Anomen can lick my...

SimDing0

Okay, I've made a ton of changes to the Holy Symbol Fix, including doing new inventory icons (although note that the brown description graphics suck; if somebody can do something about that, it'd be very cool). However, one problem that seems impossible to resolve is Anomen. To let him use his his holy symbol, I have to open up the entire good axis. This is bad because a) lawful good PCs shouldn't be able to use it, and b) nobody neutral or chaotic good should ever be able to use it. (Note that even a hypothetical way of allowing it to lawful good characters but not neutral/chaotic good wouldn't be totally satisfactory, since it's inconsistent with the other symbols, and contradicts the description.)

That's inconsistent with the other holy symbols though, which are all usable by any cleric of their respective alignments.

Incidentally, if Cleric Remix ever includes Holy Symbols for all the new kits and for NPCs, I suggested in chat that the NPC symbols should be undroppable to avoid this sort of rubbish. I'm sure a cleric isn't gonna be too happy about you leaving his symbol in the Watcher's Keep portal maze or something anyway.

Incidentally, I looked into adding an Set Local Variable effect to spcl934.spl in order to stop Anomen, Aerie and Viconia swapping out the first holy symbol they get their grubby paws on. Unfortunately I can't get opcode 187 to work. The ToB-only (I think it's ToB-only) opcode 309 works though.

Archived