Creature Type ( list ? )

Callirgos

Hi. s there a list of known Creature Types #s for IWDII?

From looking through all the items I know Skeletal Undead is 1.

I thought about looking at the Rangers Favored Enemy to figure this out, but it's not a .SPL and I haven't been able to find it.

If there isn't a list somewhere, would anyone be able to tell me the Creature Type # for Orcs?

It would be great if you could use arbitrary values (like race type), but no, iwd2 designers just love hardcoding the funny part (keep it to themselves).

Luckily, they also love orcs, so you can use #65 for orcs, where #1 is for undead.

You can see the full list of possibilities at the description of effect 206 or 290 (in iesdp or dltcep).

In IWDII a + To Hit vs. a specific creature is called "bane" in the descriptions. It usually comes with an additional extra damage effect.

However, while I can see ( and understand ) the damage effect perfectly well, I can't find the To Hit bonus effect on any of the example items.

ZZM6UC.itm

ZZR6WB.itm

ZZZ6BS.itm

Where is the "To Hit" bonus on these items?

Please see my note above

I've noticed that IWDII doesn't have eff files like BGII. My goal is to make bracers with + 1 vs orcs.

I can make a spell that activates on the user giving +1 to hit. I believe I can make this spell activate when Present Target is Orc (63).

But how can I make the bonus last only during combat? Will it keep stacking each round? I can't find much information on this. Is timing mode the key?

The example items ( see above ) don't have an effect to + To Hit vs. but they do give the bonuses. I tested this with Winged Blight.

Any ideas if this can be done?

The goblin slaying dagger +2 is exactly the same as a normal dagger in Near Infinity. All the To Hit weapons start with ZZ in there resref... I can't believe it but it looks like they hard coded 8 items. How else could the bonuses actually be working? A 2da config file?

I've done a lot if testing on this now.

Even using existing spell effects like EFFUHC1.spl does nothing when attached to an Add Effects List (402) effect on anything but a weapon.... How does it know its a weapon or not? Because the effect isn't attached to a weapons item ability? That's the only difference.

At this point I'd settle for +1 damage vs, Orcs but I can't make it work on anything other than a weapon.

Ok, i think #179 (0x0B3)Spell Effect: Damage vs. Creature Type Modifier [179] still works.

I see no reason it couldn't work. It uses the old style ids targeting (so you can use the original race value).

I tested and 0xb3 works. The old trick of using external effects still need to be done, since the damage amount is in parameter 3.

amuletvsorcs.zip

OMG, I thought this was going to be +1 to hit! I laughed so hard when my test character chunked the Orc at 105 damage!

Thanks! It looks line you've used " unknown " entries in various fields. Obviously they are known to you. Will there be an update for near infinity some day?

Any advise for understanding what you did better? And could this be used for a + to hit?

Thanks! It looks line you've used " unknown " entries in various fields. Obviously they are known to you. Will there be an update for near infinity some day?
Erhm, which version of NearInfinity are you exactly using, the newest the community has is the Wisp's w1.2.0 ...

It won't be a wonder if none of the above help had gotten you anywhere without a recent version of the proper editor...

Without you telling me which field you consider unknown, i can't really help with that. The 100 is in a field named 'parameter 3'. The field is entirely documented in IESDP/DLTCEP and probably the NI mentioned above (dunno, it was more than 5 years i've last seen NI).

0xb2 is the selective thac0 bonus BAB effect, it should work just like 0xb3.

Archived