SCS updated to 32.4 (edit: now 32.5)

I moved to requiring ToBEx because it had functionality that dramatically improved what I could do in SCS, improved it enough that it was worth bundling ToBEx up with SCS and accepting the resultant complexity and risk of problems. Nothing like that is true for EEex: the dramatic improvements in the EE engine compared to vanilla already do pretty much everything I need (non-colored stoneskin is just too minor to be worth the complexity). In addition, the EEEx GitHub readme itself says "EEex is currently in alpha, and as such it is highly unstable. All immediate crashes are believed to be fixed, though you still risk a crash at any time. Use with care." So it's highly unlikely that I'm going to be assuming EEEx in the foreseeable future.

Well, you wanted to know if there was a way to disable the stone skin colour effect and there is.

I didn't suggest that you adapt EEex right this moment, nor that it would at any point become essential to SCS without you wanting it to be.

Quite complicated. But it seems we're sorting things out. Apparently it is an installation order problem (or conflict) with Trials of the Luremaster mod (or a bug in that mod). I'll post here again as soon as I have something clearer.

Edited by Blash2
Heya it's me, Imoen
12 hours ago, DavidW said:

Repost the discussion here if you want me to look at it; I don't check baldursextendedworld.com.

From taking a quick glance at the post linked above; It looks like Trials of the Luremaster (without IWD spells for players) prior to SCS (with IWD spells for players) causes some spells to not show up.

Presumely this is because TotLM still adds those spells for NPC use but puts them into hidespl.2da and SCS doesn't undo that when installing.

I checked my own installation (which has TotLM as well) and Curse as an example is indeed in hidespl.2da.

Tagging @argent77

Edited by Ulb
9 hours ago, Ulb said:

From taking a quick glance at the post linked above; It looks like Trials of the Luremaster (without IWD spells for players) prior to SCS (with IWD spells for players) causes some spells to not show up.

Presumely this is because TotLM still adds those spells for NPC use but puts them into hidespl.2da and SCS doesn't undo that when installing.

I checked my own installation (which has TotLM as well) and Curse as an example is indeed in hidespl.2da.

Tagging @argent77

Hello Ulb,

Does this hidespl.2da just prevent those spells from showing up upon level up for the various divine spell casters and sorcerers? Or do you think it might hide the scroll files for the arcane spells missing from the sorcerer level up screen as well?

Is there anyway to edit the hidespl.2da so that the spells aren't hidden anymore? Could it be done safely mid playthrough?

13 hours ago, Ulb said:

In my current installation neb_.cre (EET's Neb in the Flaming Fist compound) had DW#RND10 assigned, which doesn't exist and caused a CTD when entering the area. Changing it to an existing random treasure fixed the issue.

Just tried summoning him with CreateCreature.. no problem for me.

33 minutes ago, Guest DLA1992 said:

Hello Ulb,

Does this hidespl.2da just prevent those spells from showing up upon level up for the various divine spell casters and sorcerers? Or do you think it might hide the scroll files for the arcane spells missing from the sorcerer level up screen as well?

Is there anyway to edit the hidespl.2da so that the spells aren't hidden anymore? Could it be done safely mid playthrough?

I'm really no expert on this but from my understanding scrolls should be fine since those are distributed by SCS, so it's just cerlics and sorcerers.

I think removing those spells from hidespl.2da would make them reappear, though I do not know how exactly the engine adds spells to clerics, so no idea if it works for characters that already have those spell levels assigned to them. As for the safty part, just make a backup copy of hidespl.2da and try it, if anything bad happens just put the backup back in and you're good.

Again, I want to stress that I'm really no expert on this and I take no blame for burning computers or AI's becoming selfaware through muliple copys of Curse in Jaheira's spell book...

Just tried summoning him with CreateCreature.. no problem for me.

Could be that the random treasures are actually assigned at random by SCS, meaning it would effect different (or no) creatures in different installations.

That or something else is involved in my installation.

@DavidW

I just had another CTD when entering the NE Baldur's Gate district, adding a copy of DW#RND100 as DW#RND10 to my game fixed that issue as well.

So either there is an issue with the current SCS version (a typo, 10 instead of 100?) or something messed up SCS in my installation and warrants further investigation.

3 hours ago, Ulb said:

I'm really no expert on this but from my understanding scrolls should be fine since those are distributed by SCS, so it's just cerlics and sorcerers.

I think removing those spells from hidespl.2da would make them reappear, though I do not know how exactly the engine adds spells to clerics, so no idea if it works for characters that already have those spell levels assigned to them. As for the safty part, just make a backup copy of hidespl.2da and try it, if anything bad happens just put the backup back in and you're good.

Again, I want to stress that I'm really no expert on this and I take no blame for burning computers or AI's becoming selfaware through muliple copys of Curse in Jaheira's spell book...

So good news. I did a quick test, and it turns out that if you go into the hidespl.2da file (in the override folder), remove the spell codes referring to the IWD spells, which are near the bottom starting with SPPR112 and ending with SPWI709, and level up your character, the spells will appear. I just tried it with Jaheira (mid game), and a sorcerer (New game).\

The only thing was (and maybe I should do further testing) that upon removing those spells from the hidespl.2da, I didn't see the scroll versions of the arcane spells at the mage store in the adventure mart. So I'm not sure if I need to alter another file or not.

But at least ne part of the problem is solved. I'd appreciate it if anyone could provide any insight into how scrolls are being spread through SCS. Could someone confirm what Ulb said that the hidespl.2da should not have hidden the scroll versions of the IWD spells?

Thanks for your time and attention.

3 hours ago, Ulb said:

So good news. I did a quick test, and it turns out that if you go into the hidespl.2da file (in the override folder), remove the spell codes referring to the IWD spells, which are near the bottom starting with SPPR112 and ending with SPWI709, and level up your character, the spells will appear. I just tried it with Jaheira (mid game), and a sorcerer (New game).\

The only thing was (and maybe I should do further testing) that upon removing those spells from the hidespl.2da, I didn't see the scroll versions of the arcane spells at the mage store in the adventure mart. So I'm not sure if I need to alter another file or not.

But at least ne part of the problem is solved. I'd appreciate it if anyone could provide any insight into how scrolls are being spread through SCS. Could someone confirm what Ulb said that the hidespl.2da should not have hidden the scroll versions of the IWD spells?

Thanks for your time and attention.