Item Revisions for BG:EE?

leania

Firstly, I thought that the following screenshot shows that Spear doesn't achieve STR bonus correctly. However, the THAC0 is correct (+1 bonus at 18 STR) so I noticed that the description of To Hit was wrong. I'm not sure which mod cause this problem. It may be a bug of BG:EE inself, either.

F9HU5v4.jpg

This is the last screenshot; Imoen can use any Arcane spell scrolls. In fact, I don't think this cause some balance issue though. Thieves should have limited usability of scrolls imo. However, as far as I know any mod what I installed must not touch such change now... So that's why I reported this.

O1jIofp.jpg

I've noticed that several item descriptions, especially the usability of kits/classes, were repeatedly shown.
The usability block is auto-generated by BGEE engine, so the problem lies with mods that do not remove it from their descriptions when installing on BGEE.

This is the last screenshot; Imoen can use any Arcane spell scrolls. In fact, I don't think this cause some balance issue though. Thieves should have limited usability of scrolls imo. However, as far as I know any mod what I installed must not touch such change now... So that's why I reported this.
What version of BGEE do you play? Your screenshot shows the <ITEMCOST> bug, that I think I had seen too in earlier versions, but that's been fixed since, along with some usability issues.

Well, I'll be damned if I know then.

If there is no WeiDU.exe file in your game directory, copy and rename any of the setup-***.exe's.

Now, make a new .txt file in your game folder, rename is extension to .bat, copypaste in there the following, and then run.

weidu --log nul --change-log helm01.itm  --out helmet.txt
weidu --log nul --change-log chan04.itm  --out splintmail.txt
weidu --log nul --change-log scrl89.itm  --out horror.txt

Post the contents of the resulting 'helmet', 'splintmail' and 'horror' files.

I made a "setup-a.exe" file by renaming the one of weidu execution file and a "setup-a.bat" by opening txt file as you mentioned. Of course, I copied and pasted what you described.

When I execute the setup-a.exe file, however, showed ERROR message as below.

** ERROR ** [sETUP-A.TP2] not found.

I guess **.tp2 file is also required for testing what you said... How do I make this file?

I guess **.tp2 file is also required for testing what you said... How do I make this file?
No, it need to be names as "weidu.exe" not "setup-a.exe" ... as the .bat actually gives orders to it in:

weidu --*do this do that to this item and output it here...*

The *..* being the simplified explanation. More on the --change-log'ging.

No, it need to be names as "weidu.exe" not "setup-a.exe" ... as the .bat actually gives orders to it in:

weidu --*do this do that to this item and output it here...*

The *..* being the simplified explanation. More on the --change-log'ging.

Ah, thank you for the reply. I misunderstood about what Ardanis mentioned. Now I got the execution results as below:

1. Splint mail.txt

Mods affecting CHAN04.ITM:

00000: ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ 0 9 // Allow Thieving Skills in Armor -> Stealth is Penalized by Armor: V3 Beta 1.13

00001: ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ 0 1050 // Revised Armor Bonuses: V3 Beta 1.13

00002: ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ 0 16 // PnP Equipment for Druids -> Druids and Fighter/Druids: V3 Beta 1.13

00003: ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ 0 20 // Backstabbing Penalties for Inappropriate Weapons -> All Melee and Ranged Weapons Usable For Backstabbing: V3 Beta 1.13

00004: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ 0 120 // Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or

Armor (Galactygon): v11

2. horror.txt

Mods affecting SCRL89.ITM:

00000: ~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ 0 0 // Spell Revisions: v3.1 (Hotfix 01)

00001: ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ 0 20 // Backstabbing Penalties for Inappropriate Weapons -> All Melee and Ranged Weapons Usable For Backstabbing: V3 Beta 1.13

3. Helmet.txt

Mods affecting HELM01.ITM:

00000: ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ 0 20 // Backstabbing Penalties for Inappropriate Weapons -> All Melee and Ranged Weapons Usable For Backstabbing: V3 Beta 1.13

So... the results show that "Backstabbing Penalties for Inappropriate Weapons -> All Melee and Ranged Weapons Usable For Backstabbing: V3 Beta 1.13" component made these problems l guess. Should I test myself again after removing this component?

Cheers, the problem's located to the backstabbing component. Thanks for your patience, I should have remembered it would tinker with the usability flags in the absence of ToBEx. Due to an oversight on my part, the flag is enabled even if the item in question is no weapon.

After removing the component, it seems that restrictions of equipment work well.

The repeated item description however still remain (and I found that the item description sometimes wrongly showed, e.g., Gorion's will (scroll), even if the item should describe nothing about the restrictions).

Furthremore, some item seems to having wrong restriction. For instance, Wand of Magic Missile should be allowed to Thieves when the character has more than 9 INT with IR. But my thief (the character has modded kit though) could not use the wand.

I tried to check it out myself by modifying Weidu.bat file, i.e., input Gorion's Scroll, SCRL3Z.itm on the .bat file, and finally I noticed that no mod modifies the source...

And all of the wands also didn't have any mod list affecting each wand**.itm. But these should be affected by IR because I installed "Thieves Can Use Wands: V3 Beta 1.13" component. Only the item descriptions were modified (but these still incorrectly showed, i.e., repeated description).

Archived