Priest robe?

CrusadarX

Hello,

I have Installed all heavy amor penalties and have Viconia in my party. Suddenly a thought stroke me. A cleric with decend strength and constitution would wear a heavy amour so that they could do some tankings and melee damage.

But what if I had a cleric with high dex but low str and con. I would rather wear something lighter which doesn't hinder the movement rate and either decrease the DEX.

I mean light priest robe and a shield would allow you more chance to survive if you had that kind of supportive cleric rather than front line battling cleric and IF YOU HAVE PRIEST ROBE...!!

So, gents and ladies. What do you think of bring in some robes for clerics?

@Jarno

Yes. It makes sense, absolutely. Sorry for confusion. The light armours are fine. But they don't provide any other function for spellcasting clerics.

The priest magic's spellcasting is relatively long and there is no item such as the Robe of vecna. Thus I think this makes all the clerics grab a flail or mace and march forward to smash something with all pre-buff.

But by having such robes, clerics have another option to stay back and focus on spellcasting, depending on the situation. For example, Anomen may have to decide what to choose between fine enchanted full plate mail and a robe with spellcasting speed bonus and defensive aura (like shield of falling stars in IR) and by simply changing the amour, clerics can play different role.

Lastly, my strongest argument is...clerics normally turn up in white robe in some D&D novels not in leather amour :) (I know this is not really realistic but this is why we love fantasy, isn't it?)

It's not a confusion, nor's there a need to b sorry...

Now, the way I read my novels, the clerics usually do not wear Robes, or armors or things of that nature(well dwarf do wear armor... anyways), but in fact cloths that are armor, robe and general wear and tear suits all rolled into one. Which is why I would put it to equal a Leather armor, not robe. It can generally today to be said that as the cloths were not made through multiple industrial processes, but by hand that makes each special as they are purpose build for those individuals wearing them.

Could the games have more items yes. Also what Mike said is kinda important, if these are to be added, there should be a purpose for the resources, and tieing them up with a kit variation is an idea that has been thrown into the mix, but all this is going to take a bit more than the Item Revision can facilitate as they are new, not old resources reused(well, at least lately I have seen it like this). Mike&Demi would actually have to agree on the imp-lementation, not that they can't, but as this is an old-new-idea, adding it to the mod in this later in the update cycle is generally unlikely.

This is a thread hijacking! All stand aside and stare with watchful eyes!

Robes
Shouldn't Monks & Kensais, Clerics & Druids be *all* allowed to wear robes? What do you think? It makes sense conceptually.

We have these robes possibly available to them:
-----
ProFire Knave's
ProCold Adventurer's
ProElectricity Traveler's
ProAcid
-----

Right now these 7 are all recognized as 'mage' robes, but they don't have to be wizard-exclusive!
Though Movement Rate bonus, Immunity to Backstab and Immunity to Critical Hits on the latter three might prove to be unbalancing if these robes are made available to Monks & Kensais. (maybe not? hmm.)

I think Monks & Kensais should be allowed to wear robes protecting from the elements.
Clerics & Druids probably should be allowed to wear all 7.
---

The ultimate question here:
Can M's, K's, C's and D's avatars actually display the robes?

Can M's, K's, C's and D's avatars actually display the robes?

Depends, do you have normal game, or 1PP inspired game, where the items have avatar changing effects ?

On the normal, the first two is definite no. And I would remember the clerics and druids don't either.

Refinements mod has an option "Universal lesser mage robes". It's a patching code, so it plays nicely with IR.

Watch out when you say patching code... It might be and really rough patching code...
//Universal Robes

BEGIN @800
DESIGNATED 40

COPY_EXISTING ~CLCK09.ITM~	 ~override/CLCK09.ITM~
              ~CLCK10.ITM~	 ~override/CLCK10.ITM~
              ~CLCK11.ITM~	 ~override/CLCK11.ITM~
              ~CLCK12.ITM~	 ~override/CLCK12.ITM~
              ~CLCK13.ITM~	 ~override/CLCK13.ITM~
              ~CLCK14.ITM~	 ~override/CLCK14.ITM~
	READ_STRREF DESC desc
  SPRINT desc1 @807
	SAY_EVALUATED DESC ~%desc1%~
	WRITE_LONG 0x1e 0x40725ec0
(not bashing Refinements, but there are much better ways of doing this).

Archived