SR Revised V1.3.900 (2022 August 8th)

Probably a minor issue, when i cast polymorph myself and choose spider of jelly as a form, their attacks force opponents, in order to avoid poison damage, to save vs Death, not save vs. Poison as it stands in discription. I guess its not a big deal at all, since Poison and Death ST goes in same category. 

9 hours ago, pochesun said:

Regarding Planetars: i mean it absolutely could be the issue of AI, but it was stated in SCS (the latest version of it) that its compatible with SRR latest version. Is @DavidW aware of the issue, that there could be some problems with planetars etc?

I don't think I did state that. I stated compatibility with SR, not SRR.

I agree, this is clearly an AI issue. It's complicated by the fact that Planetars have SR-dependent AI. Will check.

20 hours ago, pochesun said:

Probably a minor issue, when i cast polymorph myself and choose spider of jelly as a form, their attacks force opponents, in order to avoid poison damage, to save vs Death, not save vs. Poison as it stands in discription. I guess its not a big deal at all, since Poison and Death ST goes in same category. 

Actually not 'in the same category' - they are the same save.  So this is working as intended.  (At least as far as this game engine goes.)

1 hour ago, subtledoctor said:

Actually not 'in the same category' - they are the same save.  So this is working as intended.  (At least as far as this game engine goes.)

Thx for clarification, i did not know that 😛 Its just "save vs poison" from spider/jelly discription that confused me.

Edited by pochesun

1.3 released. New changes as of the last few days:

1. Shapechange was not always removing the Natural Form ability once the spell expired.
  2. Dispelling Screen has been given its own resource to prevent Spell Trigger/Contingency issues.
  3. Restoration spells now *attempt* to restore stat drains. May not work in 100% of cases, as it's a specific spell or item effect-driven removal with a focus on IR, SR, and vanilla effects.
  4. Blindness and Power Word: Blindness should now say a -4 penalty to THAC0 for EE games.
  5. Cure Disease silently cures feeblemindedness (not mentioned in description, not intended, but not preventable - use Break Enchantment instead if you want to "follow the rules").
  6. Power Word: Stun and Symbol of Stunning had their specified durations switched.
  7. Power Word: Stun no longer has a permanent stun portrait icon applied.
  8. Luck no longer mentions AC bonus.
  9. Fixed Chaotic Commands' bad header levels.
  10. Casting Dispelling Screen no longer needlessly spams the message log with a bunch of "Dispelling Screen Activated"s.

Some old changes since the last "properly" released version of SRR:

1. Alternative Globes of Invulnerability (enabled via the settings.ini) should now effectively be treated as Spell Immunity: Abjuration by SCS (for dispelling/countering purposes)
  2. The alternatives to spell immunities cast by the AI had a cleanup and enforced consistency (they were previously emulating their alternative spells - now they just cast them straight up).
  3. Some miscellaneous text fixes (always!).
  4. Haste was still saying single target instead of 30' AoE - how embarrassing!
  5. Fireburst is now friendly to...er, friendlies! Idea straight up mugged from Subtledoctor, :p.
  6. Aid was giving too much temporary maximum HP due to my misunderstanding of the Aid effect.
  7. Killed text spam from various see invisibility spells (I hate needless text spam - also made it trivially easy to abuse the AI by always knowing when they had a Detect Invisibility/True Seeing going).

Now for IRR...

Edited by Bartimaeus
On 5/20/2020 at 10:20 PM, DavidW said:

I don't think I did state that. I stated compatibility with SR, not SRR.

I agree, this is clearly an AI issue. It's complicated by the fact that Planetars have SR-dependent AI. Will check.

Following this up: In SR, summoned Planetars are assigned their own AI; SCS doesn't change that assignment or alter the AI. So if there's an AI problem here (and actually I couldn't reproduce the issue) it's internal to SR, unless I'm missing something fundamental.

5 hours ago, DavidW said:

Following this up: In SR, summoned Planetars are assigned their own AI; SCS doesn't change that assignment or alter the AI. So if there's an AI problem here (and actually I couldn't reproduce the issue) it's internal to SR, unless I'm missing something fundamental.

If @Bartimaeus wishes to delve into SR AI - i dont mind. If he does not i guess i will wait till new SCS patch, install with latest SRR patch, hopefuly new IR patch and will give it a run. Will report results. 

Yeah, no thanks, I hate dealing with AI stuff. My suggestion would be to just use the "celestials" switch I created in settings.ini years ago so that SCS can do its thing without interference. I might make an additional version of that switch that just disables SR's AI so SCS can do what it wants.

Edited by Bartimaeus
3 hours ago, pochesun said:

If @Bartimaeus wishes to delve into SR AI - i dont mind. If he does not i guess i will wait till new SCS patch, install with latest SRR patch, hopefuly new IR patch and will give it a run. Will report results. 

SCS won’t affect this either way.

36 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

@pochesun Okay, actually, this inspired me to look into it more. Weirdly, Fallen Planetar seems to work fine, but regular Planetar is just crippled. I'm going to see if I can figure it out...

Yeah, i posted a detailed discription of both planetar's behavior here, probably could help you if you haven't seen it yet. Its the post from Thursday i think.

Edited by pochesun