Equipment Bonus on Improved Shapeshifting?

Greetings, fellow worshipers of this wonderful mod!
I've never played with druids before and only now discovered that when you equip the token all bonuses from items still applies. Only bonuses coming from the shield doesn't seem to stack. I also tried using belm on the offhand to see if the apr would change, but it only reduced thac0.
Reading the Earth Elemental description i thought to myself that his drawback was losing AC and mobility, but I can just equip the dex gloves(this will actually improve your AC) and the speed bots after shapeshifting, making Jaheira a juggernaut.  

So, It is supposed to work like this or it's some sort of bug? Sorry if this question was asked before, i searched through the forums but didn't have any luck finding this specific subject. 
I'm playing with version 32.7.

41 minutes ago, Rae said:

but I can just equip the dex gloves(this will actually improve your AC) and the speed bots after shapeshifting, making Jaheira a juggernaut.  

And you wouldn't do this before shapeshifting because of ? Yes, Jaheira is a Fighter/Druid, meaning she gets a lot of fighter bonuses on top of the form bonuses.

1 hour ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

And you wouldn't do this before shapeshifting because of ? Yes, Jaheira is a Fighter/Druid, meaning she gets a lot of fighter bonuses on top of the form bonuses.

The elemental token sets the dex to 10, so you must unequip and equip the dex gloves again to be back at 18. I just wast to know if the ability to change the equipment while in token form is an intentional design choice, basically.  

Edited by Rae

Well, if it was the intention to not allow the bonus t o stack, one can make an custom secondary type to protect against equipped bonus... yes, it gets mildly annoying to... but ...

58 minutes ago, Rae said:

I just wast to know if the ability to change the equipment while in token form is an intentional design choice, basically.  

Basically, no. But of course, you are of course free to cheat if you like.

It's not like the game throws you against more and more over powered enemies that are at higher levels than you could ever achieve and have better equipment than you, ouhm, it does. Never mind.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

I see, guess i'm just going to use it moderately, then.
Just one last thing that i didn't notice before: the elemental token deals slashing damage instead of crushing, is there any fix to that? 

Thanks for the feedback!

I believe (been a while since I worked on this type of stuff) that opcode 206 can protect from items as well as spells.  So theoretically the mod could/should comb through the player's game and identify all items that boost stats, and apply while-equipped immunity to those items to the shapeshift 'token.'

On 4/12/2020 at 4:35 PM, subtledoctor said:

I believe (been a while since I worked on this type of stuff) that opcode 206 can protect from items as well as spells.  So theoretically the mod could/should comb through the player's game and identify all items that boost stats, and apply while-equipped immunity to those items to the shapeshift 'token.'

Nope, op#206 can block SPL and EFF files only (at least in EEs...). More info here. That means you must apply op#318 to the shapeshift 'token'.

Alternatively, you could apply another 'Disable Button' opcode (#144) to the shapeshift 'token' and block the access to the Inventory Screen (param#2 = 15, EE only).

I recently realized shapeshifting tokens (and tokens of GREAT WEREWOLVES! from shapeshifter kit) can be transfered to another character. If that another character is a druid, monk or shaman it can uses it. Though the description of token states that the token can only be used by its creator. Also i found out that these tokens can be created in multiples which means that i can have 2 GREATER WEREWOLVES in my party (say main shapeshifter and Jaheira) :) Is this normal? :) Is it the way it should work this way? (installed SR REVISED, IT REVISED, SCS with improved shapeshifting section). I recently realized shapeshifting tokens (and tokens of GREAT WEREWOLVES! from shapeshifter kit) can be transfered to another character. If that another character is another druid, monk or shaman it can uses it. Though the description of token states that the token can only be used by its creator. Also i found out that these tokens can be created in multiples which means that i can have 2 GREATER WEREWOLVES in my party (say main shapeshifter and Jaheira) :) Is this normal? :) Is it the way it should work this way? (installed SR Revised, IT Revised, SCS with improved shapeshifting section, 32.8 version). 

Also, on a sidenote, maybe anyone aware if Magic Fang spell from SR Revised applies buffs to any character turned into wolf or bear or something else? I assume no since the description says "turns natural weapons (claws etc) of friendly animals..." but i guess party member is not a friendly animal even if its in a rabbit form, but i might be wrong about it.

Guest Mike123

You can change the damage type to Crushing via a tool like NearInfinity.  That's a good call-out... I was mentioning some "surprising" things about the tokens in another thread and forgot to mention that.  I changed the Earth Elemental token to Crushing in my game, and left the Fire Elemental as slashing.

15 hours ago, pochesun said:

Also, on a sidenote, maybe anyone aware if Magic Fang spell from SR Revised applies buffs to any character turned into wolf or bear or something else? I assume no since the description says "turns natural weapons (claws etc) of friendly animals..." but i guess party member is not a friendly animal even if its in a rabbit form, but i might be wrong about it.

No, IIRC it uses a static list of the summons that are created by the SR Animal Summoning spells.

The Faiths & Powers version of Magic Fang and Animal Growth work on any nearby friendly animal (excluding spirit animals)... but I don't think players are coded as "animals" even when shapeshifted into animal form. Hm, I wonder if that would be possible... [wanders off]

Edited by subtledoctor
4 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

No, IIRC it uses a static list of the summons that are created by the SR Animal Summoning spells.

The Faiths & Powers version of Magic Fang and Animal Growth work on any nearby friendly animal (excluding spirit animals)... but I don't think players are coded that way even when shapeshifted into animal form. Hm, I wonder if that would be possible... [wanders off]

Thx for reply. I might try FnP out.