Weidu .TLK commands for .bat files

Aquadrizzt

Yeah just tested that:

If you set the area flag that prevents game end on death, and then add this code to the top of BALDUR.BCS, the game will resurrect the main character in the next script round.

IF 
  StateCheck(Player1,STATE_DEAD) 
THEN
  RESPONSE #100 
    ApplySpellRES("SPPR504",Player1) //Raise Dead
END 

Yeah, but getting there will be kinda hard as you need to mark down the dead characters XP amount, dismiss all the current party members and rejoin them after the incident ... as you can't have Mortu as the Player1, the perma death is a problematic ... there's a lots of more, you need to script around things. You get to have a lots of "fun" with hard to do things.
There's the Wisdom bonus XP, and all the other nearly as fun things, and ouh, yeah, the main character needs to be able to not dual, but revert class to the 2 different other classes. This is where this comes finely out:

dear gods.

why.

yep. For example, character animations are unhardcoded in pst, with most of the accompanying info. You can't script that into another engine. Or the fact you can talk to infopoints or that interaction ranges are higher or ...

lynx, Infinity Animations hacks the engine to add animations, right? Why couldn't you do something similar? At worst, you would simply set not use the animations directly from the installed game and include the animations already with the mod package.

lynx, I know there are engine things that aren't transferable like running, but is there something gameplay-wise that's critical that couldn't be converted in some manner to the BG2 engine? Enlighten me on infopoints and interaction ranges.

Aqua, ToBEx has the ability to have game over only on party death (instead of just player 1 death). It should be hackable to avoid game over completely if desired. Vlad has this script here and it can probably be modified to be used for any player death. So, I don't think this has to be a BGEE only thing by any means. And again, please include BG2 even if it has a few less features.

Archived