iOS port of GemRB (iPad/iPhone)

SyntaxError

But the progress bar works now so it seems like it's updated. Is there anything in the cfg file I need to change other than gamepath?

could you please be more specific?

are you on an iphone? iphone config interface is supposed to be portrait

is it just the game that is in portrait? I would guess the resolution of the game is 640x480 and SDL is just picking the first orientation it finds that can fit 640x480.

Yes I'm on an iphone 4s and its the games that are in portrait. I have tried 640x480 and 800x600.

Is there a way to force it to use landscape ?

see NOW i can do something. I havent tested on the iphone simulator in many months ill look into it no that somebody is actually using one.

Yes I'm on an iphone 4s and its the games that are in portrait. I have tried 640x480 and 800x600.

Is there a way to force it to use landscape ?

see NOW i can do something. I havent tested on the iphone simulator in many months ill look into it no that somebody is actually using one.

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce this in the simulator using PST @ 640x480. Have you tried flipping to landscape before hitting play? I know the wrapper wont go into landscape, but perhaps if it is in landscape when SDL starts then it will start in landscape.

Text Editor / Progressbar...

Everything seems to work now, except the blue screen in BG2 due to the path issue...

Great job everyone :)

you may as well add 1 CD path to (path to sandbox)/Library/(gametype)/(install name)/data/Data (or whatever it is) to fix your blue screen problem. I'm not sure the fix will be live for awhile.

you mean

GamePath = /var/mobile/Applications/8B1949AD-DFFB-4867-AB11-3DA2654CA4B8/Library/bg2/

CD1 = /var/mobile/Applications/8B1949AD-DFFB-4867-AB11-3DA2654CA4B8/Library/bg2/

or

CD1 = /var/mobile/Applications/8B1949AD-DFFB-4867-AB11-3DA2654CA4B8/Library/bg2/data

Thanks for the help a couple of pages ago everyone. Turned out you were right, it was the intro movies that were causing my black screens. Disabling them meant that BG1 worked fine.

However, I thought i'd update to build 151 last night, and re-install bg1, however despite leaving it all night, the file never seemed to unzip. I can't tell what it's doing as theres nothing in the log, and the progress bar doesn't appear

maybe i'll go back to build 147/9 and see if that helps. It's the same zip file that worked under build 135 nothing changed about it

sounds like you are out of space? something HAS to be in the log if you attempt an install the very first line of that function logs something.

All working now, deleted a few apps, and installed build 158 (installation progress bar works too).

Only remaining bug is that i had to manually add /BG1/ to the end of the gamepath variable. Assuming its because i zipped C:\BG1\ instead of just zipping the contents. Either way, easy to fix.

Anyway thanks for all the help. I need to go and see why Gorion is acting so strangely now :)

BTW can i manually transfer my save to BG2 using ifunbox or something along those lines when i want to play BG2?

Only remaining bug is that i had to manually add /BG1/ to the end of the gamepath variable. Assuming its because i zipped C:\BG1\ instead of just zipping the contents. Either way, easy to fix.

Both types of zip are going to be supported.

BTW can i manually transfer my save to BG2 using ifunbox or something along those lines when i want to play BG2?

yes. saves are located in the sandbox/Library/saves/gametype/savetype

If the question is, if you can load your bg1 savegame into bg2 to continue playing, i think the answer is yes. Or at least, we'll fix any bugs that come up. Most of the savegame upgrade code is already there.

If something is missing, it is just guiscript or a few small tweaks in core.

Archived