Bugs/Issues & Hotfixes for SR V3.1 (June 25th 2013)

Demivrgvs

Demi, change CLCK17.ITM Casting level bonus from PRIEST 1 to WIZARD 0. It's the Robe of Arcane Might. :)

Edit: Another problem i found is polymorphing can be interrupted. Changing the casting speed in the different shapeshift spells like SPWI416.SPL (Shapeshift Flind) from one to zero could fix this, right? Oh, and if someone thinks shapeshifting should be interruptable, it additionaly results in a bug where the expected form is not available anymore.

Demi, change CLCK17.ITM Casting level bonus from PRIEST 1 to WIZARD 0. It's the Robe of Arcane Might. :)

LOL, will fix asap.

Edit: Another problem i found is polymorphing can be interrupted. Changing the casting speed in the different shapeshift spells like SPWI416.SPL (Shapeshift Flind) from one to zero could fix this, right? Oh, and if someone thinks shapeshifting should be interruptable, it additionaly results in a bug where the expected form is not available anymore.
Mmm...I could do that, or I could flag those sub-spells as "innate".

I'll find some time for SR and IR hotfixes tomorrow morning.

The level 5 priest spell "Greater Command" (SPPR512) keeps causing Cowled Wizards to appear in my game. Took a look at it, and it looks like its sub-spells, (SPPR512A-I), are all marked as wizard spells. Changed them to cleric, and it appears to have fixed it.

(edit) Thanks, Incantatar, for pointing that out. Using them currently on my conjurer-cleric, (relatively early in the game), and was thinking of moving them over to my sorceress...fixed on my end, at least. :)

I'll upload new hotfixes within an 20-30 minutes including:

- fixed Haste not granting +1 to thac0, AC and saves vs. breath as advertised

- fixed Greater Command causing Cowled Wizards to appear

- Polymorph Self's shapeshift abilities flagged as "non magical"

@Incantatar, let me know if the tweak to shapeshifting forms make them non interruptable as I hope.

Regarding IR's Robe of Arcane Might I don't understand, it was already fine in my game...sounds like something I fixed ages ago and forgot to upload. Anyway, IR's horfixes incoming too.

Edit: hotfixes uploaded.

Is there any particular reason why a Disintegrate spell wouldn't do anything at all to a full health troll? (De'Arnise Keep - used it on one of the servants before he was murdered by the troll and it seemed to work fine - use it on the troll itself and it does nothing - no damage, no save message, no graphic effect, etc.).

Thanks, Demi. :)

(edit) The Shapeshifting tweak you did is actually called "No failure" in DLTCEP...but I'm guessing that that's the functional description instead of the technical. :D

Interesting...I don't use DLTCEP and thus I wasn't aware on that. Well, at least that sounds like the flag is going to perform how we wished. ;)

Is there any particular reason why a Disintegrate spell wouldn't do anything at all to a full health troll? (De'Arnise Keep - used it on one of the servants before he was murdered by the troll and it seemed to work fine - use it on the troll itself and it does nothing - no damage, no save message, no graphic effect, etc.).
I have no clue. Probably something weird with troll's cre itself considering the spell has always worked fine. Can you try it again?

To be clear: I tried multiple times. Cast a Stoneskin on myself and cast it four times in consecutive order. The troll never saved, but never displayed any effects from it, either. In retrospect, I probably should've tried casting it on some other trolls before I slaughtered the rest of them in De'Arnise Keep...I'll report back once I hit the Druid Grove's Troll Lair. :D

Not a bug, but perhaps an oversight: Improved Haste is quoted as having three major differences between the it and regular haste: double APR instead of just +1, no fatigue after the spell ends, and the fact that it only affects on creature per casting...none of which covers its lack of a bonus to THAC0/AC/breath saving throws that the 4th level spell has. Probably something that should be mentioned. :)

Not a bug, but perhaps an oversight: Improved Haste is quoted as having three major differences between the it and regular haste: double APR instead of just +1, no fatigue after the spell ends, and the fact that it only affects on creature per casting...none of which covers its lack of a bonus to THAC0/AC/breath saving throws that the 4th level spell has. Probably something that should be mentioned. :)
You're right. I kept it into account for this. ;)

Is Lower Resistance actually functional? Any time I've used it against enemies, it seems to have done squat...cast it 6 times against the Adamantine Golem in Firkraag's dungeon, and still couldn't get any magic missiles through, (gives the magic resistance message). Same with the Iron Golem in the De'Arnise keep. No "spell ineffective" messages, so it's hard to say if it's working or not...

(edit) Hmm. Supposedly, there should be an animation playing (SPATTCK1) upon the spell projectile hitting the target. Never have had that happen...odd. Are golems just immune to the effect entirely?

Disintegrate

Update on Disintegrate: tried it on the Troll Cook in Windspear Hills. Still no effects. Have not run into any [type of] creatures which are similarly unaffected, (well, any that should've been, anyways...).
Oook, sadness. I've found out that at least a few vanilla's trolls have Protection from Spell (206) against Disintegration spell within their cre files. They probably had issues with vanilla's disintegrate opcode not working well with troll's behaviour at 0 hp, and they used the cheapest way to fix it (immunity to opcode rather than spell would have been better). :(

Lower Resistance

Is Lower Resistance actually functional? Any time I've used it against enemies, it seems to have done squat...cast it 6 times against the Adamantine Golem in Firkraag's dungeon, and still couldn't get any magic missiles through, (gives the magic resistance message). Same with the Iron Golem in the De'Arnise keep. No "spell ineffective" messages, so it's hard to say if it's working or not...

Are golems just immune to the effect entirely?

You got it. LR doesn't work against golems. With SCS installed (I don't remember which component), this is the intended behaviour of Lower Resistance. :) Within PnP, golems don't have "magic resistance", they are simply immune to it (with few exceptions), and you're not supposed to make them vulnerable with a LR spell.

Archived