Road to Discovery: Bugthread

jastey

16 hours ago, jastey said:

My mods do not add to Garrick in SoD.

Invalid lines like that can happen if you installed a mod to BG:SoD from GOG or Steam without the DLC Merger (or modmerge), are playing in a different language of the game than the mods were installed to, or if you use a modded save in a new install (where the dialog.tlk doesn't have as much entries, otherwise it would be scrumbled texts).

If non of that apply to you, I'm at a loss. 🤔

Thank you for the explanations.

I always use DLC Merger before any mod, and play in english only for easier mod compatibility.

Indeed, I installed RtD when I was in the middle of BGEE, so it could be the culprit.

@Trouveur80 that should work pretty well if the save was unmodded, if the installed mod didn't make changes to the area files etc., i.e. as long as it's only related to dialogues etc. I have saves of an unmodded BGII playthrough, I always use them to test my NPC mods for the crucial game events.

Maybe you can make a changelog on Garick's greeting dialogue to see which mods made changes. Or is RtD your only installed mod? Then deinstalling and loading an earlier save to see how Garick's dialogue looks then would be an idea.

The only thing RtD does to Garrick's dialogue is adding the setting of a variable after his line "~Rumors. Whispers of echoes, nothing more. Some say she is an aasimar. Others the child of a god. Some believe she is Sarevok's own sister.~" (bdgarric.dlg state 48).

I had Spells Revision and Revised Bhaalspawn abilities installed too. It was going to be an unmodded run, but then I was tempted by new release of SR, then I installed revised bhaalspawn powers to match SR, and eventually I couldn't do again SoD without your improvements. Vanilla now seems unfinished without RtD, Borarskyr Bridge and AfH.

But I remember having the same bug on a completely different install in a previous game.

I will investigate this with a clean install and try to find the culprit. It's not a big deal, but it intrigues me. 😉

Thank you for your advice.

Guest Nerogami

Not sure if it's bug, but during the conversation with Caelar I have no option to point that Hephernaan serves Umbral Accord or whatever it's called (I saw that dialogue in NI). Only that he is fiend. I had the pool vision with him and Hooded Man, not sure if lack of Edwin in team makes a difference, but in my opinion, it shouldn't.

Also not bug, but I think the revelation from drunken paladin in Baldur's Gate is WAY too spoilery at early stages of game.

54 minutes ago, Guest Nerogami said:

I think the revelation from drunken paladin in Baldur's Gate is WAY too spoilery at early stages of game.

Thanks for the feedback. This is Themed Tweak's content (from Lauriel), RtD incorporates it as the first component. (Means I can't change the content even if I wanted to.) I agree that it is a heavy spoiler.

56 minutes ago, Guest Nerogami said:

during the conversation with Caelar I have no option to point that Hephernaan serves Umbral Accord or whatever it's called (I saw that dialogue in NI). Only that he is fiend. I had the pool vision with him and Hooded Man

I admit I focussed on the fiend revelation, leaving the Umbral Accord out. I am pondering about how to nerf the knowledge gained by this scry pool scene, though. Knowing that Hephernaan (SoD Spoiler:)

Spoiler

is working for a fiend master attempting to cross over

is something that *can* be known from it, but it's more of a hindsight thing - afterwards it all makes sense. It's also a big spoiler at this moment of the game and although the knowledge that something is in the bushes is definitely there, I think I will check whether this could - and should - be tuned down into more of a general "this man is dubious and works for someone who wants the Bhaalspawn, too" kind of thing.

I wanted to let you know that I ran into several bugs right at the end of SOD.

1. I was unable to use the lift to the dragonspear basement, the area transition icon would not appear.

2. during the basement fight with hephernaan he would not start his dialog and run away. he just became unkillable.

3. after the parley when returning to camp there were no npc's and i couldn't continue.

there may have been more more I stopped trying to use the mod after this. I tested this by having a backup install from before I added this mod. I installed this mod after starting a EET game but before starting SOD. I installed with project infinity, skipping module 1 and installing 2-9. I intalled after jastey sod tweaks, imoen4ever, all quest mods, all npc mods, and before made in heaven, SCS and tweaks anthology.

My install time and order may have played a role in these bugs, but I wanted to pass on the info. The mod worked well up until this end point and was a nice addition to the dialog of the game.

@Craigerade please post your weidu.log.

The mod doesn't change any of the mentioned situations but it's possible some needed variables weren't set due to changed dialogue flow or something. For a proper debug, I'd need to know what your PC already knew at which point and what they told to the officers etc., which is a bit hard to replicate.

How did you get into the dragonspear basement? It's also possible Hephernaan remaining unkillable was a result from possible cheating in there etc.

Do you still have savegames, from before wanting to use the lift and after returning from the parley would be interesting.

To get into the basement I ran the game from by back folder of my install before adding the mod. made a save once in the basement, then ran the game again from my main install with this mod. that probably borked something. leading to the continued bugs. after that i went back to my backup install and loaded the save before the basement and continued on to the end of SOD. I'm wondering if it is just from installing mid run of eet