide mouse+tooltips = 0 #

# Show mouse = 1 #

# Show tooltips = 2 #

# Show mouse+tooltips = 3 #

# !!! DO NOT set this higher than 3 !!! #

# For a strictly touchscreen device we recommend

# Changing this to 0.

# Touch input (requires SDL 1.3+) will automatically

# toggle cursor visibility on finger up/down,

# effectively overriding the cursor visibility setting

MouseFeedback=0

# Touch Gesture Input Parameters #

# All "NumFing" settings must be > 1 and < 5 #

# NumFingScroll and NumFingKboard cannot be equal #

NumFingScroll=2

NumFingKboard=3

NumFingInfo=2

# Video Parameters #

#NOTE: SCREEN width and height can NOT be ARBITRARY without installing the

# widescreen mod: http://www.gibberlings3.net/widescreen/

#Resolutions supported by the original games (gemrb) are:

# * 640x480 (except in iwd2)

# * 800x600 (bg2, iwd:how, iwd2)

# * 1024x768 (bg2, iwd:how, iwd2)

# * 1280x1024 (bg2, iwd:how, iwd2)

#Bits per pixel [integer:16,32]

Bpp=32

#Fullscreen [boolean]

Fullscreen=1

# Delay before tooltips appear [milliseconds]

TooltipDelay=500

# Paths #

# these were automatically created when you installed

# this game

GameType = pst

GamePath = /var/mobile/Applications/9F803C18-A867-4247-860B-FA6CE8D718CB/Library/pst/2DAFiles.bif/Planescape - Torment/

CachePath = /var/mobile/Applications/9F803C18-A867-4247-860B-FA6CE8D718CB/Library/Caches/pst/

SavePath = /var/mobile/Applications/9F803C18-A867-4247-860B-FA6CE8D718CB/Library/saves/pst/

Width = 640

Height = 480

MouseFeedback = 0

Anything I can add to it that force it to landscape mode? Or fixes the position of the mouse arrow so I can access the whole game window,

Sorry for bugging you guys :) Just eager to get this to work.

BTW can i manually transfer my save to BG2 using ifunbox or something along those lines when i want to play BG2?

If the question is, if you can load your bg1 savegame into bg2 to continue playing, i think the answer is yes. Or at least, we'll fix any bugs that come up. Most of the savegame upgrade code is already there.

If something is missing, it is just guiscript or a few small tweaks in core.

Thanks, you guys are very efficient!

Another question, I can't seem to get the right click to work. There doesnt' seem to be any way to view the spells or weapon/armour info, which i thought was right-click on the pc. I can just about recall what my favourite spells are from memory!

Anything I can add to it that force it to landscape mode? Or fixes the position of the mouse arrow so I can access the whole game window,

Nothing in the config affects landscape if resolution doesnt. I'm unclear about what you mean about "fixing the mouse arrow"

Another question, I can't seem to get the right click to work. There doesnt' seem to be any way to view the spells or weapon/armour info, which i thought was right-click on the pc. I can just about recall what my favourite spells are from memory!

you havent given me any indication otherwise so i shall assume you aren't familiar with GemRB touch inputs.

Nothing in the config affects landscape if resolution doesnt. I'm unclear about what you mean about "fixing the mouse arrow"

you havent given me any indication otherwise so i shall assume you aren't familiar with GemRB touch inputs.

I can only access the top left corner of the screen. And the arrow isn't positioned where my finger is so in pst when you choose "new life" from the game menu my finger is at the bottom right of the iphone screen. Anything lower or to the right of that I can't get to. Is touch supposed to only work in landscape ? I wonder if this is an iphone 4S issue or if it's the same on iphone 4. Maby I should just buy an ipad :)

So here comes my next problem:

I had to upgrade to a newer version because of the previous levelup/dualclass issue. and here is my new problem:

When I try to run the game it suddenly exits.

iOS5

GemBR build 158

log:

2012-01-28 21:58:02.377 GemRB[8016:707] Beginning GemRB debug log.

2012-01-28 21:58:05.272 GemRB[8016:707] Using config file:/var/mobile/Applications/38C386F0-AFBB-4A16-A09C-A9814F18E173/Documents/iwdhow.how.cfg

GemRB Core Version v0.7.0-git Loading...

[Core]: Initializing the Event Manager...[Core]: Initializing Lists Dictionary...[Core]: Initializing Variables Dictionary...[OK]

[Config]: Trying to open /var/mobile/Applications/38C386F0-AFBB-4A16-A09C-A9814F18E173/Documents/iwdhow.how.cfg [Core]: Unable to create cache directory '/var/mobile/Applications/C8ACF142-3FFF-4F6C-AC8B-14A04B3663E6/Library/Caches/how'

EDIT:

The '/var/mobile/Applications/C8ACF142-3FFF-4F6C-AC8B-14A04B3663E6/Library/Caches/how'

does exist already. (I tried to delete it, but the same happens :D )

EDIT2:

EDIT1 is false

it seems like it's messed up because I just changed to the newer version and it still tryes to reach the old one: 38C386F0-AFBB-4A16-A09C-A9814F18E173 vs. C8ACF142-3FFF-4F6C-AC8B-14A04B3663E6

maybe the config?

gonna chechk it

EDIT3:

Yes it was the problem....

maybe a script can be written to change the old directory to the new one, when just updating. (I don't know if it's possible, just wandering)

PROBLEM SOLVED!

(though there seems to be some problem with the loading. gonna check it soon)

Sorry, I should have mentioned, I am doing a single finger hold which I think is the right gesture but it isn't right clicking.

@vep I had a similar problem with build 158, my savegames had somehow move to the multiplayer directory. try starting a multiplayer game and see if they are there. I just copied them

manually back to the standard savegame directory.

So here is the next real problem :D

I can not load any save games

iOS5

GemBR build 158

log: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19597145/GemRBios5_loadgameproblem.log

fix these:

[ResourceManager]: Invalid path given: /var/mobile/Applications/38C386F0-AFBB-4A16-A09C-A9814F18E173/Library/how/cache/CD1/data (CD1/data)

[ResourceManager]: Invalid path given: /var/mobile/Applications/38C386F0-AFBB-4A16-A09C-A9814F18E173/Library/how/cache/CD4/data (CD4/data)

[ResourceManager]: Invalid path given: /var/mobile/Applications/38C386F0-AFBB-4A16-A09C-A9814F18E173/Library/how/cache/CD5/data (CD5/data)

[ResourceManager]: Invalid path given: /var/mobile/Applications/38C386F0-AFBB-4A16-A09C-A9814F18E173/Library/how/cache/CD6/data (CD6/data)

Vep: how are you updating? when i update in the simulator it keeps the same sandbox id. I should just use relative paths so ill fix it either way.

Erilldor: I believe the touch problem is due to the touch plane being landscape while the drawing surface is portrait.

I updated by doubleclicking the new .ipa so the iTunes asked me if I wanted to change it, and I said "Change It".

Now I'm trying to completely reinstall the app. I think several things got messed up by this id change. I'm gonna report how it turned out.

EDIT: I've just seen your next post Syntax. unfortunately too late, but I will tell you how the fresh install does. (anyway, thanks! :) )

Sorry, I should have mentioned, I am doing a single finger hold which I think is the right gesture but it isn't right clicking.

@vep I had a similar problem with build 158, my savegames had somehow move to the multiplayer directory. try starting a multiplayer game and see if they are there. I just copied them

manually back to the standard savegame directory.

whoooaa. so there is a multiplayer directory? I haven't met with that, but anyway, thank you too! =)

Also I tried to replace the savegames with my backup on my computer, but it did not help : \

Oh, and there are 2 issues that I was not able to log.

When the game crashes my saves disappear that were created during the run that crashed (so the ones created since the last time I started the app, and the app was not closed since then).

Only autosave remains.

The other is when I try to close the app with multitasking gestures, It totally kills the ipad, and takes several buttonpress till I am able to close it. (it's not that annoying :) but I've noticed it)

That's all for today =)

Archived