About character lvl etc

Saergaras

Heya!

I'm trying to play EET for the first time. I have some questions about NPC.

Let's say i take Dorn in my party at lvl 1. Can i keep him for the whole game (BG 1, SoD, BG2...)? I mean the SAME Dorn, with the same inventory, same prof, lvl, etc?

Or do companions "reset" when starting BG 2?

Also worth mentioning that i'm using a component from Tweak Anthology, "Throne of bhaal style NPC", wich is supposed to let me choose NPC class, etc from lvl 1 when i meet them in BG2.

-> No conflict with EET there?

In other words, i'd like to keep the EXACT same party in the whole adventure, with viconia, xan (I got the xan mod for BG2 -> another problem?), Dorn...

How does it works exactly? Will i find all my party in Irenicus prison at the begining of BG2, or do i have to recruit them normally?

Thanks for your answers!

Heya!

I'm trying to play EET for the first time. I have some questions about NPC.

Let's say i take Dorn in my party at lvl 1. Can i keep him for the whole game (BG 1, SoD, BG2...)? I mean the SAME Dorn, with the same inventory, same prof, lvl, etc?

Or do companions "reset" when starting BG 2?

Also worth mentioning that i'm using a component from Tweak Anthology, "Throne of bhaal style NPC", wich is supposed to let me choose NPC class, etc from lvl 1 when i meet them in BG2.

-> No conflict with EET there?

In other words, i'd like to keep the EXACT same party in the whole adventure, with viconia, xan (I got the xan mod for BG2 -> another problem?), Dorn...

How does it works exactly? Will i find all my party in Irenicus prison at the begining of BG2, or do i have to recruit them normally?

Thanks for your answers!

Generally - you find the exactly same NPC throughout the game - however, some inventory items may be replaced (depending on the story the NPC had in between). You will NOT find everyone in Irenicus Dungeon (since they will not be caught with you) but at their BG2 starting points - but it will be the old NPCs not the BG2 clones.

(This is true for vanilla NPCs - mod NPCs may behave differently if the mod author has decided it)

I cannot comment on the tweak mod you mention.

Heh, it doesn't do that... see if you had ever played the Throne of Bhall, you would know you can summon the NPCs and then level them up a bit and the tweak part allows you do the same starting from level 1, their class and kit etc have already been "decided" at that point as they use the vanilla character as the base of the tweak.

Now you might confuse that with the Level1NPCs mod, which allows you to choose the characters class and kit, among other things, during the weidu install, with inputs you give. It's of course not really compatible with the Tweak Anthology's component as they do almost same stuff just totally differently, so you shouldn't install the components to the same game. I am not sure at all the CrevsDaak's version(the Windows version is a few post under that) of the L1NPCs works with the EET as I can't test it... nor have a EET game. Now, ideally, it will allow you to progress in the games phases(BG1-SoD-SoA-ToB) with the same exact NPCs you keep, they just removed themselves from the party in the transitions if they were part of the party during them, and show up in the place they are to join after the transition when you talked to them (and allowed them to join) with the same stats(levels, class, kit etc.) they had before the transition, and their items usually had with them got thrown to the trash bin, it did that in the BGT-weidu in the past, and it should do that to the EET NPCs in the future after an update... that might be soon or not so very soon.

Heya, thank you for your answers. Yeah i wwas worried about Throne of bhaal style npc, but i'm happy to hear i doesn't conflict with EET.

Sounds like i'm gonna play with the exact same party for the whole game after all :)

If anyone knows how it's gonna work for my mod-added NPC tho, Xan, i'd appreciate it :) Actually, i just want to know if my Mod-added Xan from BG2 will keep all the spells i've learned with the Vanilla-Xan from BG1. Sounds a bit weird and somehow i doubt it will happen, but who knows :)

Heya, thank you for your answers. Yeah i wwas worried about Throne of bhaal style npc, but i'm happy to hear i doesn't conflict with EET.

Sounds like i'm gonna play with the exact same party for the whole game after all :)

If anyone knows how it's gonna work for my mod-added NPC tho, Xan, i'd appreciate it :) Actually, i just want to know if my Mod-added Xan from BG2 will keep all the spells i've learned with the Vanilla-Xan from BG1. Sounds a bit weird and somehow i doubt it will happen, but who knows :)

I do not KNOW it, but the BG2 mod Xan is O#Xan, i.e. a different creature than the BG1 Xan. It simulates the old Xan but it does not technically continue it, so I SHARE your doubts. This is how it was back in BGT and I see not that it has changed.

I can confirm that BG1 NPCs get transferred to SoD and BG2 as-is. I gave Minsc a Tome of Strength in BG1 and he still has 19 STR in BG2.

Yes, Minsc is supposed to be in BG2.. What will exactly happen if my party is, for example, Charname/Branwen/Coran/Yeslick/Kivan/Xan? EET only with no mods installed.

Yes, Minsc is supposed to be in BG2.. What will exactly happen if my party is, for example, Charname/Branwen/Coran/Yeslick/Kivan/Xan? EET only with no mods installed.

You'll eventually find yourself alone in the SoA dungeon and continue from there on alone. But you can install BG1NPCs mod and something could happen if they were included. Had Edwin been in the party at the transition, Edwin won't be in the SoA dungeon either as he will be in the thieves guild in SoA, as usual... with the spells he learned during the earlier parts of the adventure.

You'll eventually find yourself alone in the SoA dungeon and continue from there on alone. But you can install BG1NPCs mod and something could happen if they were included. Had Edwin been in the party at the transition, Edwin won't be in the SoA dungeon either as he will be in the thieves guild in SoA, as usual... with the spells he learned during the earlier parts of the adventure.

But how is that related to BG1NPCs? Edwin is a vanilla Bg1+2 NPC and will always have continuous stats in EET.

But how is that related to BG1NPCs? Edwin is a vanilla Bg1+2 NPC and will always have continuous stats in EET.

EET does not change the original SoA contents. Regardless of BG1NPCs or not.

This means that Minsc and Jaheira are in their cages in Irenicus dungeon (unless they died in BG1). Edwin will be in the thieves guild, Viconia at the stake in Government etc...

What EET does is that it provides continuous NPCs, i.e, The Minsc or Jaheira in the dungeon is a continuation of the one you had in your BG1 party (if you did). Only for NPCs that were not in party, their SoA counterpart is created.

So

EET checks a global set if the NPC had been in BG1 party. If the global is true, it Moves Global of that NPC to the SoA location and disables the spawning of the SoA version. If the global is false, the SoA NPC is created.

Here is the Jaheira example - The first block imports the Jaheira you had before, the second creates Jaheira7 if she was not in your BG1 party.

IF

Global("K#JaheiraImport","AR0602",0)

BeenInParty("Jaheira")

GlobalLT("chapter","GLOBAL",20)

!StateCheck("Jaheira",STATE_REALLY_DEAD)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

ActionOverride("Jaheira",SetDialog("Jaheira"))

ActionOverride("Jaheira",ChangeAIScript("SHOUT",CLASS))

ActionOverride("Jaheira",ChangeAIScript("NPCDRU1",RACE))

ActionOverride("Jaheira",ChangeAIScript("",GENERAL))

ActionOverride("Jaheira",ChangeAIScript("WTARSGT",DEFAULT))

ActionOverride("Jaheira",ChangeAIScript("JAHEIRA",OVERRIDE))

MoveGlobal("AR0602","Jaheira",[3898.2676])

ActionOverride("Jaheira",Face(S))

ActionOverride("Jaheira",SetGlobal("BD_JOINXP","LOCALS",0))

ActionOverride("Jaheira",SetGlobal("KickedOut","LOCALS",0))

ActionOverride("Jaheira",SetNumTimesTalkedTo(0))

ActionOverride("Jaheira",DestroyAllEquipment())

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",-1,INITIAL_MEETING) // No such index

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",4008,MORALE) // I will not fall here!

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",4010,HAPPY) // Our actions are good, and will serve the greater balance.

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",4011,UNHAPPY_ANNOYED) // I hope this is not a sign of things to come. We must strive to maintain balance.

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",4012,UNHAPPY_SERIOUS) // This is no longer a matter that can be brushed aside! Change your ways or we shall be at odds!

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",4013,UNHAPPY_BREAKING_POINT) // I... I cannot believe the change in this group! For the greater balance, I... I must oppose you!

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",4014,LEADER) // As I have said before, you could not have made a better choice.

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",4015,TIRED) // Rest would be welcome lest we endanger ourselves.

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",4016,BORED) // It is strange that we stand about when there is so much to do.

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",4009,BATTLE_CRY1) // For the fallen!

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",30765,BATTLE_CRY2) // Fall, creature! And feed the earth!

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",30766,BATTLE_CRY3) // Nature take the life she gave!

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",-1,BATTLE_CRY4) // No such index

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",-1,BATTLE_CRY5) // No such index

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",-1,ATTACK1) // No such index

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",-1,ATTACK2) // No such index

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",-1,ATTACK3) // No such index

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",-1,ATTACK4) // No such index

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",5353,DAMAGE) //

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",5354,DYING) //

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",4017,HURT) // I will require healing if I am to be of use to the group.

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",4018,AREA_FOREST) // I am at peace in the outdoor places, though it never seems to last.

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",4019,AREA_CITY) // I have no patience for cities. Our stay had best be a short one.

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",4020,AREA_DUNGEON) // Nature could find a home here if it were properly cleansed and balanced.

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",5352,AREA_DAY) // I welcome each day we see. Some are not so lucky.

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",4021,AREA_NIGHT) // Nature has many children that call the darkness home. I am not one of them.

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",4022,SELECT_COMMON1) // Nature's servant awaits.

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",4023,SELECT_COMMON2) // I await your need.

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",54350,SELECT_COMMON3) // Yes?

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",4024,SELECT_COMMON4) // I am ready.

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",30767,SELECT_COMMON5) // It is about time.

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",30768,SELECT_COMMON6) // Speak your mind.

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",4025,SELECT_ACTION1) // It is done.

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",30769,SELECT_ACTION2) // I am willing.

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",4027,SELECT_ACTION3) // I go.

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",4028,SELECT_ACTION4) // As I would have done.

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",4029,SELECT_ACTION5) // If it will help.

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",4030,SELECT_ACTION6) // I thought as much.

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",4031,SELECT_ACTION7) // As you would have it.

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",-1,INTERACTION1) // No such index

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",-1,INTERACTION1) // No such index

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",-1,INTERACTION2) // No such index

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",-1,INTERACTION3) // No such index

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",-1,INTERACTION4) // No such index

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",-1,INTERACTION5) // No such index

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",-1,INSULT1) // No such index

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",-1,INSULT2) // No such index

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",-1,INSULT3) // No such index

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",-1,COMPLIMENT1) // No such index

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",-1,COMPLIMENT2) // No such index

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",-1,COMPLIMENT3) // No such index

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",-1,SPECIAL1) // No such index

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",-1,SPECIAL2) // No such index

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",-1,SPECIAL3) // No such index

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",-1,REACT_TO_DIE_GENERAL) // No such index

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",-1,REACT_TO_DIE_SPECIFIC) // No such index

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",-1,MISCELLANEOUS) // No such index

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",-1,RESPONSE_TO_COMPLIMENT2) // No such index

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",-1,RESPONSE_TO_COMPLIMENT3) // No such index

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",-1,RESPONSE_TO_INSULT1) // No such index

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",-1,RESPONSE_TO_INSULT2) // No such index

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",-1,RESPONSE_TO_INSULT3) // No such index

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",-1,DIALOG_HOSTILE) // No such index

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",-1,DIALOG_DEFAULT) // No such index

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",30770,SELECT_RARE1) // You require nothing more?

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",30771,SELECT_RARE2) // If you think it is wise to do so. So much comes back to haunt us.

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",30772,CRITICAL_HIT) // With vengeance!

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",30775,CRITICAL_MISS) // Ugh!

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",30776,TARGET_IMMUNE) // Weapon has no effect!

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",30777,INVENTORY_FULL) // I have too much in my pack as it is. You'll have to pick that up off the ground.

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",30778,PICKED_POCKET) //

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",30779,EXISTANCE1) //

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",30780,EXISTANCE2) // My concentration is undone. My spell has failed!

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",30781,EXISTANCE3) //

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",-1,EXISTANCE4) // No such index

SetPlayerSound("Jaheira",10199,EXISTANCE5) // When asked about her past, JAHEIRA glares as she speaks. She says that she was born in the Tethyr region to a loyalist of the King Alemander regime, unfortunately during the Tethyrian civil war. Her family was among the nobles targeted by the angry mobs of peasants, and she was only spared because a servant girl took her from their castle before it fell. An enclave of druids in the Forest of Tethir was willing to grant shelter, and Jaheira grew up headstrong in their care. She believes the only way to protect nature is to have an active role in the world, but the cost of this dedication seems to weigh heavily on her mind these days. She grows quiet when you ask about recent events, and while she gives the appearance of her normal, strong-willed self, there is a look of doubt in her eyes. It would seem that she has seen too many friends fall to remain unaffected. She does not like the subject, and lets it drop.

SetGlobal("K#JaheiraImport","AR0602",1)

Continue()

END

IF

Global("K#JaheiraImport","AR0602",0)

!BeenInParty("Jaheira")

GlobalLT("chapter","GLOBAL",20)

!StateCheck("Jaheira",STATE_REALLY_DEAD)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

CreateCreature("Jaheir7",[3898.2676],S) // Jaheira

ActionOverride("Jaheira",MakeGlobalOverride())

SetGlobal("K#JaheiraImport","AR0602",1)

Continue()

END

Archived