Happy 8th of March, Ladies

Domi

February 23rd started out as the Red Army Day (Red Army being of course troups loyal to Bolsheviks, while White Guard obviously opposed during the Civil War of 1918/21 etc); nowadays, as Meoiel had mentioned it was renamed just like all of the old-style holidays. :) What's 7 November now? Reconiliation and Agreement Day?

it was renamed just like all of the old-style holidays. ;) What's 7 November now? Reconiliation and Agreement Day?

It seems that they just don't like to remind about all that old events... Clearly, they're right in some way...

Besides, isn't 8th of March a Mother's Day?.. Or it varies in different areas?.. ;)

So simple things from the first sight, but so complicated... :)

I am not sure they were right - but I am a conservative person. It ebbed at me when they changed every name and broke apart all that they could. But I do not think that I have the right to judge anything going on in Russia, simply because I am unfamiliar with this 'new' country...

Mother's Day here does not come till May something. It is all about personal mothers too, not generally the outpouring of love toward all encountered womankind :)

I am not sure they were right - but I am a conservative person. It ebbed at me when they changed every name and broke apart all that they could. But I do not think that I have the right to judge anything going on in Russia, simply because I am unfamiliar with this 'new' country...

Mother's Day here does not come till May something. It is all about personal mothers too, not generally the outpouring of love toward all encountered womankind :)

But that's all was so long-long ago... Just rather hard to be sad 'bout the days of past, while there're so many interesting things around nowadays... ;)

As Blackmore's said "times, they are changing"... Um, actually, I think it was said before him, but I like they're inetrpretation in the song... ;)

It always so pleasant to see her happy smile, when you're congratulating her with _her_ day =) Nothing can compare with feeling of making someone one step happier... =^^=

The long-long ago was my life. Or my 'first' life. I was 16 in 1991. The person that was me went through a few years of dieing, finally died in 1998 and then started a new life from scratch. They say that nobody gets her life the 'way it supposed to be', but it is damn hard to be scratching out the whole of your childhood and youth as irrelevant and never happened. It is hard when you cannot draw on the experiences and learnings of so many years. For that reason I have neither interest nor relationship of any kind to modern Russia.

The long-long ago was my life. Or my 'first' life. I was 16 in 1991. The person that was me went through a few years of dieing, finally died in 1998 and then started a new life from scratch. They say that nobody gets her life the 'way it supposed to be', but it is damn hard to be scratching out the whole of your childhood and youth as irrelevant and never happened. It is hard when you cannot draw on the experiences and learnings of so many years. For that reason I have neither interest nor relationship of any kind to modern Russia.

Sad story... I even can't remember properly that year... Though I was 4 years old.. ^^

Really sorry for that such turning of htat events on your life...

But the sun is shining again, isn't it? :)

Wonderful country of contrasts. Has broke, is breaking and going to break lifes of so many people. But neither you can hate it, nor love it, just resign yourself. Never thought I would feel this way.... or say.

Sun is shining. True thing to say, Meo. Sorry for brooding.

Happy 8th of March to all the lovely ladies!   :down:

I hope everyone will have a wonderful day/week!

Well, so far I had to get up early, speak in front of class, do tons of homework, and now I'm just waiting till my second class which goes until 8:50 at night, 3 hours long. Oh, and on the half-hour drive to the university, my mother's husband insisted on playing some horrifically bad music, which my mother and I both hated, by women singing about their vaginas because it is Woman's Day and he is more p.c. than thou, and I am quite sure there will be the same thing on the way home.

But spring break starts tomorrow!

And the Pink Panther theme song just started in the cafe. Things may be looking up.

Heh, I was really surprised to see that this day is noticed on IE forums, but since it's here:

Happy 8th of march, dear ladies, may this spring be warm, sun will shine and whole life be gentle for all of you :down:

Archived