"ToBEx" as an installation condition

temnix

One of the items I'm working on has a property which, according to Near Infinity, only applies if the mod is installed on an Enhanced Edition or ToB Extender - "Toggle critical hits." I have never used ToBEx for anything, because I play EE versions, but I try to make my items compatible with the "classic" engine - Shadows of Amn and its reverse application, Tutu. Well, it is easy to put in a check for SoA and Tutu, for ToB as well, and install a less sophisticated version of the item, but how can I write in a condition for ToBEx? It's not one of the GAME_IS constants, and though I could simply check this box in both versions, there is no harm in that, only the games where this property does anything (ToBEx and EE) should mention it in the item description.

Rather than have a condition for ToBEx you should just include it in your modification for non-EE.

This is from my own Tweaks:

////////////////////////
/// Include ToBEX ///
///////////////////////

OUTER_SPRINT ~TOBEX_MOD_DIRECTORY~ ~stweaks~
LOAD_TRA ~stweaks/tobex_redist/tobex.tra~
INCLUDE ~stweaks/tobex_redist/tobex.tpa~
COPY ~tobex_ini/tobexcore.ini~ ~tobex_ini/tobexcore.ini~
  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~Expanded Triggers=0~ ~Expanded Triggers=1~
  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~Enable PickpocketFailed Trigger=0~ ~Enable PickpocketFailed Trigger=1~
COPY ~tobex_ini/tobextweak.ini~ ~tobex_ini/tobextweak.ini~
  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~Engine:Disable Silence On Charm=0~ ~Engine:Disable Silence On Charm=1~
BUT_ONLY

Edited by Salk

@temnix Just as any other component of a mod:

REQUIRE_PREDICTATE MOD_IS_INSTALLED ~TobEx.tp2~ ~100~ ~ToBEx required~

This will check if ToBEx core component is installed and all other components require core component so you can check the single one.

So it's a mod. I thought it was some kind of special program. All right, thanks. The condition FILE_EXISTS ~tobex_ini/tobexcore.ini should do it.

Edited by temnix