(Spoilers) Transition from Dragonspear to Shadows of Amn

I am very stuck.  I have reached the end of Shadowspear, I have been rescued and have joined up with Imoen and the others.  The Shadow Thieves have attacked and the mist narration has played, telling me that everything has faded to gray.  That narration ended and now I am stuck fighting continuous waves of Shadow Thieves and nothing else is happening.  My PC has not woken up in Irenicus' dungeon or anything like that.  Is that normal or has something gone wrong?  If its normal, what am I supposed to do to finish the Dragonspear portion of EET?  I know from watching youtube videos that in the non-EET version the credits role after the mist narration. 

Edited by DarkZephyr
3 hours ago, Lauriel said:

The transitions happens after you succumb to the Shadow Thieves.  When you are unconscious, you're taken to Irenicus.

I will try taking it off of storymode then to see if that helps. 

Edit:  Yeah, that worked.  lol

Edited by DarkZephyr

I am having another issue and I am a bit reticent to start an entirely different thread.  But what I am dealing with now is that I am in (I believe) Chapter 18 after having emerged from the Underdark and talking with Elhan and his group, and when I go to the graveyard, the initial Bodhi confrontation where she will usually snatch a love interest is not triggering.  Also, her lair is empty as is the High Hall of the Radiant Heart, though that may be due to my PC's participation in that one thing for Dorn.

I won't be surprised if this is yet another thing I am doing wrong myself. 

Edited by DarkZephyr

@DarkZephyr

Did you try searching for Bodhi not appearing at the graveyard and EET? This rings a bell, but I can't remember what the problem was. It could be a script added to the area script blocking the Bodhi events to happen, although I would assume that was fixed by now. (But you used the EE Setup Tool, if I remember correctly? Noone knows which mod versions that downloads).

The Order of the Radiant Heart is probably no longer an option if you did Dorn's quest, but I did not check that in the game ressources.

On 7/27/2020 at 9:15 AM, Caedwyr said:

I think you need to let it run long enough to get the characters to take a break and get down to discussing their philosophical differences over a light meal and a couple ales.

Until the thieves start with gambling and scams the PC into slavery with their tricks.

On a serious note: instead of putting a note into the RTNR (readme That Noone Reads) I guess somehow fixing the SoD-> BGII transition for storymode would be the better choice. Tagging @K4thos

20 minutes ago, jastey said:

@DarkZephyr

Did you try searching for Bodhi not appearing at the graveyard and EET? This rings a bell, but I can't remember what the problem was. It could be a script added to the area script blocking the Bodhi events to happen, although I would assume that was fixed by now. (But you used the EE Setup Tool, if I remember correctly? Noone knows which mod versions that downloads).

The Order of the Radiant Heart is probably no longer an option if you did Dorn's quest, but I did not check that in the game ressources.

I did and most of the results I got are from the original edition of the game from over 15 years ago.  BTW I utilized "alternatives" to get to Spellhold but I can't imagine that is the cause.

Hm... Alternatives could lead to scrumbled chapter values if you are unlucky. (Should be really fixed in the next update.)

What value does the chapter have in your game? I.e. if you type into the cheat console:

C:GetGlobal("chapter","GLOBAL")

What does it say?

19 hours ago, jastey said:

That might be the problem. Set the chapter number to 18, and Bodhi should spawn.

How exactly did you go to Spellhold via Alternatives?

Do you have a savegame upon arriving Brynnlaw where you could check the chapter number for me?

I got there by paying the guy in the glowing clothes.  So I reloaded my save from just before Irenicus' dungeon and this time I went via the Shadow Thieves and Bodhi showed up as she was supposed to.  I think going via the dude in the glowing clothes may have somehow neglected to change the chapter globals so when I left the Underdark instead of ticking forward into chapter 18, it ticked forward to chapter 17.  That's just my theory anyway.