bg1re Bugthread

1 hour ago, Thels said:

Which would be the intention, not? Books shouldn't be fitting inside scroll cases.

But scroll cases accept the category "Book". It's non-sensical to tagg books as something else so they would not fit in. 🤪

And yes, I'll leave this as it is, because I honestly don't know how to solve the situation the original game puts bokks in.

For BG:SoD:

When I start a new game, it automatically creates two saves for me "Charname-Prologue Start" and "Charname-Auto-Save".

So, when I start a new game, I see Alec standing there. I then load Charname-Auto-Save, and Alec is nowhere to be seen.

Charname-Prologue Start has the same issue

Variables for spawning are set, both Alec and the Oghma priest, but both are gone after loading.

42 minutes ago, Thels said:

When I remove the character with the Book Bag, they keep the Book Bag in their inventory. Should this not get moved to Charname's inventory, like other bag items?

Not necessarily. The bag itself is not a critical quest item. What happens with quest items inside the bag?

In the Elfsong Tavern, if one of your companions is still downstairs, all the "private room" encounters fire off one after another.

Also, the 6th encounter (crying woman) has slightly different coordinates, placing her one room over.

Edited by Thels

For Bartleby's letters, I delivered Miss Aspen's letter 6th. This seemed to resolve the quest. I got the epilogue, and then the quest was removed from my Journal.

But I still had Skie's letter. When I delivered Skie her letter, a new quest log was added. From what I understand, there's no further resolution, as I got that after Aspen's letter, so now it's stuck in my quest log.

Just for confirmation. The readme recommands  to stick to the following  install order :

EBG1 - Transitions - bg1npc project - bg1re - bg1ub - Jarl's Adventure Pack (v0.7)

I haven't see any install order having BG1 NPC Project before bg1re.

Would you confirm bg1re after BG1 NPC Project ? And what is/was the point to install BG1 NPC Project after bg1RE ?

5 hours ago, Mordekaie said:

EBG1 - Transitions - bg1npc project - bg1re - bg1ub - Jarl's Adventure Pack (v0.7)

The only crucial order in there is:

EndlessBG1-Transitions-bg1re

and

BG1NPC - JAP

I should take that out of the readme, it's confusing.

Hello! I've been in a trouble! after finishing half the content in baldurs gate city, i managed to do the quest of ragefast and grabbed the thalanthyr book for the dinner with thalanthyr.

the problem is, i've been playing for almost a year, little by little, step by step, quest over quest, with a megamod installation, and i done the kivan quest of the sea elf months ago, and i'm sure i grabbed the ivory piece from the shipwreck, and stashed in a bag of holding.

in the meanwhile, i may have uninstalled and reinstalled some mods to better rearrange the load order, and maybe, (i dont remember) i have unistalled and reinstalled bg1re.

and with this, my ivory piece is gone! its been nowhere to be found, i spoken to the carpenter in naskhel, and theres no option referring that i give the ivory to him!

please could you give the id code for the ivory for me to spawn it?

i'm using the up to date version of bg1 and bg2 of steam, eet, and bg1re v9

for better lecture weidu log attached

thanks in advance.

EDIT: NEVERMIND, FOUND IN EEKEEPER, THANKS!

WeiDU.log

Edited by MarciusVetrack

Thanks for the report, I'll look into it when I'll find the time. But yes, the meeple should have been taken by Thalantyr.

- This could also be a problem with NPC interjections - the action of taking the meeple is performed by the last NPC interacting or something. Or I already added an ActionOverride() to prevent that and it wasn't executed because [insert expert explanation about engine quirks from @Taimon here :) ]