Version 28 of Sword Coast Stratagems released

DavidW

I plan to include change of WK statues to golems. I found right place for them. Just to be sure, do all 12 statues qualify or should any has to be excluded?

I'm fairly positive that two which trigger once the book is taken (one has Foebane) are "human". Can't vouch about others, I do know that there'a a Golem there as well.

Yes, they are 4 humans, 3 elves, 1 dwarf, wyvern, umberhulk, golem and ogre. I don't want to break anything by changing them all to golems.

Yes, they are 4 humans, 3 elves, 1 dwarf, wyvern, umberhulk, golem and ogre. I don't want to break anything by changing them all to golems.

Ok....how about those who are both human and fighter = golem? I also fear changing elves to golems will prohibit them casting spells, the dwarf is a cleric so he can stay.

Gorlic01, firlich01 and hellslay scripts are heavily expanded with scs mage component, only their script names stays the same. Al least in my install.

And which spells should priest and mages get, also depends of what you have installed before SCS. It is different from vanilla, SR3, SR4...

yes the scripts are new but not the rest. they get no new spells because they dont get through that scs routine.

But maybe its an issue only in my install.

A look for Gorlic says. He is supposed to be lvl 33 according to "mage\override\bg2\level.2da" and gets his own little spell list from "mage\override\bg2\spellchoice.2da" plus the usual selection build from "spell_swaps.thp","defensive_spells_mage.tph" and "mage\spellchoices\...*.2da". And with HLAs at least one Alacrity.

the Vanilla Gorlic is Lvl 25. so you may Check your install which Version u got.

In example, my Gorlic01.bcs script didn't get no version of BLADE_BARRIER, vanilla game and SR4 before SCS.

Thanks for Sendai4. I think you are right. I'll change it.

Gorlic01 aka Azamantes is a Lich so he has no Priest script...

my install ist bg2 only so i dont know about the bg1ee behavior.

"priest\defensive_spells_priest.tph" provides scs priests whit BLADE_BARRIER so they have sppr603 memorized.

"priest\ssl\bg2\combatblocks\my_defenses.ssl" and "priest\ssl\bg2\prepblocks\instantprep.ssl" use NPC_BLADE_BARRIER. so all scs Priest want to cast NPC_BLADE_BARRIER but have the normal barrier in the spellbook. same issue goes for some Symbolspells if i remember right.

i think hide spellanimations has nothing to do with it. it should not hide Blade Barrier anyway. (dont know. i disabled that for the most precast spelleffects, its in "lib_spl.tpa" under "make silently cast spell") .

yes because he got the scs sript but he got not his supposed lvl of 30 and not his supposed spell list.

// Irenicus's spells

MAKE_PATCH
remove_spells=>all
add_spells=>"MAGIC_MISSILE(7) MELF_ACID_ARROW(2) VOCALIZE(2) DISPEL_MAGIC(3) FLAME_ARROW(2) STONE_SKIN(3) SECRET_WORD(2) GREATER_MALISON BREACH(3) CHAOS SUN_FIRE TRUE_SIGHT
PROTECTION_FROM_MAGIC_WEAPONS(3) POWER_WORD_STUN RUBY_RAY_OF_REVERSAL WARDING_WHIP(2) SPELL_TURNING FINGER_OF_DEATH ABI_DALZIMS_HORRID_WILTING(4) POWER_WORD_BLIND SYMBOL_STUN
TIME_STOP(2) POWER_WORD_KILL BLACK_BLADE_OF_DISASTER SPELL_STRIKE"
END

LAF edit_creature STR_VAR creature=hellslay edits=patch_data END

this is his spell list from mage.tpa. so again..u may check your hellslay.cre if he´s lvl 20 and got his vanilla spell list. if not then nevermind.

Ascension:

Abazdg02.ssl - at line 324, there's Maze trigger missing in targeting block

Fiend

dempitsu.ssl - should check for SIConjuration

I changed everything except these 2. This Maze block is same in abazdg02, illithidcore, brainadd and flayer02.ssl. I don't know what to change here.

And what SIEvocation should I change to SIConjuration in dempitsu, meteor swarm or fireball?

yes because he got the scs sript but he got not his supposed lvl of 30 and not his supposed spell list.

this is his spell list from mage.tpa. so again..u may check your hellslay.cre if he´s lvl 20 and got his vanilla spell list. if not then nevermind.

KK. I'll add these to mage list and see what comes out.

And what SIEvocation should I change to SIConjuration in dempitsu, meteor swarm or fireball?

None. Somewhere around line 100:

///////////////////////////////
//// Symbol: Fear
///////////////////////////////
IF TRIGGER
Target([ANYONE])
Target(SecondNearest([ANYONE]))
TriggerBlock(Enemy|Disabled|MR|Panic|SIConjuration)
THEN DO
Combine()
Action(SpellNoDec,WIZARD_NPC_SYMBOL_FEAR)
END

Thank you Raest for reporting this. I'll check it out, but all this spells make me dizzy. :-) Like I said, I not that good player and most of this stuff is too complicated for me.

When I read conversations in SR forum, I feel like 2 year old kid. :-DD

I just checked and my hellslay.cre has all spells from that list in mage.tpa, but he is level 20.

In my 2 seperate installs (BG2+fixpack+SCS and BGT megamods+SR4+SCS) it is the same.

Thank you Raest for reporting this. I'll check it out, but all this spells make me dizzy. :-) Like I said, I not that good player and most of this stuff is too complicated for me.

When I read conversations in SR forum, I feel like 2 year old kid. :-DD

I think you may include Raest's list in mage list. It compiles correctly, I can't check in game since that blasted bug is still preventing my install.....grrr.

Anyways; here's more stuff for you to fix:

Mage BG1

l4spells.ssl - line 39, SPIDER_SPAWN, checks for MR (!?)

paralyze_wand.ssl - trigger checks for Hold - even if it's STUN effect, save vs spell should be save vs Wand, Minor Globe is irrelevant since it has a power level of 4 and it bypasses MG.

quickfix:

TriggerBlock(Disabled|Stun|Enemy|MR)

BG2 Mage

fingerofdeath.ssl

- line 42 and 53 - triggerblock should include Petrify

TriggerBlock(MR100|SpellTurn|SIAlteration|Petrify|Enemy)

high_powerd_sequencers

- line 12 Petrify trigger

TriggerBlock(MR|Confused|SpellTurn|SIAlteration|Enemy|Helpless|Petrify)

- line 22 Disintegrate trigger

TriggerBlock(MR|Confused|SpellTurn|SIAlteration|Enemy|Helpless|Disintegrate)

kill_maze_stun

- line 184 into

TriggerBlock(MR100|SpellTurn|Slay|SIAlteration|Enemy|Disintegrate)

- line 200 into

TriggerBlock(MR100|SpellTurn|Slay|SIAlteration|Enemy|Disintegrate)

Archived