Installing questions

Acleacius

Thanks for this great site, forum and mod work!

(Not sure what I'm doing wrong, tried to add a Thumbsup here but it just kept showing up as a blank icon.)

Starting the install process. I've completed the EasyTutu install, then did EasyTutuFix (didn't realize I should add WeiDU Update first as I was working from the EasyTutu page) Now I see there is a suggestion to add WeiDU Update Preparation. I've tried to go to the link read the page but WeiDU link doesn't seem to be working.

Is there a new version or has it been discontinued?

Thanks for any help. :)

Edit: Dogged and relentless, I found the new version 231 ! ;)

Here's hoping the same instructions apply.

I renamed the WeiDU.exe to WeiDU v231 setup.exe per my understanding of the instructions in "Tutu Mod Compatibility and Order of Install" thread.

Is it correct I don't install the actual WeiDU, but just move the exe to my BGTutu install directory and rename it?

Is it correct I don't install the actual WeiDU, but just move the exe to my BGTutu install directory and rename it?
Yes.

You should also be proud for not including the additional or alternative into your sentence as the yes/no answerr would have been totally non understadable.

You don't nessasary need to rename it either, as the other setup-modname.exe's will autoupdate themselves to the latest version...

Thanks Jarno Mikkola.

I'm having a bit more trouble (heh) I'm trying to install Pick of the Litter. It's actually after completing all the other installations, since it mentioned it didn't have any compatibility issues due to installing to /portraits. Yet it doesn't seem to be working, when I try to start a new game, none of the included portraits are showing up during creation. I see them installed correctly in the /portraits folder and can click on them to view the 3 different pics for each character.

I'm considering adding them to /override since most of these are new PC portraits. Any ideas?

Edit: Resolved the Portrait issues.

Thanks for any tips. :)

Edit: Is there any way to turn down the Music in the game, damn it's loud?

Trying to get Portrait replacements working, with no luck. I did a *.bmp search of Override, to make sure there were no current portrait replacements installed with the mods I added. Then installed NMBeauty can see they installed correctly but when I walk up to Imoen she still has the old portrait. Not sure it matters but, I had not met her previously. I had started the level and was standing outside the gate near Hull.

Any suggestions on what might be causing the replacement portraits to not show up on the UI during dialog?

Thanks for any tips. :)

Also, is there a way to disable the start up movies?
Use the component from MixMod or this.

That thread was hilarious. Three pages of nay-saying on a optional convenience component :D

I can't really find MixMod Miloch, is it on SHS (and they're down now..)?

A related find I did just the other day is the fact that on a GOG.com install (I think Atari Master Collection = GOG version) the Baldur.ini is slightly different. There you have these options:

[MOVIES]
BISLOGO=1
BWDRAGON=1
WOTC=1
INTRO15F=1
INTRO=1
RESTCAMP=1
BGINTRO=1
RESTINN=1
DEATHAND=1

Sadly however, changing a movie to =0 doesn't actually work - it will revert back to =1 after a game starts (if you write protect the .ini it will still not work, but it wont revert back). Now for the really weird part, in my IWD-in-BG2 install, these options actually work. So I've put three zeroes on the first three movies and it goes instantly to the start screen! It's bliss, and I'd like it on my BG(T) install also...

That thread was hilarious. Three pages of nay-saying on a optional convenience component :D
Heh. Ah, the good old days.
I can't really find MixMod Miloch, is it on SHS (and they're down now..)?
It's on IEGMC.
So I've put three zeroes on the first three movies and it goes instantly to the start screen! It's bliss, and I'd like it on my BG(T) install also...
Dunno why it works for IWDinBG2, maybe has to do with the conversion. To disable the startup movies in the BG2 engine normally, you basically need to write a bogus movie biff, which is what the Disable Startup Movies component does.

Archived