Scroll OnClick?

Lauriel

Is there a way to add some effect, spell or trigger to an item, like a scroll, to determine if it's been looked at?

I'd like to determine if an informational scroll, like a wanted poster, has been read.  It's not something I want to require to be placed into a quickslot to be used.  I just want to know if they've read it.  What I've done so far is just wait a couple in-game minutes after it's been placed into inventory and 'assume' it's been read.  This makes me uncomfortable, but not sure what else I can do, if anything.

Any ideas?

3 hours ago, lynx said:

I can't think of a way, so I'd leave it to narrative ("this message will self-destruct in x" or something).

Yeah, after a short time I start up a conversation.  It's just that the conversation would make a lot more sense if the PC had actually read the scroll rather than just stuffing it away.  I guess I'll have to leave it at that.

Thank you! :)

EDIT: Actually, it wasn't good enough.  I just had the NPC that was starting the conversation to start off by commenting about the scroll then reading it out loud as part of the conversation.  Works pretty well.

Edited by Lauriel
1 minute ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

You could make the scroll originally be unifentified, set the identify difficulty to zero and that maybe could trigger the conversation... if it can.

That would at least make sure they've looked at it.  Thank you!  I'll see if I can work with this.