Peaceful werewolf island

Guest ront

5 hours ago, DavidW said:

every single werewolf is able to suppress both peer pressure

I also find it unlikely. It's quite obvious when you get there that there is an insanely sense of communion/community in the island  (like a pack of wolves, shall we say). Kinda creepy -- even the little kid is willing to die for it.

The small romance with the NPC there or the NPC you help get her baby back are OK exceptions for me though.

5 minutes ago, jastey said:

fantasy computer game

I don't think this matters much. "Believable" in the context of the forgotten realms fantasy we're currently playing or trying to immerse ourselves into.

If it's just two more people (and not the whole village, as I thought this was about) so the quest has some more extra feel-good vibes,  or a less bitter resolution, that's cool too.

In a way I do like that Farthing (what a terrible name) transforms and tries to kill you to be honest. It's downright creepy that everyone is behaving in such a savage and cultish way with no questions asked.

Even better.

Let's make a mod where you can save Farthing from the carnage, make her your adoptive daughter, take care of her (have a trusted caretaker for her, sometimes, of course), teach her the ways of the civilized folk, cure her of her lycanthropy, the group-think and the rest of the ailments, leading her to a bright future.

It's like another way of spawning [adoptive] progeny without Aerie... (Ugh, I want to experience her romance, but I never play as a male Bhaalspawn). One mod per game in the saga. And you can be kind to her or mean, teach her to be cruel, or good and compassionate.

I would play it, probably.

Edited by RoyalProtector

It might be worth noting that this component of the Calling is borrowed from SCS, where it is a relatively minor modification of the Kaishas dialog and cutscene tacked on to the tactical improved-werewolves component (and I think my first attempt at dialog and cutscene modding). I’m sure there’s scope for a much more drastic werewolf-island mod, but it’s not really something I’m interested in writing (apart from anything else I have too many projects already, including ToF, the WoP rewrite, [redacted], and [redacted]).

That's right, my suggestion would have been limited specifically to Farthing and Evalt ... as a little extra motivation, so to speak.
I also don't think it makes sense that nobody would turn against the group just because they helped people against the Wolfwere.

@DavidW 

Right, I only read afterwards that the component was originally from SCS.
No problem, I understand your point of view. I didn't want to burden you with any extra work either.

In any case, thank you for this opportunity ... I always thought it was a shame to have to kill Kaishas

I think the last time I played Werewolf Island, I slew the Loup Garou or whatever it was called, went back to the town, and talked to Kaishas, which turned the whole town hostile. I still had that lady's baby, who turned into a werewolf before I could hand him over to her, but I was able to talk to Farthing and give her the doll...right before she transformed into a werewolf and I had to kill her. The whole island is probably some of the shabbiest content in the entire BG series, and it's setup very badly in terms of mechanics, writing, and outcomes. I guess I at least got an adopted son and doll out of it.