Version 22(BETA) of Sword Coast Stratagems released

DavidW

Version 22 (BETA) of Sword Coast Stratagems is now out. For the moment, the download is here

V22 is a fairly major change. It combines SCS and SCSII into a single mod, adds BG:EE compatibility, and rewrites the whole codebase from scratch. For that reason, it's released as an open beta, and I mean the beta label fairly seriously: I'm quite sure I've broken something in this process. If you value stability above all else, stick with v21 of SCS and SCSII. That said, I think it's reasonably robust (and of course, if you're on BG:EE you don't have much choice!)

Edit: I should have noted in the original post that there are limitations with the translations in this version. There's now a separate post about this.

Here's the full changelog:

•Unified SCS and SCSII into combined version

•Complete recoding of the mod from the ground up (desperately needed to make it half-way maintainable after eight years of unplanned development) using a "functional" coding style intended to work at a much higher level of abstraction

•Compatibility with the Enhanced Edition of BG

•New automated install program

•Streamlining of the component structure: some smaller options are now moved out to the .ini file and some components are merged. (I think no actual customisation options have been lost, but the previous structure was a bit forbidding for new users.)

•Systematic restructuring of "improved general AI" component to rebuild creatures' choices of proficiency, HLAs, and kit-provided abilities, from scratch

•Reorganising of general AI scripts to be more adapted to the particular creature's weapons (this means more scripts, but shorter scripts; hopefully this reduces lag.

•Substantial expansion in the number of kitted creatures

•Clay golems now cause cursed wounds (a la PnP)

•Deprecated "Improved Irenicus in Hell" (I coded it as a favour to someone ages ago, but I don't really feel its flavour meshes with SCS. Squeal if you want it reinstated.)

•Deprecated "Improved final battle in [bG1] chapter 6". (I've never really been happy with it.)

•Rewrote the Doppleganger component, removing the non-PnP ability boosts and standardising doppleganger abilities.

•Too many small tweaks, bugfixes, optimisations and consistency adjustments to keep track of

A full readme is here.

For the moment at least, please post v22 bugs and feedback in the Sword Coast Stratagems thread, not the SCSII thread.

Thank you very much for this new release, DavidW! :)

I think you've hit a milestone here with version 22. I particularly appreciate the AI customization via stratagems.ini and override files!

I am not too sad to see the "Improved final battle in chapter 6" gone but I'd really appreciate your removing those silly traps from the map.

I think you've hit a milestone here with version 22. I particularly appreciate the AI customization via stratagems.ini and override files!

I am not too sad to see the "Improved final battle in chapter 6" gone but I'd really appreciate your removing those silly traps from the map.

Which traps?

Which traps?

My bad, I thought we were speaking of BG1's last battle against Sarevok and friends.

Please, please say v.22 and forward will still have Mac-friendly versions (including PPC Macs)...and be installable in a ToB installation (without TuTu/BGT/BG:EE)...please?

It'll have a mac-friendly version assuming the most recent Mac version of WEIDU can run anything in my WEIDU code (which I'm fairly certain it can). It can definitely run on ToB. (I think my official description is "a mod for BG2, BG1TUTU, BGT and BG:EE).

Thanks for that release, testing it already on BG:EE.

Is this the place to report found bugs or should I open a new thread?

Anyway I think there is an issue with the install of chapter 5 end battle component but I can't pinpoint it because of all the functions used and I gave up researching all of them ^^ DW#C52.CRE ends up with no new name (so its name remains Alatos whatever - who is the thief guildmaster) and no script so he just stands there. Also both added CREs have an experience value of 2001 which seems odd but harmless.

Thanks for that release, testing it already on BG:EE.

Is this the place to report found bugs or should I open a new thread?

New thread might be better, but it doesn't really matter.

Anyway I think there is an issue with the install of chapter 5 end battle component but I can't pinpoint it because of all the functions used and I gave up researching all of them ^^ DW#C52.CRE ends up with no new name (so its name remains Alatos whatever - who is the thief guildmaster) and no script so he just stands there.

The patch isn't being implemented. Underneath the second MAKE_PATCH in tactical_bg1/c5end.tpa, there needs to be a

LAF edit_creature STR_VAR creature=dw#c52 END

Fixed in the download link.

Noticed that in candlekeep after elvenbeard told me to get the scroll from tethoril, tethoril never talked to me about the scroll, so I was unable to finish this quest. I did not install the skip tutorial/candlekeep part of SCS. This is with latest BGEE patch (2014) and SCS installed. Not sure which one is making it do this bug.<br />

EDIT: Apparently both of these things were due to the new BGEE patch....hahahahha: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/16308/firebeads-quest-thethoril-will-not-give-the-scroll#latest

Also, I am having to click several times for characters to do a certain action (enter building, talk to someone), again not sure if because of new patch or SCS.

EDIT: that last comment seems to be a aBGEE 2014 patch issue: http://forum.baldurs...-and-containers

Archived