SR Revised V1.3.900 (2022 August 8th)

On 5/23/2020 at 10:10 PM, pochesun said:

Yeah, i posted a detailed discription of both planetar's behavior here, probably could help you if you haven't seen it yet. Its the post from Thursday i think.

This should fix it, as well as some other summonables' broken scripts (my Wyverns, Nishruus, Hakeashars, Hobgoblin Shaman, Devas, Planetars, and maybe one or two others I can't remember right now were apparently being broken by github). Man, that was annoying and took way too long to figure out.

Some other random fixes as of V1.3.13:

1. Enforced that Cause Wounds use the correct icons on all games types (previously only the EEs had consistent icons).
2. Pit Fiend (Gate) was missing an icon for its attack - I gave it an ultra-generic one for the time being.
3. Shapeshifts/polymorphs get the two-handed flag on EE games, which prevents off-hand attacks/shields from applying (crashes game on non-EEs, so remains un-enabled on there).
4. There is a second Remove Curse scroll that can be found at Lady Yuth and in random loot - it should now also be a Break Enchantment scroll.
5. Protection from Electricity should be properly disabled.
6. A few spells (Protection from Normal Weapons, MS4, and Spell Deflection) were being disabled for bards and removed from spellbooks - should no longer be the case.
7. Protection from Missiles protects from Flame Arrow.
8. Dispelling Screen's portrait icon now says "Dispelling Screen" and not "Spell Immunity".
9. Created proper icons for Enchanted Weapon's Ninja-To +3 and Wakizashi +3 for non-EE games.

I will eventually get to IRR...

Edited by Bartimaeus

Hi! I have been playing with SR-4b18 with TomeAndBlood-0.8.51 for a while and I have found this revised version of SR. If I install this revised version I have errors installing TomeAndBlood, all components say this: 

#ERROR: cannot convert spl_school or %spl_school% to an integer
#ERROR: [BGSCRL1V.ITM] -> [override/BGSCRL1V.ITM] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
#Stopping installation because of error.
#ERROR Installing [Revised Illusionary Clones], rolling back to previous state
#Will uninstall  39 files for [TOMEANDBLOOD/TOMEANDBLOOD.TP2] component 13.
#Uninstalled     39 files for [TOMEANDBLOOD/TOMEANDBLOOD.TP2] component 13.
#ERROR: Not_found
#Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-TOMEANDBLOOD.DEBUG and look for support at: aquadrizzt@gmail.com
#Automatically Skipping [Revised Illusionary Clones] because of error.

Clean install. Using Project Infinity. TomeAndBlood alone works, SR-Revised alone works. SR with TomeAndBlood was working but SR-Revised with TomeAndBlood nope. Installing SR-Revised before TomeAndBlood.

I have been checking other people mods list and it seems they are installing both together... Anyone can help me? Thanks!

Guest Piquero
14 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

3. Shapeshifts/polymorphs get the two-handed flag on EE games, which prevents off-hand attacks/shields from applying (crashes game on non-EEs, so remains un-enabled on there).

I don't like that change at all, can you make it optional? pretty please.

Shapeshift is already very situational anyway

6 hours ago, Sephir6 said:

Hi! I have been playing with SR-4b18 with TomeAndBlood-0.8.51 for a while and I have found this revised version of SR. If I install this revised version I have errors installing TomeAndBlood, all components say this: 

#ERROR: cannot convert spl_school or %spl_school% to an integer
#ERROR: [BGSCRL1V.ITM] -> [override/BGSCRL1V.ITM] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
#ERROR Installing [Revised Illusionary Clones], rolling back to previous state
#Will uninstall  39 files for [TOMEANDBLOOD/TOMEANDBLOOD.TP2] component 13.
#Uninstalled     39 files for [TOMEANDBLOOD/TOMEANDBLOOD.TP2] component 13.
#ERROR: Not_found
#Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-TOMEANDBLOOD.DEBUG and look for support at: aquadrizzt@gmail.com
#Automatically Skipping [Revised Illusionary Clones] because of error.

Clean install. Using Project Infinity. TomeAndBlood alone works, SR-Revised alone works. SR with TomeAndBlood was working but SR-Revised with TomeAndBlood nope. Installing SR-Revised before TomeAndBlood.

I have been checking other people mods list and it seems they are installing both together... Anyone can help me? Thanks!

I'll take a look at it and get back to you. Are you playing a BG1EE or BG2EE game? (e): I successfully installed SRR and then every single component of TomeAndBlood 8.5.1 on top of it on a BG2:EE game. Going to need more information, probably your debug file, and your weidu log just to make sure.

6 hours ago, Guest Piquero said:

I don't like that change at all, can you make it optional? pretty please.

Shapeshift is already very situational anyway

Hm. Personally, I didn't actually want to do this at all since it doesn't work in non-EE games, so I suppose it wouldn't be the end of the world to make it optional for EE games as well even though it's clearly a bug. Will do.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Installing in BG2:EE too... For SR-Revised I just overwrite SR right? Here are the files you need I think. I'm installing to check on Project Infinity this:

#SPELLS
spell_rev:0:Spell Revisions
spell_rev:10:Deva and Planetar Animations
spell_rev:20:Mirror Image Fix
spell_rev:30:Dispel Magic Fix
spell_rev:55:Spell Deflection blocks AoE spells
spell_rev:60:Update Spellbooks of Joinable NPCs
spell_rev:65:Revised Warrior HLAs
#TomeAndBlood
TomeAndBlood:13:Revised Illusionary Clones
TomeAndBlood:14:Revised Invisibility and True Seeing.
TomeAndBlood:45:Arcane Crafting
TomeAndBlood:51:Innate metamagic, learned automatically by everyone
TomeAndBlood:61:Innate Cantrips
TomeAndBlood:66:Innate Find Familiar
TomeAndBlood:75:Ability Score Spellcasting Bonuses

Thank you!

SETUP-SPELL_REV.DEBUG SETUP-TOMEANDBLOOD.DEBUG WeiDU.log

1 hour ago, Bartimaeus said:

Hm. Personally, I didn't actually want to do this at all since it doesn't work in non-EE games, so I suppose it wouldn't be the end of the world to make it optional for EE games as well even though it's clearly a bug. Will do.

If its clearly a bug (and it is) why make it optional? I am not digging it :) Would it not be better to make optional to allow off hand attacks and make the change you made as default?

Guest Piquero
9 minutes ago, pochesun said:

If its clearly a bug (and it is) why make it optional? I am not digging it :) Would it not be better to make optional to allow off hand attacks and make the change you made as default?

lol, the default is what it is. the option would have to be to apply the change or not. does´nt matter what you like the most

3 minutes ago, Guest Piquero said:

lol, the default is what it is. the option would have to be to apply the change or not. does´nt matter what you like the most

Sorry but logic fails here :) Following this logic one can assume that any patch change should be optional. That does not make much sense. Besides other people on this forum discussed the way to fix shapeshift exploit/bug with extra off hand attack so clearly that's the issue that bothers people. I have not been playing BG for several years and now i am reinvigorated with the urge to explore the game again and do multiple runs with mods, well... when i started playing i found that shapeshifter could do extra off hand attack and i was really surprised. I posted my concern about it here, and i bet other people like me would be truly surpsised about extra off hand attack as well. Thats why i think its much better to try to fix the bug with the solutions like @Bartimaeus introduced. 

Guest Piquero
9 minutes ago, pochesun said:

Sorry but logic fails here :) Following this logic one can assume that any patch change should be optional. That does not make much sense. Besides other people on this forum discussed the way to fix shapeshift exploit/bug with extra off hand attack so clearly that's the issue that bothers people. I have not been playing BG for several years and now i am reinvigorated with the urge to explore the game again and do multiple runs with mods, well... when i started playing i found that shapeshifter could do extra off hand attack and i was really surprised. I posted my concern about it here, and i bet other people like me would be truly surpsised about extra off hand attack as well. Thats why i think its much better to try to fix the bug with the solutions like @Bartimaeus introduced. 

I'm not agains that, man. Im telling you. But if you are going to make a bugfix optional, what would you think the weidu installer would ask you? "unmade the change introduced in the previous component" or "shapesifting bugfix or somthing". In the first case you have to patch the files twice.

2 hours ago, Guest Piquero said:

I'm not agains that, man. Im telling you. But if you are going to make a bugfix optional, what would you think the weidu installer would ask you? "unmade the change introduced in the previous component" or "shapesifting bugfix or somthing". In the first case you have to patch the files twice.

No, you just implement the change to fix the bug and make it default. The optional would be to make manual change in ini.settings file (like substitution 0 to 1 value or something like that) before you start installation.

4 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

MacOS, Windows, or Linux? Yes, it should just be SRR's "spell_rev" folder overwriting SR's "spell_rev" folder.

I don't think it should be affected, but try with the latest version instead just to make sure: https://github.com/BartyMae/SR_Revised/archive/master.zip

I'm in Windows 10 x64. Now if I use that zip I get those parse errors on the debug file SETUP-SPELL_REV.DEBUG? I don't understand what is happening... Just installing over vanilla BG2:EE. If it seems too random maybe I should forget about it. And SR before overwritten keep installing well.

Then I have seen this changes, just in case I finally install it:

- Spirit Armor now has a bonus to save vs spell? Not sure if intentional, in SR was for vs death. Can I change it back some how?

- Feeblemindness can be changed to -4? It's better than domination with the same penalty?

1 hour ago, Sephir6 said:

I'm in Windows 10 x64. Now if I use that zip I get those parse errors on the debug file SETUP-SPELL_REV.DEBUG? I don't understand what is happening... Just installing over vanilla BG2:EE. If it seems too random maybe I should forget about it. And SR before overwritten keep installing well.

Then I have seen this changes, just in case I finally install it:

- Spirit Armor now has a bonus to save vs spell? Not sure if intentional, in SR was for vs death. Can I change it back some how?

- Feeblemindness can be changed to -4? It's better than domination with the same penalty?

Yeah, sorry, I've been updating a number of things for SR and IR today and I linked it while in the middle of making changes like a dummy. Should be fixed as of V1.3.16 (latest).

SRR's description for Spirit Armor says the save is vs. death. If it's vs. spell, that's an error. (e): I just checked, and it's still vs. death.

Feeblemindedness is one I've had difficulty with - I've waffled back and forth between -2 and -4. The issue with this spell is that it's essentially a death spell when used against opponents, while it's simply a disable that can be easily dispelled when used against the party. Domination was actually what I was balancing it against - at the same level, same spell school, but Domination is a charm that only lasts for 1 turn while Feeblemind is a permanent death sentence. It was also a -2 in vanilla. Still...if people really wanted -4, then it wouldn't be too difficult to persuade me to change it back.

Edited by Bartimaeus
11 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Yeah, sorry, I've been updating a number of things for SR and IR today and I linked it while in the middle of making changes like a dummy. Should be fixed as of V1.3.16 (latest).

SRR's description for Spirit Armor says the save is vs. death. If it's vs. spell, that's an error. (e): I just checked, and it's still vs. death.

Feeblemindedness is one I've had difficulty with - I've waffled back and forth between -2 and -4. The issue with this spell is that it's essentially a death spell when used against opponents, while it's simply a disable that can be easily dispelled when used against the party. Domination was actually what I was balancing it against - at the same level, same spell school, but Domination is a charm that only lasts for 1 turn while Feeblemind is a permanent death sentence. It was also a -2 in vanilla. Still...if people really wanted -4, then it wouldn't be too difficult to persuade me to change it back.

Hi again! Updated and installs well again. I got the same error with TomeAndBlood sooo I deleted from folder "override" the file "BGSCRL1V.ITM" which was giving the error. It's the scroll of the new level 1 spell Dimension Jump. I check it with NearInfinity. Not sure why TomAndBlood has an error reading it... It's safe to delete it or to change something to not install it? Without it everything installs fine and I see it's new from SRR.

About Spirit Armor, bad install and I read the save vs spell from the damage in the documentation... It's fine yes. And about Feeblemindedness didn't think about duration of Domination, yeah I think better with -2 then. -2 for 1 turn ally or -2 for permamenent no enemy seems pretty equal to me.