Trouble with installing SCSII for Easytutu

Watermane

Order of installation:

1.BG1 + Totsc

2.BG2 +ToB

3.BG2 ToB official patch 26498

4.BG2 Fix pack v10 in BG2 directory

5.BG2 Tweak pack in Easytutu directory

6.SCS II in Easytutu directory (this step fails)

I get the following error in the installation prompt stating that "avaricem.CRE" does not exist.

(http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b587/watermane321/Error1_zps61940c66.png)

(http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b587/watermane321/Error2_zps87341a00.png)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Open the file "stratagems/initial/bg1fix.tph" using Notepad or similar.

Find this line:

LAF edit_creature STR_VAR creature=avaricem edistring="class=>THIEF" END

(It's about 30 lines down.)

Change it to this:

LAF edit_creature STR_VAR creature="%tutu_scripta%varicem" editstring="class=>THIEF" END

It should install then.

(This is the perennial issue of TUTU, BGT and BGEE all using different naming conventions. This is a v28 change tested on BGEE but not TUTU. Ironically, the change also has a typo - edistring not editstring - which makes the change non-functional anyway. C'est la vie...)

Just tried. Don't have "stratagems/initial/bg1fix.tph", only bg1fix.tpa. Edited it (with both %tutuscripta%varicem and %tutuscript%avaricem) and got:

ERROR: Failure("You are trying to edit %tutuscripta%varicem.CRE (or %tutuscript%avaricem.CRE), which does not exist in the game").

edit:

Made it work by editing the string that way (with NearInfinity found out that Avarice's creature file name in EasyTutu is _varicem.CRE in override folder):

LAF edit_creature STR_VAR creature=_varicem editstring="class=>THIEF" END

Think it only applicable for EasyTutu and I don't know how to do that to be *universal*.

edit2:

With *Initialise* component being installed immediately got next error while installing *Standardise spells between BG and BG2 (TUTU, BGT)*:

ERROR: Failure("resource [inn3351.sto] not found for 'COPY' ").

Think those *different naming conventions* are to blame here (and with further components) as well.

Hey David. I am having the exact same problem with the inn3351 fie. Any idea how to fix this?

Install the SCS, not the SCSII to your Tutu game ! Unless I am totally lost... and you have to edit the .tph -file with Notepad, Notepad++ or similar program.

Hey David. I am having the exact same problem with the inn3351 fie. Any idea how to fix this?

Install the SCS, not the SCSII to your Tutu game ! Unless I am totally lost... and you have to edit the .tph -file with Notepad, Notepad++ or similar program.

Same problem here, I use BGT and SCS :(

Don't mean to necro, but I'm trying to set up TuTu before i have the next two days off and I am discovering the same problem. Is there a hotfix? I'm willing to fish around using notepad if instructions are given.

EDIT: Or install an earlier version if so necessary. Just let me know what's up. The most recent SCS I have is v19, so I'd prefer something more up-to-date if it is available and works on TuTu.

EDIT: Or install an earlier version if so necessary. Just let me know what's up. The most recent SCS I have is v19, so I'd prefer something more up-to-date if it is available and works on TuTu.

If you look in here, you can get any SCS version you wish, at least the last time I downloaded those... the most recent SCSI that Tutu would use is the SCSv21, after which the SCSI and SCSII were beta consolidated together, so I suggest to get and use the v21.

Archived