SR, IR and KR for BG2:EE?

janoha

Hey there guys.

First of all many thanks to the lot of you, who put so much work into making these vast improvements on the game that I love :)

On that note, however, what is the prospect for these mods working in BG2:EE ?

Do you have any prognosis or idea of what is required to get them working?

Thank you for your time.

Yes, the next releases of IR and SR will be compatible with BGEE.

IR: a new release is pretty much around the corner, and it will surely be out before BGEE2. After that I'll probably have to re-release some sort of update to handle all the new BGEE stuff. The first "enhanced" BG did not provided the new items with their own icons and decent backgrounds (I already have internal versions of them just waiting for icons and lores), and even if BGEE2 might do so, I currently have no clue what they are doing (surely a better job considering Arda and aVENGER are involved this time around), thus I have to wait the release to eventually tweak them or simply edit those items to meet IR's standards.

SR: we do want to have a BGEE compatible version in time for BGEE2 release, but because of the time restriction (we have only 1 month, which for an extremely slow modder like me is nothing) the next release of SR might not include all the things I promised (I think I can squeeze in all the changes for pre-existing spells, but the new spells will probably not make it).

KR: it's still in a beta stage, and it will surely not be finished before BGEE2 release, but the currently available version and any new class I might get to work on is already fully compatible with BGEE from the get go.

Thank you for the quick reply - this is fantastic news!

Kudos for the great work you are doing. I am really excited about BG2EE with these mods :D

Edit: Oh yeah btw.. About SR. Will it be the edited versions of the spells going into v.4.0 that will come with the mod, or just support for the 3.1 versions?

About SR. Will it be the edited versions of the spells going into v.4.0 that will come with the mod, or just support for the 3.1 versions?
I'm not sure what you mean. I'll try to explain myself better:

- the next version of SR should include these planned changes, and it will be compatible with BGEE

- the new arcane and divine spells (discussed here and here respectively) will probably have to wait a bit more (aka another release) because we have little time and they involve much more work due to the required new icons (not sure if Pacek or Arda can quickly work on them), animations (I'm stealing them from IWD but they require tweakings), new descriptions (one of the most difficult tasks imo), etc.

Btw, I just noticed you are relatively new to the forums, welcome on board! ;)

Thank for your indepth reply. It was exactly what I was asking for. I am really stoked for the new changes - they all look really good.

Is release of IR and SR before BGII:EE still plausible?

I hope so. Unfortunately Arda is too busy working on BG2EE itself but Mike may be able to take over.

I just wanted to show support for the modders who are converting the content of SR, IR and KR over to BG1/2:EE. These mods are so good, and I like the changes so much, that I refuse to play the game without them. Best of luck to everyone involved in the project and I hope you can forgive me for my impatience here!

SR apperantly (at least till now...keep fingers crossed :p ) is indeed compatible with EE. One has to modify .tp2 slightly, but it works indeed...even SCS takes it into account on install.

It could be a good idea you guys edit out a few .tp2 lines (many people just vote "incompatible" at first sign of trouble) and upload an EE-compatible version, until SRv4 comes out.

SR apperantly (at least till now...keep fingers crossed :p ) is indeed compatible with EE. One has to modify .tp2 slightly, but it works indeed...even SCS takes it into account on install.

It could be a good idea you guys edit out a few .tp2 lines (many people just vote "incompatible" at first sign of trouble) and upload an EE-compatible version, until SRv4 comes out.

Between me and you, I was pretty much thinking the same, but I my plan was to also include most of v4 "planned changes", and simply exclude more complicated stuff such as new spells (I still need someone working on their new icons anyway :( ).

I'll try to work on it as fast as possible with Arda's help. I'm not sure how to handle the readme and packaging stuff without Mike, but we'll figure something out.

@Kreso, if anything, I'm willing to at least provide my internal v4 build to beta testers I trust like you and Kalindor. I simply don't want an "open beta" because I want to avoid creating the same mess I did with IRv3's "beta".

Could you implement Whirlwind for Druids at least? They really need that one super-offensive spell.
I'll try to, only because I think I can find a bam for it somewhere. That being both Fire Seeds and Searing Orb has been hugely improved if you need offensive stuff at that level. ;)

@Demi

A very tempting offer...

Regardless, don't on my account - I like a "full Revisions setup" or none - it doesn't make sense for me to play SR w/o IR/KR and viceversa.

Just get Mike to work on new IR and I'm happy :D. I'd even be happy with the patch for armor resistances!

@Demi how's the progress? I don't want to sound like a jackass or something, but I really need IR and KR for my EE runs :p

And...I'm starting to worry, you went silence for...the whole week :p

Eh, just kidding, I just want to play both of these mods that much.

Archived