My new "Made in Heaven" mods

21 minutes ago, Trouveur80 said:

How do you intend to change them in the next version ?

I haven't decided yet.  I'm basically rewriting E&Q from the ground up, and nothing is planned for golems at the moment.

I have a few requests (I will include also some thoughts):

1) I would like to use the following tweak: Increase Enemy Group Size

The enemy groups in Siege of Dragonspear scale depending on the current difficulty level, by having some enemies silently self-destruct at certain difficulty levels. This component changes some scripts to enlarge the enemy groups. Current default is to have no enemies remove themselves and thus always have the maximum number of enemies. This can be changed in the ini file.

Can you add an option in the .ini file the whole Morintherene army spawn even if you kill her silently? (https://baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/Morentherene: five Greater Wyverns and two Young Green Dragons).

2) In the made in heaven: encounter & quests you make the following statement: Complete more/all Zaviak's Vision Quests

This component gives the Spectacles of Spectacle more charges (default 9, configurable in the ini file), allowing you to complete more of Zaviak's vision quests. The default lets you complete all available quests, although you still have to choose between the two possible ones in Dead Men's Pass.

Note that if you bring forth the elemental first, you can bring forth the other npc too. I did it (I was sort of cheesy because I gave the spectacles to another npc, but I guess it can be done)…

3) As for the spectacles I had three requests, but your mod seems to satisfy the first one, so I'm left with only two:

- make it so that you don't have to equip them to see the ghosts around a good idea would be using the line of sight of whole party (And not of the single party member having them in their inventory).

- make it so that you don't have to use the ability on the ghosts. Just click on them *Use the spectacles to bring the ghost forth* and done.

Edited by Morgoth

New problem with F&R. The fixpack is throwing this install issue:

//[tb#compile_patches/.../stratagems-inline/simyaz_fix.d] LEXER ERROR at line 5 column 1-0
//Near Text: Â
//    invalid character [Â]
//ERROR: parsing [tb#compile_patches/.../stratagems-inline/simyaz_fix.d]: Parsing.Parse_error
//ERROR: compiling [.../stratagems-inline/simyaz_fix.d]!

I've tracked the issue to soa_minor_dialog.tpa and tried to fix it myself, but I can't find that character  in that file or anywhere else.

Quick question regarding deleting single spells from MiH - Spell Pack:

The documentation states that:

Which spells get installed by the spell packs is determined by the file tables/spells.2da in the subdir folders of the components. [...] You can also delete a spell you really don't like here, but this may have unexpected results down the line so be careful.

What do you mean with "but this may have unexpected results down the line so be careful"?

If I, before installing the mod, delete the spell that i don't want in tables/spells.2da and then delete the scrolls input of that spell in the "place_spell_scrolls_in_XXX.tpa" files like this:

Short Example - Cat's Grace (delete every line with # in front):

DEFINE_ACTION_FUNCTION place_spell_scrolls_in_bg1
BEGIN
  // The Northern Light (Ries Kensiddar)
  //
  // mh#wiz11 - Frost Fingers
  // mh#wiz12 - Barrier
  // mh#wiz21 - Spark Shower
#  // mh#wiz24 - Cat's Grace
  // mh#wiz25 - Bear's Endurance

MAKE_PATCH
    literal'1=>~ADD_STORE_ITEM "mh#wiz11" AFTER "scrl69" #1 #1 #0 "identified" #2~
    literal'2=>~ADD_STORE_ITEM "mh#wiz12" AFTER "scrl67" #1 #1 #0 "identified" #2~
    literal'3=>~ADD_STORE_ITEM "mh#wiz21" AFTER "scrl96" #1 #1 #0 "identified" #1~
#    literal'4=>~ADD_STORE_ITEM "mh#wiz24" AFTER "scrl85" #1 #1 #0 "identified" #1~
    literal'5=>~ADD_STORE_ITEM "mh#wiz25" BEFORE "scrl85" #1 #1 #0 "identified" #1~
  END

LAUNCH_ACTION_FUNCTION edit_store
    STR_VAR
    store    = "%tutu_var%inn4801"
    edits    = "patch_data"
  END

// High Hedge (Thalantyr)
  //
  // mh#wiz11 - Frost Fingers
  // mh#wiz21 - Spark Shower
#  // mh#wiz24 - Cat's Grace
  // mh#wiz25 - Bear's Endurance
  // mh#wiz32 - Heroism
  // mh#wiz33 - Blink
  // mh#wiz37 - Gust of Wind

MAKE_PATCH
    literal'1=>~ADD_STORE_ITEM "mh#wiz11" AFTER "scrl68" #1 #1 #0 "identified" #2~
    literal'2=>~ADD_STORE_ITEM "mh#wiz21" AFTER "scrl90" #1 #1 #0 "identified" #2~
#    literal'3=>~ADD_STORE_ITEM "mh#wiz24" AFTER "scrl85" #1 #1 #0 "identified" #2~
    literal'4=>~ADD_STORE_ITEM "mh#wiz25" BEFORE "scrl85" #1 #1 #0 "identified" #2~
    literal'5=>~ADD_STORE_ITEM "mh#wiz32" AFTER "scrl1f" #1 #1 #0 "identified" #1~
    literal'6=>~ADD_STORE_ITEM "mh#wiz33" BEFORE "scrl1f" #1 #1 #0 "identified" #1~
    literal'7=>~ADD_STORE_ITEM "mh#wiz37" AFTER "scrl1f" #1 #1 #0 "identified" #1~
  END

LAUNCH_ACTION_FUNCTION edit_store
    STR_VAR
    store    = "highhedg"
    edits    = "patch_data"
  END

Everything should be fine?

Getting a conflict error when trying to install the Alternative Damage on Large Creatures component with Shadow Magic mod installed:

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
Resource [HPPR.2da] not found in KEY file:
	[./chitin.key]
Stopping installation because of error.
ERROR: [hpclass.2da] -> [override/hpclass.2da] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("resource [HPPR.2da] not found for 'COPY'"))

The class HP table for priests, in vanilla, is HPPRS.2da, not HPPR.2da. HPPR does not exist unless a mod adds it.

So, probably a typo in what's being looked for. The real question is why this error didn't come up earlier, because that sure looks like it would break on any install.

(Unless that was the error InKal "reported" above?)

After some further investigation I can confirm that it is specifically the Shadow Magic: Shadow Monk monk kit component that is causing the conflict. I tried to look for HPPR values or files in the mod but only found 2 hpclass.2da files and both of them only refer to HPPRS. Not sure which mod is the cause or should resolve the conflict so I will post the same issue on Shadow Magic forums as well. Let me know if I should provide more info.

Looking at the code ... I have no idea why it would try to read the HP[class] 2da files.

Though the overall architecture ... why load up that 2da file (table of weapon type/damage associations) as an INNER_PATCH while going through every item? Why not just read it once, build an array, and refer back to that array without the extra file-loads?

I tried the current master file for the Spell Pack, and something curious comes up from the "Fourth level Animate Dead for Wizards" component. All versions of the spell get "Spell Improvements (see readme)" for a name, and Expanded Temple Service for the description. Seems like the component is using the setup-mih_sp.tra translation file for the installation instead of spell_tweaks.tra

https://www.mediafire.com/view/yeh8unoigodkpzu/CaptureBGMiHSPAnimateDead.JPG/file