7.13 Run Through

I likewise retried both the Burial Isle and the Barrows. With ambients off the game ran fine.

@ TOllas - Are you sure Seth just stood there? For me, and I tried it twice to make sure, he moved toward my characters instead of back to the "garden". After several seconds (up to ten) he vanished. And 27 thieves? I agree the count sounds a bit high. When you check out the palace, let me know if those thieves are still there.

And as a side note, a barbarian is nice here. The backstabs all failed against my character...

Yeah, I'm 100% sure that Seth didn't move he just stood there. But maybe if I had waited a bit longer he would have vanished. Can't be sure about that, but I'll check later if I have any saves close that point and try it again if I do.

And yes, there was still thieves in palace. Not that many on 1st floor, but about dozen on 2nd.

What saved me from those thiefs was true sight, they never had a chance.

Edit. Gloomfrost done... next barbarian camp fight. Still zero crashes in this playthrough.

Edit3...or4. Removed useless guesses.

Retried the Seth part few times and the same things happen every single time.

He just stands there doing nothing after the talk, but he does vanish if I wait long enough (more than 5secs but less than 10).

Also every single time it's 27 thieves that attack.

edit. Oh...and Barbarian camp fight worked just fine. Even Hjollder was kind enough to have yet another hammer to steal...

Before moving on to the TotL part, I noticed these things.

More gloves cavaliers can't use.

Gauntlets of weapon expertise and gauntlets of ogre power. I also got one wrong in my earlier posts, he can't use bracers ac8 either...

So I think it's safe to say that cavaliers can't use any gloves.

Most short swords have weapon proficiency: small sword in their description.

and the TotL part...

NE-tower chests.

When I searched for traps they all looked like they are trapped. Then I started opening them and all but the one with the scroll triggered.

So this time it worked perfectly for me.

Inside the castle.

Just the old thing with disappearing stalkers in the rakshasa fight and castle lvl 2 guards.

Those are the only 2 fights in the whole game where I've seen the stupid IWD difficulty-level scripting in action.

If it happens somewhere else, you don't notice it in game.

In the final battle there was no replacement spectral heroes for me either. I could remember wrong, but I think there was when I tried 7.11.

Sea of moving ice next...

Finished HoW.

Hate to say it, but the crash free game ended to the sahuagin temple.

ASSERTION FAILED! Return Address: 0x9FFB75 File: ChVidImage3d.cpp Line: 899 Expression: FALSE Message: CVidCell::FXRender3dSetPalette: LoadFrame() failed

For me that only happened once, but the error message looked familiar, so I checked my old posts and found this from my first playthrough (v7.10).

Game crashed while fighting with Icasaracht.

ASSERTION FAILED! Return Address: 0x9FFB75 File: ChVidImage3d.cpp Line: 899 Expression: FALSE Message: CVidCell::FXRender3dSetPalette: LoadFrame() failed

That only happened once and I tried 4 or 5 more times.

That made me think it has something to do with the Sahuagins... or not.

Other than that...

Only the things with ice golems and water elementals that Grogerson already reported.

Finished the game...

In the first Malavon battle I noticed that the haste spell he casts also gave haste for my party. That made me test the spell bit more and no matter who casts it, it always works on everyone in range.

Tried to rest in ar8001. Got interrupted by salamanders.

During the battle I got this message few times...

Salamander- Sleep outside in these parts, friend, and you'll die of exposure. Better find an inn if you want to rest.

At least they're polite and smart enough to know that they're not going to kill me...

That is it.

So, from start to finish only 1 ctd and some minor things. The most annoying being the thing with stoneskin... No idea how I havn't noticed that before.

1)playing as a wildmage i don have and additional spell each level!!!!!!

2) and each time i cast a spell my level should get a modificator from -5 to +5, it works only in 25% of casts.

3)theres only a couple effects of wild magic

Erhm, this is originally the grogerson's testing thread which includes his weidu.log's content etc, you might be more efficient if you made your own so we can at least eliminate a few things...

Archived