Version 28 of Sword Coast Stratagems released

DavidW

Well, I couldn't stand still until all errors are gone.

Now, Smarter Beholders and Mind Flayers components are, also, error-free, at least according NearInfinity and DLTCEP.

I fixed Alhoon script (dw#alhoo.bcs) by adding this at the beginning of psionic\alhoon.tpa:

LAF include STR_VAR file=psionic_shared.tph END
LAF include STR_VAR file=caster_shared.tph locbase=caster_shared END
LAUNCH_ACTION_MACRO read_in_instant_prebuff_spells

Then, problem with beholder\ssl\behhiv01.ssl was very simple and not there at all.

I had to change in beholder\ssl\beholder_antimagic.ssl in 229th line:

OR(12)

to

OR(11)

And last one in caster_shared\resource\dw#image.baf, I changed in 33rd line:

ChangeAIScript("d0proimg",6)

to

ChangeAIScript("d0pimag",6)

I was wrong, as those were not missing resources. They are AI scripts from Questpack.

Again, I updated file in previous post.

You don't have to redownload anything, if you don't plan to use Smarter Beholders and Mind Flayers components.

Thanks everybody!

Well, I couldn't stand still until all errors are gone.

Sorry, I may have missed it, but did you also fix spell-casting vampires? If "Improved Vampires" is installed, vampires flagged as mages loose their scripts.

Sorry, I may have missed it, but did you also fix spell-casting vampires? If "Improved Vampires" is installed, vampires flagged as mages loose their scripts.

I will look at it now. I just fixed typos and some things "lost in translation" between v21 and v22-28.

Do you know any other misbehavior like this?

I can try to look for them.

I found out what is happening.

Mage component turns every vampire mage into vampire fighter/mage and then when you install Improved Vampires, they strip all SCS scripts from all vampires except of mages. But there are no more vampire mages, hehe.

So to fix this, in vampire\vampire_shared.tph change line 37:

strip_scs_scripts=>"if class=MAGE then no_change else null"

with:

strip_scs_scripts=>"if class=FIGHTER_MAGE then no_change else null"

P.S.

Mage component does the same to rakshasas, vampires, demons and ogres, turns every mage into fighter/mage.

Well, Flayers get potions is odd, but it's probably intended.

I think that list of races that should get potions is in potion\potion.tpa and on the list are:

HUMAN ELF HALF_ELF DWARF HALFLING GNOME HALFORC MIND_FLAYER RAKSHASA SAHUAGIN KUO-TOA DUERGAR GIANT GITHYANKI

You can delete any race you don't want to get potions. Maybe a stupid question, but why Flyers shoudn't get potions?

Vote Mate 2016!

I don't know if the code is still there, or if it's too much to update, but the Improved Irenicus in Hell (Tactics adaptation) is something I miss. I know DavidW decided for whatever reason cut it.

Code is not in v28, but it is in v21. I can try to make separate addon mod, but I can't promise anything.

Statues in WK level 1 should be race=golem so they behave nicely. I think there's a function for that somewhere.

Code is simple:

LAF edit_creature STR_VAR creature="gorsta01 gorsta02 gorsta03 gorsta04 gorsta05 gorsta06 gorsta07 gorsta08 gorsta09 gorsta10 gorsta11 gorsta12" editstring="race=>GOLEM" END

but I don't know where to put it and is it really a fix of SCS. I'm not that experienced BG player, so I'll leave it to the gurus. :-)

Has anybody tried installing SCS with fixes above? It won't install "smarter mages". I tought my edited scripts were bugging out, but no. Even with only fixes, I get error message decribed here.

EDIT:

Nvm. This is something else bugging out.

gorlic01, firlch01 and hellslay must be added in the mage.tpa bg2 scriptlist otherwise they are vanilla.

Priests get the normal Blade Barrier (sppr603) but the ssl files are using NPC_BLADE_BARRIER (sppr698) so no Priest will cast it.

I recommend to check the ssl files anyway. there are many missing Triggers for the spells, (e.g. Priests still cast Flamestrike in a Spell Turning etc)

-Is Sendai from genai\genai_shared.tph supposed to be sendai2, sendai3 or any other number till 8?

I guess its Sendai4 the only one without scs script.

gorlic01, firlch01 and hellslay must be added in the mage.tpa bg2 scriptlist otherwise they are vanilla.

They're inside mage/bg2/special or something, they're considered "special cases" and have more or less different scripts than generics.

Likewise, I'm fairly certain Priests use Blade Barrier.

exactly. e.g. azamantes is supposed to be a special fight due the Robe of Vecna. they have also their own Spell Lists. But without adding in that list, they get no level adjustment nor their scs spell selection.

Likewise, I'm fairly certain Priests use Blade Barrier.

hmmm, its easy to check in NI. Check all priest scripts for "NPC_BLADE_BARRIER".

Has anybody tried installing SCS with fixes above? It won't install "smarter mages". I tought my edited scripts were bugging out, but no. Even with only fixes, I get error message decribed here.

EDIT:

Nvm. This is something else bugging out.

Do you, still, have this error? It isn't happening to me. Maybe some combination of components don't work.

Priests get the normal Blade Barrier (sppr603) but the ssl files are using NPC_BLADE_BARRIER (sppr698) so no Priest will cast it.

I recommend to check the ssl files anyway. there are many missing Triggers for the spells, (e.g. Priests still cast Flamestrike in a Spell Turning etc)

-Is Sendai from genai\genai_shared.tph supposed to be sendai2, sendai3 or any other number till 8?

I guess its Sendai4 the only one without scs script.

Gorlic01, firlich01 and hellslay scripts are heavily expanded with scs mage component, only their script names stays the same. Al least in my install.

And which spells should priest and mages get, also depends of what you have installed before SCS. It is different from vanilla, SR3, SR4...

That's why kreso wanted to make it more compatible.

In example, my Gorlic01.bcs script didn't get no version of BLADE_BARRIER, vanilla game and SR4 before SCS.

Thanks for Sendai4. I think you are right. I'll change it.

exactly. e.g. azamantes is supposed to be a special fight due the Robe of Vecna. they have also their own Spell Lists. But without adding in that list, they get no level adjustment nor their scs spell selection.

Ok, I'll try this. Blade Barrier is being used at very least in BG1, of this I'm 100% sure since I've seen it. Sometimes it doesn't play animation, this happens to Fireshield spells as well. Sometimes, usually those used in triggers or "cast previously".

Some more bugs, Mad Mate, I call to you to include them:

Ascension:

Abazdg02.ssl - at line 324, there's Maze trigger missing in targeting block

finbalor.ssl - line 160 - there's no need for MR check with Implosion, it bypasses MR

Celestials:

dw#dvdev.ssl - line 111, trigger checks for "paralyze" for Greater Command, it's false, GC doesn't paralyze, should be "sleep"

dw#dvpla.ssl - ditto above

dw#plane.ssl - line 76, trigger for Insect Plague is false, should be SI:Conj (SIConjuration) not Evocation

Dragons

dragblac.ssl - line 129, checks for clck24 (reflects electric damage), while the following check is with Acid. Clck24 is irrelevant here

- line 158, Magic missile targeting block, is missing few triggers. Should be:

TriggerBlock(MR100|SIEvocation|MinorGlobe|SpellTurn|Enemy)

draggree.ssl - line 326, MM block

draglblue.ssl - line 443, MM block

dragblack.ssl - line 158, MM block

dragred.ssl - line 226, MM block

gorsal.ssl - line 311, MM block

Fiend

dembal01.ssl - line 113, MR is irrelevant for that check

dempitsu.ssl - should check for SIConjuration

dw#demiv - line 78, it's missing spell turning/helpless check, since this is used only in SR installs, change to

TriggerBlock(MR|SIEnchantment|SpellTurn|Helpless)

dw#pitfi.ssl - line 117 includes Slay trigger, this is wrong, trigger should be

TriggerBlock(MR|Panic|SIConjuration)

I'll check mage scripts now.

snip

Will do! Thanks!

I plan to include change of WK statues to golems. I found right place for them. Just to be sure, do all 12 statues qualify or should any has to be excluded?

BTW, I must write some sort of readme, so I can keep track of changes and that DavidW can pick between them, what is worth, when he come back.

I plan to include change of WK statues to golems. I found right place for them. Just to be sure, do all 12 statues qualify or should any has to be excluded?

I'm fairly positive that two which trigger once the book is taken (one has Foebane) are "human". Can't vouch about others, I do know that there'a a Golem there as well.

BTW, I must write some sort of readme, so I can keep track of changes and that DavidW can pick between them, what is worth, when he come back.

I think you'll have plenty of material here. :D

Archived