Version 28 of Sword Coast Stratagems released

DavidW

Mad Mate, could you add the date (or some other way to indicate the current version) to the archive so it's easier to track the most updated version?

I would propose an actual new forum thread that has the files on the first post and comments/documentation on the second.

Also, is there any way to make BG1 casters with enough level to cast spells form BG2 use those spells (BGT install)?

Which spells? In a BGT install, they already use BG2-specific spells (I think it's one of the first install choices).
Oh, I meant to ask if there's a way to make mages use spells of level 6 and greater in the BG1 part.

Btw, should I just overwrite my SCS install with the files in the archive no matter what components are installed?

You need to overwrite before you install.

If I do that there will be nothing to overwrite...

Extract "official" SCSv28; download and extract (there will be overwriting) fixes, install SCSv28 with whatever components you want.

Also, is there any way to make BG1 casters with enough level to cast spells form BG2 use those spells (BGT install)?

Which spells? In a BGT install, they already use BG2-specific spells (I think it's one of the first install choices).
Oh, I meant to ask if there's a way to make mages use spells of level 6 and greater in the BG1 part.

It's included, unless you specifically don't want that.

@Kreso: yes, in principle, but you'd have to code it, and it means mucking with the core function library. Look at stratagems/sfo/general/lib_general.tpa, in the compile_ssl_to_bcs_core function. (& bear in mind that I'll probably revert it when I get around to doing v29, as I'm possessive about that function library - though I might externalise library choice while I'm at it.)

I did try. To no avail. For the time being, I made the changes to library.ssl file (mostly for 2 things - SINecromancy trigger has an armor included and to remove clck26 from targeting parameters (cloak of Mirroring doesn't prevent such stuff in IR).

So... reading through this thread for a while (plus having played with a version 28 install for a bit and seeing stuff like hobgoblins and kobolds casting Detect Evil...) , the impression I'm getting is that the current/most recent versions of SCS have quite a few bugs/issues that need tweaking. Or am I reading more into it than is merited?

I'm wondering whether I should look for an older version (finding some comments from folks that seem to suggest anything post version 21 or so might be problematic) or wait until version 29 comes out, or if I'm being overly paranoid/misunderstanding the situation...

Mad Mate (with kreso's help) helped a lot making the current version much more bug free so I suggest you to play v28 with his fixes.

Is there a compilation of his fixes somewhere in this thread?

[edit]Found it, I think! Thanks, will give it a go.

Hm... the 'Bugs not fixed' list includes some doozies... Adamantite golem spawning out of thin air in front of you?!!? Still might consider an earlier version of SCS2 after seeing that!

Archived