betatesting needed

Guest guest

No need for apologies, several subjective reasons. I had half cooked install from my former,  now dead HD ( RIP old friend :() for one. Regarding sheer number of mods available for both BG1 and 2 ( and I want to try most of them ) I thought why not split work in half now that automated BWS and BWP are somewhat outdated. Beside that I'm eagerly awaiting new BGT which will be finished soon I hope so I didn't feel like trying it's old version. Finally IMHO TUTU is little closer to that authentic flavor of old vanilla BG and whole experience is actually smooth with almost zero of that inexplicable, out of blue CTD's which plagued many of my BGT runs killing my mood for playing. As I said, subjective and maybe not very good reasons, but here they are. :)

On 7/15/2020 at 10:37 PM, Greenhorn said:

Thanks for this. I'm currently playing v.7. As far as I can see, much of it is unusable on TUTU but for BGT this mod will be priceless. 

Do you mean that components are inapplicable, or you're hitting some issues? Please do report the latter to github.

I never actually tried TuTu, so I don't test on it. And looking at it, it's hard to even understand what to use. There's V4, and V6 beta, and TuTufix, and also something called EasyTuTu... Is there a definitive version?

43 minutes ago, qwerty1234567 said:

Do you mean that components are inapplicable, or you're hitting some issues? Please do report the latter to github.

I never actually tried TuTu, so I don't test on it. And looking at it, it's hard to even understand what to use. There's V4, and V6 beta, and TuTufix, and also something called EasyTuTu... Is there a definitive version?

Easy Tutu is definite version, no fixes required and easy to find. I will link it if you want. About ( your I guess?) mod, let's see... I played v8 last summer which mysteriously disappeared in the meantime. No clue if it was some unauthorized fork which mod's author removed. Then this year first I tried v8 master but it refused to install so I gave up and grabbed then most recent v7. 

I will list issues from top of my head what I remember here if it is all the same with you. Most of soundsets stuff refused to install due to some missing Imoen's files it seems. I replaced it with some similar components ( now deprecated ) from old BGT DSotSC which were compatible with Tutu. Familiar scripts were working in theory I guess ( sadly not in my current game as I installed Mischievous fairy dragon mod after your scripts ) as you could issue orders to pick items but since they have different names ( Tutu usually have _ mark before files ) I only managed to get some gold from chests with my familiar. Convenient traps components also weren't working from what I saw ( no effect whatsoever ). As well,  Otiluke's sphere and something else from that section refused to install. Kudos for mod, brilliant stuff and ideas but I wouldn't go out of my way to adapt it for Tutu as author because player base is negligible and this is probably my last run with it. 

Yes, it's mine. There was never a v8 released. There was (and is) a WIP on github. I think Roxanne's tool uses master HEAD, so it could've picked that up. But obviously it's a bad practice and any feedback about unreleased versions will not even be considered.

42 minutes ago, qwerty1234567 said:

I think Roxanne's tool uses master HEAD, so it could've picked that up. 

I don't use her tool but I probably stumbled on some link leading to it. Keep a good job with your mods but it wouldn't hurt IMHO to post couple links and threads of them somewhere more visible as I found them accidentally by pure luck. It would be such a shame not to hug that teddy bear now and then after hard day of adventuring ( Rhialto won't need it anymore ). :p

Component "Potion of Really Mirrored Eyes: v8.4"  from TNT mod cause CTD in my BG:TotSC vanilla game when used. From my humble experience CTD on one version of the game is usually indicative of problem encountered on all of them so maybe it wouldn't be bad idea to check and fix this ( for all versions ). 

On 1/24/2021 at 8:29 PM, Greenhorn said:

Component "Potion of Really Mirrored Eyes: v8.4"  from TNT mod cause CTD in my BG:TotSC vanilla game when used. From my humble experience CTD on one version of the game is usually indicative of problem encountered on all of them so maybe it wouldn't be bad idea to check and fix this ( for all versions ). 

I'm actually suprised it even installs on it. I didn't test on classic ToSC. Submit an issue on github, with steps to reproduce.

On 2/2/2021 at 4:04 AM, subtledoctor said:

I really want to know how you managed to get Project Image to use the caster's memorized spells...

In the best traditions of IE modding: with horrible hacks. Code is on github, so...