Install warnings coming from Skie Cost of a Girl's Soul mod, not sure what they mean

Heya all o/

I'm trying to install Skie Cost of Girl's Soul over EET, and my installation gives me a couple of warnings and I'm not sure what they mean...

Maybe someone can point me in the right direction... or maybe they are a non-issue, I don't know...

Here are the messages I'm getting:

#EET_NPC_TRANSITION patching for l#2sdskie: BG2 NPC without BG1 content
#WARNING EET_NPC_TRANSITION: "L#2SDSKI.bcs" doesn't exist in game
#WARNING EET_NPC_TRANSITION: "L#2SD25.bcs" doesn't exist in game

This happens while trying to install this component:

#Installing [Skie: The Cost of One Girl's Soul - Allow Skie to return as a joinable NPC] [2.2]

Could it be that I'm missing some extra content that this mod depends on? I mean, I tried to read the mod's OP very carefully, and I'm sure I didn't miss any important instructions... but I can be blind sometimes :) 

I know it's just a warning, so the installation can continue and Weidu says the component is installed with warnings, and probably other mods will install correctly too... but I didn't want to have problems later while playing, and it's best checking now that I'm able to redo everything from scratch if I need to.

I checked the override folder and those files mentioned in the message are present there, so not sure what's the warning is about 😕 

I've attached the installation DEBUG log, in case it's needed.

Thanks in advance for any help :) 

Best wishes!

SETUP-SKIECOST.7z

You sure this directory ...
C:\Games\~Baldurs Gate Home~\(Root)\EET\Install\Steam EET 2.5\

... really needs to be this complicated ? And C:\Games\Baldurs Gate\EET\ -wouldn't have been better ? Asking cause there could be programming issues that could very well raise from this sort of thing.

21 minutes ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

You sure this directory ...
C:\Games\~Baldurs Gate Home~\(Root)\EET\Install\Steam EET 2.5\

... really needs to be this complicated ?

😅

I hasn't caused me issues up to now... why do you say that? 😃

But yeah, it's a relic of a time where I used to have multiple versions installed at the same time... both Steam and classics from GOG, and several playthroughs running concurrently in different directories.

I could probably simplify it now, that I'm only playing Steam EE versions now.

(Root) contains several copies of the base installs, for different patches... and also the actual Documents folders too... I point to them using Windows Junctions from the Steam library folder and from My Document folder. That way by only changing a junction I can switch quickly which game I'm playing.

The funny characters are only for the purpose of those folders sorting above the other stuff that's present in those folders :)

I assure that everything works correctly! This is not the first time I"m doing this same installation... last time I had this same Warning too, but the installation finished correctly and I was able to play! I had to reinstall due to the fact that I screwed up with some mod ordering and I decided that it was better to fix it when I wasn't still too deep in my playthrough... so this time I was more careful with checking things before jumping directly to install.  That's why I wanted to know what are the cause of the warnings too.

Edited by Leeux
fixed quote
32 minutes ago, Leeux said:

I hasn't caused me issues up to now... why do you say that? 😃

I assure that everything works correctly!

And I'll assure that there hasn't been a time when a mod has forgotten a ~ from it's .tra -file, which liquefies the rest of the content of the mod without a repair.

Point is, I would never put any unorthodox characters into the games directory name and assume it's ok. These: ()/&%.~_ .And since the Windows uses capital and non-capital letters as same, you wouldn't mix those either. You have multiple ways to differentiate the moded games from the base... one is, put a number at the end: C:\Games\BG2EEs\1\ and use the weidu.log file to know which each one contains. And you only need 1 base copy... trust me, I have had 11 simultaneous running BG2 games, so I know. And for the future proof, you ought to move to use the C:\Users\<username>\Games\BG2EEs\1\ -folders. This is because you won't have a rewrite permission in Windows 10 to any other C drives folders.

@Leeux The problem is with the mod, it tries to use a function to patch Skie's scripts before these scripts are actually compiled and present for patching.

Tagging @Lava: It's an easy fix, just move the EET_NPC_TRANSITION block further down in the tp2.

The reason why this gives an error now is because EET checks for this now, it was a silent bug before.

6 hours ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

And I'll assure that there hasn't been a time when a mod has forgotten a ~ from it's .tra -file, which liquefies the rest of the content of the mod without a repair.

Point is, I would never put any unorthodox characters into the games directory name and assume it's ok. These: ()/&%.~_ .And since the Windows uses capital and non-capital letters as same, you wouldn't mix those either. You have multiple ways to differentiate the moded games from the base... one is, put a number at the end: C:\Games\BG2EEs\1\ and use the weidu.log file to know which each one contains. And you only need 1 base copy... trust me, I have had 11 simultaneous running BG2 games, so I know. And for the future proof, you ought to move to use the C:\Users\<username>\Games\BG2EEs\1\ -folders. This is because you won't have a rewrite permission in Windows 10 to any other C drives folders.

I’m pretty sceptical that this could cause any problems. It’s not as if your mod is generating code from directory names!

10 hours ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

Yeah, I kinda see your point...it's true in what you say that there's no need to use special chars in the folders since it could lead to issues... it's asking for it! I just use it because I think it looks better aesthetically than starting the names with using numbers, or something like that.

Never thought about it, and never had to, to be honest... I never had problems with this despite having that folder as base install for several years now, and including the classic BG games there too... and including a whole BWP setup once in the past, several years ago. 

I"m gonna probably revamp the whole folder structure installation once I install my new HD and SSD, and I'll take that opportunity to remove the funny chars from the names then!

7 hours ago, jastey said:

@Leeux The problem is with the mod, it tries to use a function to patch Skie's scripts before these scripts are actually compiled and present for patching.

Tagging @Lava: It's an easy fix, just move the EET_NPC_TRANSITION block further down in the tp2.

The reason why this gives an error now is because EET checks for this now, it was a silent bug before.

Thank you Jastey! So it can cause troubles then! My first intention was to report this to SkieCost thread at beamdog forums, but then I thought it'd be better to ask to the EET people, since I wasn't sure if this was a mod's issue or something else that I screwed up myself :) 

Gonna leave the installation on hold for now, I'm in no hurry... so I don't have to redo everything if/when this gets fixed :) 

Best wishes to all and thanks for the help!