[IWD1:TotLM] - Alignment() trigger issues

aVENGER_(RR)

It seems that scripts containing the Alignment() trigger won't compile properly neither with Near Infinity nor with WeiDU in IWD1:TotLM. I found an old post by Blucher which clarifies the issue and offers a fix.

In IWD' date=' any Alignment(O:Object*,I:Alignment*Align) checks cause the .baf compiler to choke. This is because IWD lacks an "alignment.ids" file. It has an "align.ids" and an "alignmen.ids" file. This is not a WeiDU error, it's an error in the .ids files. Solution: rename align/alignmen.ids to "alignment.ids" or change the "trigger.ids" entry.[/quote']

It might be useful to note this in the IESDP. For reference, the fix can be implemented as follows:

// Fix the Alignment() entry in TRIGGER.IDS

ACTION_IF GAME_IS totlm BEGIN
 COPY_EXISTING ~trigger.ids~ ~override~
   REPLACE_TEXTUALLY EXACT_MATCH ~Alignment(O:Object*,I:Alignment*Alignment)~ ~Alignment(O:Object*,I:Alignment*Align)~
 BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES
END

On a side note, it seems that the Class() trigger in TotLM doesn't work with these:

202 MAGE_ALL
203 FIGHTER_ALL
204 CLERIC_ALL
205 THIEF_ALL
206 BARD_ALL
207 PALADIN_ALL
208 DRUID_ALL
209 RANGER_ALL

I can't get this simple script block to work on a single-class cleric partymember:

IF
Class(Myself,CLERIC_ALL)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	FloatMessage(Myself,820) // Cleric
END

The reason (class)_ALL doesn't work is there are no kits in IWD1.

It should still be applicable for multi-classes i.e. FIGHTER_ALL should catch FIGHTER, FIGHTER_MAGE, FIGHTER_CLERIC, FIGHTER_MAGE_CLERIC, FIGHTER_MAGE_THIEF, FIGHTER_DRUID and FIGHTER_THIEF as it does in BG2.

However, that doesn't work. Even though the (class)_ALL entries are properly listed in TotLM's CLASS.IDS the Class() trigger won't recognize them for some reason.

Yeah, known.

BIS went their own route with the *Ex() triggers (you'd almost always just use ClassEx() in an IWD game), and they never bothered using the symbols for alignment (it should work if you use the numeric values, like they often did).

Archived