Version 28 of Sword Coast Stratagems released

DavidW

This is great. Any ideas on how to get "improved Ust Natha" working properly?

I think I've manged to figure this one out. It looks like the two options for that component got switched accidently and the "Leave Ust Natha's defences alone" version is the one that actually buffs the citys defenses. I haven't run a game all the way through to Ust Natha to check, but if my attempts at reading the setup files are right this is the problem, and I have an install right now with the "Leave Ust Natha's defences alone" component installed, and the AR2200.bcs script ends with a whole bunch of blocks spawning drow when the city is hostile that seem to match the ones the readme says are supposed to spawn, and seem to be the same blocks I remember an earlier thread about the problem say were missing.

It looks like the two options for that component got switched accidently and the "Leave Ust Natha's defences alone" version is the one that actually buffs the citys defenses.

Lol.....

I hadn't time to play it yet, I've been checking this stuff for past two weeks. :-)

Yes, it is crazy, but it was fun to find out how things work.

Try reading here for more info on how SCS works. It's amazing how easilly it is to customize it to your liking.

I hadn't time to play it yet, I've been checking this stuff for past two weeks. :-)

Yes, it is crazy, but it was fun to find out how things work.

Try reading here for more info on how SCS works. It's amazing how easilly it is to customize it to your liking.

Thanks, I will do that.

But last night, I was puzzled why Sendai don't get any scripts expanded like it was in v21, and I've been digging some more.

I found out that whole part about cleric/mages scripts is being skipped thanks to leftover from old v21 scs.
In priest\priest.tpa in 36th line there is a check for mage component, but it doesn't work (don't ask me why :-)):
ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~dw#mage.mrk~ BEGIN

If you change it to (check like in all other SCSv28 files):

LAF check_label STR_VAR label=dw#mage RET value END
      ACTION_IF value BEGIN
cleric/mage part goes forward.
Mage.tpa have correct check, but it is always installed before priest, so I think that's why nobody noticed it before.
Than happened 2 parse errors which nobody reported, because it just wasn't never executed.
First one, install breaks in caster_shared\clericmage\ssl\dw#send8.ssl
For some reason (don't ask me why :-)) in 19th line:
BEGIN LOOP(scsspellsubstitute1||!StateCheck(scstarget,STATE_NOT_TARGETABLE))
BEGIN LOOP(scsspellsubstitute2||!StateCheck(scstarget,STATE_INVISIBLE))
INCLUDE FILE(%scsroot%/mage/ssl/mage_definitions.ssl)
END LOOP
END LOOP
don't work. I replaced it with (used dw#nymph.ssl, edited by DavidW, as example):
VARIABLE(scsspellsubstitute1=!StateCheck(scstarget,STATE_NOT_TARGETABLE))
VARIABLE(scsspellsubstitute2=!StateCheck(scstarget,STATE_INVISIBLE))
INCLUDE FILE(%scsroot%/mage/ssl/mage_definitions.ssl)
and then second parse error in caster_shared\clericmage\clericmage.tpa happend, in 70th line:
       LAF edit_creature STR_VAR creature=gaal02 edits=~strip_script=>gaal insert_script_low=>gaal~ END
       LAF edit_creature STR_VAR creature=csgaal edits=~strip_scrip=>gaal~ END
should be changed to:
       LAF edit_creature STR_VAR creature=gaal02 editstring=~strip_script=>gaal insert_script_low=>gaal~ END
       LAF edit_creature STR_VAR creature=csgaal editstring=~strip_script=>gaal~ END
And there goes install without errors and warnings.
In next few days I'll check new scripts from cleric/mage and from all of Tactical components and post results.

Well, I am an idiot. Here. There's a lot of useful info in this thread.

I've also noticed that Sendai's final incarnation is pathetic (my feedback on SRv4 beta), and her copies are far harder than the original. So it turns out, her script is broken from the start, even if you fix her "unkillable" bug.

Keep up the great work, this is splendid.

Yeah, Sendai should now be good opponent, SENBATTL.BAF went from 20k to 600k.

Just went through script checker, and there are not much left unfixed, even with all this new, 1 prebuff spell didn't compile, few typos and DW#SWPUP.BCS calling lot's of creatures that don't exist in my install. I'll try to find out why.

So, there wasn't much more problems in rest of the scripts and here is what I found:

In abazigal\abazigal_enclave.tpa Tyrant golems are almost made, patch is there, but final line is not, so in 113th line after::

add_effect_inline=>~opcode=>193 parameter2=>1~ // detect invisible
      add_effect_inline'=>~opcode=>52 parameter1=>%tygol_color% parameter2=>2~
      add_items=>~immune3 irongol~
   END

add:

LAF clone_creature STR_VAR creature=~behold01=>dw#tygol~ edits=patch_data END

In ascension\ssl\finmaril.ssl replace "dw#betel" with "dw#batel" in 178th line.

In caster_shared\instant.2da there is missing PROTECTION_FROM_NORMAL_WEAPONS

In tactical_bg1\druid.tpa some druid flunkies should be created, 2 are there, but dw#izefi is missing, and some scripts are referring to her.
So if you want her, add this somewhere at the end between other 2:

MAKE_PATCH
          add_items=>dw#attac
          insert_script_high=>gpshout
          specifics=>90
          kit=>SHAPESHIFTER
          add_items=>"dw#shnw1(WEAPON2)"
       END
       LAF clone_creature STR_VAR creature= ~%tutu_var%druid3=>dw#izefi~
                                  edits=patch_data
       END

Some other minor things I couldn't figure out how to fix:
-ascension\ssl\finiren.ssl calls for dw#hdani.spl from deprecated component invisibility_animations, so I don't know to replace it with what.
-caster_shared\resource\dw#oppos.baf is looking for dw#melee script that doesn't exists.
-tactical_bg1\ssl\dw#swpup.ssl makes lot of calls for nonexistent creatures, but from what I see, this script is not used anywhere.
And some dilemmas stay:
-Is Sendai from genai\genai_shared.tph supposed to be sendai2, sendai3 or any other number till 8?
-And those 3 spells from v21, are they removed on purpose, but then I don't know with what spell to replace them in scripts.

Please note that I didn't use some component from SCS related to spells, because Spell Revisions
and some component of SCS like Smarter beholders and Smarter mind flayers as kreso suggested,

but in NI and DLTCEP there are no more resources missing related to SCS.
Component of SCS that I used are:

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Initialise mod (all other components require this): v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1901 // Standardise spells: BG1 vs BG2 -> Introduce BG2 spell scrolls into BG1: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2110 // Reduce the power of Inquisitors' Dispel Magic -> Inquisitors dispel at 1.5 x their level (not twice their level): v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2160 // Add an extra copy of some hard-to-find spell scrolls: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2170 // True Sight/True Seeing spells protect from magical blindness: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Re-introduce potions of extra-healing: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Replace +1 arrows with nonmagical "fine" ones: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4130 // Move NPCs to more convenient locations: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Faster Bears: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4010 // Grant large, flying, non-solid or similar creatures protection from Web and Entangle: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // More realistic wolves and wild dogs: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4030 // Improved shapeshifting: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4040 // Make party members less likely to die irreversibly: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4051 // Decrease the rate at which reputation improves -> Reputation increases at about 1/2 the normal rate: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4110 // Allow NPC pairs to separate: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4120 // NPCs go to inns: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4146 // Skip the Candlekeep tutorial sections -> Skip Candlekeep altogether (warning: breaks the 4th wall!): v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4160 // Increase the price of a license to practise magic in Athkatla -> License costs 10,000 gp: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4170 // Increase the price asked by Gaelan Bayle -> Gaelan wants 40,000 gold pieces: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4180 // Make Freedom scrolls available earlier: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4200 // Retrieve Dropped Items from Hell: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4210 // Randomise the maze in Watcher's Keep: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4217 // Remove unrealistically convenient ammunition from certain areas -> Remove ammo up to the +2 level from random containers: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4230 // Delay the arrival of the "bonus merchants" in the Adventurers' Mart and the Copper Coronet: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4240 // Treat mages' and priests' High-Level Abilities as innate abilities rather than memorisable spells (each may be taken only once): v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5000 // Ease-of-use party AI: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5010 // Move Boo into Minsc's pack: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5020 // Remove the blur graphic effect from the Cloak of Displacement: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5050 // Stackable ankheg shells, winterwolf pelts and wyvern heads: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5060 // Ensure Shar-Teel doesn't die in the original challenge: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components): v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Better calls for help: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6021 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to spellcasters -> Only selected spellcasters in Throne of Bhaal and Shadows of Amn get HLAs: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6032 // Smarter Mages -> Mages never cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6042 // Smarter Priests -> Priests never cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6101 // Potions for NPCs -> One third of the potions dropped by slain enemies break and are lost: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6200 // Improved Spiders: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6300 // Smarter sirines and dryads: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6310 // Slightly harder carrion crawlers: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6320 // Smarter basilisks: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6500 // Improved golems: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6511 // Improved fiends -> Fiends have normal hit points: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6521 // Smarter genies -> Genies have normal hit points: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6531 // Smarter celestials -> Celestials have normal hit points: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6541 // Smarter dragons -> Dragons have normal hit points: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6570 // Smarter githyanki: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6580 // Improved Vampires: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6590 // Smarter Throne of Bhaal final villain: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6800 // Smarter Illasera: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6810 // Smarter Gromnir: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6820 // Smarter Yaga-Shura: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6830 // Smarter Abazigal: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6840 // Give Ascension versions of Irenicus and Sendai SCSII scripts and abilities: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6850 // Give Ascension demons SCSII scripts and abilities: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7000 // Improved doppelgangers: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7010 // Tougher Black Talons and Iron Throne guards: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7020 // Improved deployment for parties of assassins: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7030 // Dark Side-based kobold upgrade: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7040 // Relocated bounty hunters: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7050 // Improved Ulcaster: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7060 // Improved Balduran's Isle: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7070 // Improved Durlag's Tower: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7080 // Improved Demon Cultists: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7090 // Improved Cloakwood Druids: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7100 // Improved Bassilus: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7110 // Improved Drasus party: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7130 // Improved Red Wizards: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7140 // Improved Undercity party: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7200 // Tougher chapter-two end battle: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7210 // Tougher chapter-three end battle: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7220 // Tougher chapter-four end battle: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7230 // Tougher chapter-five end battle: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7250 // Improved final battle: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7900 // Improved minor encounters: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8000 // Make the starting dungeon slightly harder: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8010 // Improved Shade Lord: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8020 // Spellcasting Demiliches: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8030 // More resilient trolls: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8042 // Increase difficulty of level-dependent monster groupings -> Almost-maximum difficulty (maximum for everything except liches): v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8061 // Improved de'Arnise Keep ("Tactics Remix") -> Enhanced spirit trolls (as in Tactics): v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8081 // Improved Bodhi (Tactics Remix) -> Original Tactics Improved Bodhi with SCSII scripting: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8100 // Improved battle with Irenicus in Spellhold: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8110 // Improved Sahuagin: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8090 // Party's items are taken from them in Spellhold: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8120 // Improved Beholder hive (adapted from Quest Pack): v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8130 // Prevent resting in the Illithid city: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8141 // Slightly Improved Drow -> Leave Ust Natha's defences alone: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8160 // Improved Fire Giant temple: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8170 // Enhanced Sendai's Enclave: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8180 // Improved Abazigal's Lair: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8190 // Improved Minor Encounters: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8150 // Slightly Improved Watcher's Keep: v28

StratagemsV28 fix is in this post:

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=26792&do=findComment&comment=228647

Thanks for praise, but I hope that DavidW doesn't kill me with some sequence of spells, ending with a finger of death, for messing with his files.

I'll remove file if it is wrong.

Even if it is not part of your own install, do you think you might take a look at the critical problem mentioned here?

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=25893&p=222123

This second part about dw#send8.baf should be fixed with my files. I explained what I changed in here.
And this part about hla error in Smater mages, I will look into it.

DavidW has stated in the past that he doesn't mind people trying to help during his absence.

If I am not mistaken he has even implemented some bug fixes done by others directly into his mod sometimes. Now he has unfortunately been away from modding for quite a number of months so I am sure all you are doing is to great benefit to all SCS players. In fact, some of them don't even use the latest version because of the unresolved issues (myself included, since I install SCS Smarter Mages without the HLA for spellcasters component).

Archived