Installing NPC Project for BGEE on Steam/Mac?

Guest Sam

Hi there!  I searched the forums last time I tried to post about this and did not find a good answer.  Starting a new play-through and wanted to try again.  I would LOVE to install the NPC Project for BGEE on my mac.  Not sure what details you might need to help me.  I did read the instructions but am unsure how to do it.  I am wondering if the process is different because I am playing on Steam and not directly on my mac.  Back in the day I was able to install mods on PC but have never been able to figure it out on a mac.  Also, if I change my mind-I should be able to easily uninstall right?  Thank you for your help!

Sam

With "modmerge" what's meant is this:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/71305/mod-dlc-merger-merge-steam-gog-sod-dlc-or-custom-dlcs-with-the-main-game

(There is also a tool called "modmerge" but @argent77's tool can be installed like a mod and deinstalled, too that's why it's better.)

This is needed as 1st mod for every BG:SoD game from GOG or Steam because of the way the SoD DLC is shipped. Install this first and after that BG1NPC that should work.

I really don't understand this stuff at all!  So I downloaded modmerge (and DLC merger later and neither worked for me).  I unzipped the file and there isn't really a program in there.  Whatever I did click on just ran a bunch of gibberish text.  SO it doesn't seem to be working.

I put the DLC merger into the game folder and tried to run that program and it says it is not in the game folder even though I believe I have it in the right folder.  Happy to send screenshots but don't want to take up too much of your time!  Let me know :)

Sam

The folder is a little messy now because I have tried putting in a few different things but the game still works.  When I click on setup-dlcmerger I get the error message you can see in the terminal.  I believe this is the game folder because I see the chitin.key but perhaps I need to get in farther somehow?

Sam

Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 3.02.38 PM.png

Edited by Wolfdscf

Also as a tip, modding your copy from Steam directly is not a good idea.  Steam forces updates, and such an update will completely wreck your modded game.  It's far better to create a local copy for your modded game.