Peaceful werewolf island

Guest ront

Guest Raelis

Are you sure about that? Because I'm not even remotely interested in SCS tweaks to difficulty, but only on the story tweaks. And SCS's readme talks about the fact that you can install their component on top of The calling component.

I had guessed it was:
The calling = only story tweaks
SCS = Story tweaks + difficulty tweaks
Ā 

Ā 

Guest Raelis

First ask? I'm not Ront, I'm Raelis. Ā I use the calling in my games, DavidW is offline and Angel knows his stuff with modding. Is angel referring to a soon to be released scsĀ githhub version?Ā 

Ā 

also, why doĀ you care about my questions? I think i ve published a few in bg1 npc project and you straight out ignored all of them. Now i can't ask Angel?

5 minutes ago, Guest Raelis said:

Is angel referring to a soon to be released scsĀ githhub version?Ā 

Erhm, you mean the current v33.7 ? Cause you had better be using one of those rather than years old version. Unless you are using the SCS v23 or what was it, for compatibility reasons, but then you wouldn't be using the calling either.. I would assume at least.

16 minutes ago, Guest Raelis said:

I'm not Ront, I'm Raelis.

As a global moderator I have means to differ. Of course I can't prove anything, but I am pretty sure I know who you are and what names you use (including registered user accounts). Please do not tempt my patience any more than this game already does. [In case someone sees this: this has nothing to do with Roxanne.]

And to your accusation: I'm not ignoring questions on purpose, I have a real life and can't answer every one.

On 3/15/2021 at 5:42 AM, Angel said:

They are one and the same.Ā  The latest version of SCS no longer has this component.

This is incorrect. The Calling version only has the story changes, not the AI/tactical changes, and the original version is still available in SCS.

14 hours ago, DavidW said:

This is incorrect. The Calling version only has the story changes, not the AI/tactical changes, and the original version is still available in SCS.

I stand corrected then.Ā  I thought you had split the story- and tactical components.

the possibility of getting off the werewolf island peacefully is something that has intrigued me ever since it came into existence.
It makes me leave the island feeling much better because I don't have to use violence against someone who never really deserved it and only has the best interests of the people of the village at heart ...
So it's an option that I've really wanted to install since the first time.

The only thing I found a bit of a shame was that with some of the other inhabitants of the island, there was no way to prevent them from attacking the group. Normally only Maralee, if you save her child, and Delainy, if you do it right, are the exceptions and don't join in attacking when the mood of the inhabitants changes.
What I would have liked to see would have been other inhabitants of the island not turning against the group when you do them a special service/help them - in the case of the fisherman Evalt it would be to get his brother back from the sirens and the girl Farthing to get her doll back.

Ā 

Edited by Lumorus
7 hours ago, Lumorus said:

What I would have liked to see would have been other inhabitants of the island not turning against the group when you do them a special service/help them - in the case of the fisherman Evalt it would be to get his brother back from the sirens and the girl Farthing to get her doll back.

You mean something like a "More people on werewolf island do not turn on the PC after they helped them" tweak? This would work as an own tweak though, it's not necessarily connected to the current "peaceful werewolf island" component?

And welcome to G3, @Lumorus! šŸ™‚

Iā€™d be concerned that if you go too far in this direction you start changing the essentially tragic theme of the island. (I mean, you could advance that as a criticism of the Calling change too, but hopefully it gets away with it).

Still, implementation is what matters, and if someone wants to write that mod and can do it in a way that works, more power to them.

Thank you for the warm welcome, @jasteyĀ šŸ™‚

15 hours ago, jastey said:

You mean something like a "More people on werewolf island do not turn on the PC after they helped them" tweak? This would work as an own tweak though, it's not necessarily connected to the current "peaceful werewolf island" component?

Something like that - I would have imagined it as part of the component - it would be like Maralee (I don't know if she would attack if you don't save her baby, but I suspect so) and Delainy - she would attack the group if you deny her two requests and treat her disrespectfully.
I've looked at this again - only Farthing and Evalt would really come into question - the others rather not.
In the component, the HC opens up an advantage where Maralee and Delainy / their male counterpart are convinced by solving their quests not to turn against the group when the riot starts ... and I was just wondering if that might not apply to Farthing and Evalt as well - they both have a personal quest as well.
I would also see that as further motivation to help people - if not out of kindness, then out of self-interest. šŸ˜‰