Colors!

theacefes

I looked over the color list in IESDP but I know from experience that not all of them are reliable.

Does anyone know where I can find a list of colors specific to hair, skin, major, and minor colors similar to what you find during the character creation? I know only a selection of the available gradients are actually used.

Thanks, but that's pretty much what IESDP offers. I guess what I'm searching for is any existing list of colors that players encounter when they build their own character when starting a new game.

Non-Lazy Ace could boot up the game and look herself...but where's the fun in that if it already exists?

Most of the colours BG2 uses on NPCs are in randcolr.2da, with respect to skin, hair, etc. That may not have everything the player sees when starting a new game - that info is probably hardcoded somewhere. 1PP's palette extender might have more documentation on that. As for the gradients, the IESDP should have a fairly accurate representation, but you don't always know which side of the scale the colour will actually show up as in-game. Light silver, for example, could appear as anything from white to black in theory.

Archived