Spell on hit animation

Does anyone know where to find the spell "on hit" animation in DLTCEP?  I have my entire spell pack mod ironed out and working aside from this last bit of polish.

I can see that in NI there is an option for this but NI is a bit more difficult to work with, and selecting an effect doesn't really give you any idea what you are choosing.  For the sake of example, Im working on an offensive fire spell.  I tried looking at other fire spells to see which effect they use and they dont seem to have an on hit effect that I can find..... Maybe because they are AOE?

DLTCEP seems easier to use as it plays you the sounds and shows you the spell icons in real time, I just cant figure out which entry shows the on hit effect (IE the animation that plays on the target when an offensive spells successfully lands on an enemy).

Fire (and Magic Fire), Cold (and Magic Cold), Electricity, and all physical damage types (except non-lethal) have hardcoded damage visuals.

They can be overridden in file DMGTYPES.2DA, as can custom entries be specified for the other damage types.

4 hours ago, kjeron said:

They can be overridden in file DMGTYPES.2DA, as can custom entries be specified for the other damage types.

Does this mean you could potentially make as many damage types; and as a result as many damage visuals and sounds as one likes ? There wouldn't be resistances to them, but ouh, in for a penny, in for a pound.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola