Version 28 of Sword Coast Stratagems released

DavidW

DavidW, while you're here, I must ask you: is it ok with you if I make small adjustements to your code (mostly library triggers and spell school changes) to include SRv4 compatibility and upload it somewhere for people who want to use newest SR and SCS?

Yeah, it's fine by me - I won't have time to look myself for another couple of months at least, so third party activity is more than welcome.

Thank you, DavidW!

In fact, some of them don't even use the latest version because of the unresolved issues (myself included, since I install SCS Smarter Mages without the HLA for spellcasters component).

Now you can use it, too. :-)

I found a problem and added check for HLA component. Now it installs like always if you have HLA installed, and skips this part if you have not.

In 533rd line of mage\mage.tpa replace:
      ACTION_IF FILE_CONTAINS "%workspace%/hla_cre.2da" hellslay BEGIN
        ACTION_IF !VARIABLE_IS_SET hla_innate BEGIN
            LAF check_if_hlas_are_innate RET hla_innate END
        END
with
      LAF check_label STR_VAR label=dw#hla RET value END
       ACTION_IF value BEGIN
            ACTION_IF FILE_CONTAINS "%workspace%/hla_cre.2da" hellslay BEGIN
          ACTION_IF !VARIABLE_IS_SET hla_innate BEGIN
              LAF check_if_hlas_are_innate RET hla_innate END
         END
    END
While I was at it, I found two small errors in priest\priest.tpa, in line 481 this:
       LAF clone_creature STR_VAR creature=~elemzaam=>dw#ezaam~ editstring=~say_both_names=>4301 dv=>dw#esunn~ END
       LAF clone_creature STR_VAR creature=~elemchan=>dw#echan~ editstring=~say_both_names=>4302 dv=>dw#esunn~ END
should be:
       LAF clone_creature STR_VAR creature=~elemzaam=>dw#ezaam~ editstring=~say_both_names=>4301 dv=>dw#ezaam~ END
       LAF clone_creature STR_VAR creature=~elemchan=>dw#echan~ editstring=~say_both_names=>4302 dv=>dw#echan~ END
I think that one is last from me.
I checked what is wrong with Smarter Beholders and Mind Flayers components, just for completeness sake,
and I really don't have a clue how to fix this stuff:
Smarter Mind Flayers have a problem with Alhoon scripts. Almost all spells given to him don't work.
If anyone wants to check it, psionic\alhoon.tpa calls for psionic\ssl\illithid\dw#alhoo.ssl and turns ssl to bcs.
Smarter Beholders is more problematic as it installs one script with error.
Script is generated from beholder\ssl\behhiv01.ssl and NearInfinity error is:
File: BEHHIV01.BCS  Error: Nested ORs not allowed
This script is later used in many various beholders.
And second problem is that this component calls for "smart clones" part in caster_shared\caster_shared.tph (line 778).
And something is wrong there. It installs caster_shared\resource\dw#image.baf without any resources and when I compared it with SCSv21, it is missing something.
Simulacrum spells are mentioned there. Kreso, could this be a problem that you mentioned before?
That is all from me. I'll update file in previous post with Salk's request and with fix in priest.tpa

Simulacrum spells are mentioned there. Kreso, could this be a problem that you mentioned before?

I don't know. I did use ur fixes, along with a lot of my own tweaks - but I touched Simulacrum none. In my previous tests with Spell Revisions (I can't say what happens without SR, but it probably doesn't matter) Simulacrum copies were idle.

Now, they cast spells, move etc. This is Warden and his simmys now:

simmy.jpg
What's possibly different? One thing that comes to my mind is that these spells won't work if "Smarter Beholders" isn't installed.

Smarter Mind Flayers have a problem with Alhoon scripts. Almost all spells given to him don't work.

If anyone wants to check it, psionic\alhoon.tpa calls for psionic\ssl\illithid\dw#alhoo.ssl and turns ssl to bcs.

Yeah....not anymore. Mind you, I have no idea how I fixed him, I haven't touched any Alhoon scripts. See him now:

alhoon.jpg

DavidW, while you're here, I must ask you: is it ok with you if I make small adjustements to your code (mostly library triggers and spell school changes) to include SRv4 compatibility and upload it somewhere for people who want to use newest SR and SCS?

that would be great.

What's possibly different? One thing that comes to my mind is that these spells won't work if "Smarter Beholders" isn't installed.

Those errors, up there, are happening only if you have Smarter Beholders and Smarter Mind Flyers installed.

Can you try Alhoon with and without Smarter Mind Flyers installed?

Can you try Alhoon with and without Smarter Mind Flyers installed?

I'm curious. What should I expect?

Smarter MF - he behaves properly

No smarter MF - he's bugged

?

No, opposite, Smarter MF now adds bugged script to him.

At least, that is what I see in NI. Almost all spells in new script are not compiled.

But maybe game engine goes around it. That is why I asked you to check.

Mmm...odd. There are 2 Alhoons in my game.

MELSUM06 - I guess this is Ascension

MINDAL01 - this is probably in sewers

They both have same script: DW#ALHOO.BCS, which (at least in my install) works properly. I have "Smarter MF" installed.

I have a blanket policy of not objecting to third-party fixes while I'm not active.

Mmm...odd. There are 2 Alhoons in my game.

MELSUM06 - I guess this is Ascension

MINDAL01 - this is probably in sewers

They both have same script: DW#ALHOO.BCS, which (at least in my install) works properly. I have "Smarter MF" installed.

Great, that means that game engine recognize spells. NearInfinity shows lot of warnings in my game when I select DW#ALHOO.BCS, and I thought that it won't work.

Thanks for testing

I have a blanket policy of not objecting to third-party fixes while I'm not active.

Thank you. Note, this what I want isn't "fix" as Mad Mate did, this is something a la this (example):

line added in stratagems library:

TRIGGER=SINecromancy
!CheckStat(scstarget,7,WIZARD_SPELL_IMMUNITY)
!HasItemEquiped("plat16",scstarget)
This makes plat16 (with IR it makes wearer immune to Necro spells) detectable by AI casters not to use Necromancy against it, and similar stuff. Are you fine with that? Ofc, my tweaks would be pretty incompatible with vanilla SCS, but SR/IR users would (I hope!) enjoy it.
EDIT:
I think I can make it work both ways actually.

Are you fine with that? Ofc, my tweaks would be pretty incompatible with vanilla SCS, but SR/IR users would (I hope!) enjoy it.

You could do it plaintantly in the mod itself, and not in SCS... and name the component/say in the readme that it does this, it doesn't need to though.

Now, if you can't(for whatever reasons), you are allowed the option to edit the SCS's .tp -files, as long as the user can see that that has happened, so if you add the above, you make sure that you also add a way to see that the mod was changed in the weidu.log . The BWP tries to do this in BiG World Fixpack in many mods... and most of the fixes can be seen. And DavidW has allowed this in the past for the betterment of the mod, and countability of all things around.

Of course you are then responsible about the change. And it's coding.

Jarno, what I want to do is make SCS fully compatible with Revision mods changes in their latest versions. SCS already accounts for SR/IR install partially. I want to make it fully compatible, with no AI glitches, and with taking new/tweaked spells into account (example: SCS will check for magic resistance with Harm and similar attacks. Since SR tweaks them to bypass MR, I want to change SCS cleric scripts to take this into account - and blast Viconia to dark chunks with them :) ).

I can write a sort of a Readme for whoever wants to use my tweaks to see what exactly will be different if he chooses to install my tweaks to SCS. There's no way I'm gonna "code" anything;, this is editing out SCS library files and specific scripts, which one must copy over before SCS is installed.

And responsibility is on whoever chooses to use it, not me.

Archived